First class hotel. Every room is a private pool villa, and the pools are a decent size too - you can actually swim about rather than just cool off. Airport pick up and shuttle to the hotel was efficient and they were able to get us a room despite being before their guaranteed check in time, which is appreciated. The daily breakfast was very good, fresh food, tropical fruits and a decent selection of cooked items. The staff were exceptional and provided great hospitality and service.
Slight downsides are the mosquitoes. The hotel is set around a lagoon and has a variety of plants and wildlife. While they do occasionally fog to keep the insects at bay, ultimately you're in the tropics so there are bound to be a few mozzies here and there. Another downside (depending on your point of view) is the location. There are relatively few local restaurants etc. in walking distance, so you may end up spending time dealing with taxi hassles to get to nearby areas. We opted to rent a car for a few days which the front desk was happy to arrange for us - so long as you go slow and watch for scooters driving on Phuket is not challenging.
The food options in the resort (which high quality) are perhaps one of the bigger drawbacks, with limited casual dining options at a reasonable price. The (much bigger) neighboring Marriott resort is in close walking distance and has a few more affordable F&B options.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away in the charming tropical beauty of Thailand's premier island destination, Anantara Phuket Villas provides a luxurious refuge that opens out onto unspoiled panoramas. Awake to the sight of virgin sands backed by the lush vegetation of Sirinath National Park. Trek through the dense jungle by elephant to discover untouched island wonders. Relax in your private pool villa surrounded by the finest materials and design. Our Phuket resort puts the upmost emphasis on designer relaxation and guests' privacy, with 91 private Phuket pool villas scattered harmoniously across a prime stretch of Mai Khao Beach. Complimenting our luxury resort's tropically inviting accommodation is a host of services and facilities of the highest standard, including premium restaurants, bars and leisure facilities. Anantara Phuket's glorious contemporary design is inspired by a location that offers an array of activities, from diving in pristine waters to learning the ancient art of Thai cookery. The full delights of Anantara Phuket Villas are ready for you to enjoy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Hotel.de, getaroom.com and Priceline so you can book your Anantara Mai Khao Phuket Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Phuket Villas Hotel Mai Khao
- Anantara Hotel Mai Khao
- Anantara Hotel Phuket
- Anantara Mai Khao Phuket Villas