Booked four days at the Anantara Resort and Spa in Phuket on Mai Khao beach in the North of Phuket. We did this with a little trepidation as the resort was opening a day before we arrived. The Anantara is 15 mins from Phuket airport. Some friends picked us up and took us to the resort. We felt like royalty on arrival with a large group of staff welcoming us along with a photographer. The reception we received was the warmest we have experienced in 20 years of traveling and most welcome after traveling so far. We had been warned that some of the facilities had not been completed and that workmen were busily completing the resort. Our initial fears soon evaporated when we were shown around the resort. Our villa with pool was fantastic, modern with Thai touches and nicely secluded from the other villas of which the resort has another 83. The villa was only 3 mins walk from the magnificent main Pool and another 2 minutes from Mai Khao beach which is beautiful and tranquil.
The Resort has two Restaurants. We were hoping these were good due to the distance to Patong for alternatives. We were not disappointed. Sala the main restaurant had both Thai & Continental dishes which were of a quality using the best of local produce.. Everything we had we loved. We also had a Thai cookery day which was held in the kitchen which greatly improved our Thai cooking skills. The other restaurant - nearer the ocean was also delicious, especially the chocolate dessert, just yummy.
The resort also has a Tree House with great big comfy couches & seats a well stocked bar and Thai tapas, all delicious with great views over the resort.
We were concerned when we booked about location as it is in the far North of Phuket. It is a good 45 minutes from the hustle and bustle of Patong and the beaches in the South. But we were after some peace quiet and tranquility which Anantara provides. We did go to Patong a few times which is a 900 Baht taxi ride away.
Besides a well designed and beautiful resort the staff are a very important element to a hotel and we could not fault them – PHU and YEH were fantastic taking care of our every need with contagious enthusiasm, Bun at the Sala restaurant looked after us at breakfast and dinner and was always attentive and did everything with a smile. Nut took us for or cookery course and was great.
The main Pool is excellent and has seating areas around the side that act like a jacuzzi, whilst also having large stretches of water for the serious swimmer. The gym is small but has all the usual features. Bikes are available for exploring the surrounding area which is recommended.
At night the place looks spectacular with all the bridges and paths lit up with oil lamps.
The Spa was not open when we arrived but is due to be opened in November and should add another dimension to the resort.
A number of shops are being built at the entrance to Anantara including an Irish bar which will give more options from the resort.
We were originally staying for 4 days but we were enjoying our stay so much that we extended the stay - excellent, so glad we did it.
We would go back at the drop of a hat and can whole heartedly recommend it to others considering staying here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away in the charming tropical beauty of Thailand's premier island destination, Anantara Phuket Villas provides a luxurious refuge that opens out onto unspoiled panoramas. Awake to the sight of virgin sands backed by the lush vegetation of Sirinath National Park. Trek through the dense jungle by elephant to discover untouched island wonders. Relax in your private pool villa surrounded by the finest materials and design. Our Phuket resort puts the upmost emphasis on designer relaxation and guests' privacy, with 91 private Phuket pool villas scattered harmoniously across a prime stretch of Mai Khao Beach. Complimenting our luxury resort's tropically inviting accommodation is a host of services and facilities of the highest standard, including premium restaurants, bars and leisure facilities. Anantara Phuket's glorious contemporary design is inspired by a location that offers an array of activities, from diving in pristine waters to learning the ancient art of Thai cookery. The full delights of Anantara Phuket Villas are ready for you to enjoy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Hotel.de so you can book your Anantara Mai Khao Phuket Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Phuket Villas Hotel Mai Khao
- Anantara Hotel Mai Khao
- Anantara Hotel Phuket
- Anantara Mai Khao Phuket Villas