We stayed at the Anantara for 8 nights as part of our honeymoon. We were looking for a place to relax and unwind after the whirlwind of the wedding, and thats exactly what we found!
The villas themselves are really really nice, big beds, lovely heavy Thai furniture, open plan bathroom with a sunken bath at the same level as the pool, and of course the private pool and Sala. There are lots of lovely touches in the villas that set the resort apart - from three different kinds of soap, to lovely furniture and decor, to the massive mirrors and the enormous number of towels you are given. All the villas in the resort are the same standard, bar some minor layout differences and the addition of an over-lagoon sala, which I really liked. The resort itself is gorgeous, and very very quiet - far from the hustle of Patong and the touristy resorts around the island.
The only major criticism that I have is that the resort does not seem to have his demographics quite right. The setup of the rooms are clearly designed for couples rather than young families - this was one of the chief reasons for us choosing this resort for a romantic getaway. To start with, the villas one bedroom and one king size bed (and arent massive rooms), and the resort activities are also much more designed around cocktails, sunsets and romantic dinners. However, while we were there over Easter, there were more families than couples, which I found surprising and frankly a little irritating, as I had more than one meal with children screaming beside us. Yes, live and let live, but I was surprised that the resort did not do more to cater to the different types of guests there, especially considering the price bracket and quality of the resort. Of the three times we booked ahead at the restaurants and requested a quieter table away from young families, twice we were seated directly beside a family of children under 5.
Having said that, it was Easter weekend and the resort was quite busy, so it could be different at other times. We did have a wonderful stay, and would definitely recommend the resort to others. If you are on your honeymoon you get a great package, including champagne in your room, free cocktails and canapes, an aromatherapy massage for two (heaven), and a romantic bath setup.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away in the charming tropical beauty of Thailand's premier island destination, Anantara Phuket Villas provides a luxurious refuge that opens out onto unspoiled panoramas. Awake to the sight of virgin sands backed by the lush vegetation of Sirinath National Park. Trek through the dense jungle by elephant to discover untouched island wonders. Relax in your private pool villa surrounded by the finest materials and design. Our Phuket resort puts the upmost emphasis on designer relaxation and guests' privacy, with 91 private Phuket pool villas scattered harmoniously across a prime stretch of Mai Khao Beach. Complimenting our luxury resort's tropically inviting accommodation is a host of services and facilities of the highest standard, including premium restaurants, bars and leisure facilities. Anantara Phuket's glorious contemporary design is inspired by a location that offers an array of activities, from diving in pristine waters to learning the ancient art of Thai cookery. The full delights of Anantara Phuket Villas are ready for you to enjoy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotel.de, getaroom.com and Priceline so you can book your Anantara Mai Khao Phuket Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Phuket Villas Hotel Mai Khao
- Anantara Hotel Mai Khao
- Anantara Hotel Phuket
- Anantara Mai Khao Phuket Villas