We stayed at Seaside Cottages for two nights when we first got to Phuket.
We stayed in the most basic hut and it was fine and as expected. A comfortable mattress on the floor with a mosquito net. There is a great family feel to the place and Malcom, the owner is a very personable person.
The cottages are located very close to the airport which was just what we wanted. However, you wouldn't think they were close to the airport as they are situated on a large undeveloped beach. Even though you can see the occasional plane, you can't hear them.
The only negative is the restaurant. It is not a bad restaurant but there are better alternatives close by.
Overall, a nice welcome to Thailand and a comfortable stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Very natural resort with modern facilities and friendly English speaking staff. Round En-Suite Cottages, Beach Huts and Campground. Licenced Restaurant open to the public and serving a large variety of Thai & English food. This site is one of the most natural and quietest areas of Phuket and a complete contrast to the overdeveloped south. There is no road along the beach so you will not be disturbed by noisy traffic or nightclubs and although we are only a few kilometers from the airport you you cannot hear the aircraft. It is our policy to operate using environmentally friendly practices as much as possible. All building and fittings are recently constructed so you can be sure of clean & presentable facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld so you can book your Seaside Cottages & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seaside Cottages & Restaurant Hotel Mai Khao
- Seaside Cottages And Restaurant
- Seaside Cottages & Restaurant Phuket/Mai Khao