We have just returned from a week spent here after a few days in the Anantara Riverside Bangkok. Beautiful large villa with reasonably big swimming pool and outside 'sala'. Lovely to spend time there in the afternoons as a change from the beach and pool. Stunningly good breakfast - everything you desired. The staff remembered your preferences after the first day and brought freshly prepared mangoes and our coffee without asking! The only slight niggle is that we would have preferred the fridge to be in the main villa building rather in the outside sala room as it was a bit of a bore getting things from it each time if you wanted early morning tea with milk (small cartons provided). The only downside really was the price of the pool bar and restaurants - they were extortionate! Most meal menus were prices at about £80 per person and drinks and snacks were equally as expensive (other guests felt the same). I think a lot of people probably ate elsewhere - possibly the large J W Marriott hotel next door. Fortunately, we found the usual beach shacks next door and ate wonderful stir-fries and barbecued prawns there each night for roughly £15 for both of us!. There are also beach shacks the other side of the Mariott hotel.
There is a small modern shopping mall next door and a mini mart in the basement so that you can buy drinks, wine, etc at reasonable prices. This is an isolated resort although there are signs of development happening behind the trees further along the beach.
Be aware that on arrival, you will be asked to give your credit card details so that 1,000Bt (£100) could be credited against it for each day - if you didn't use it up they said it would be credited back to your account within 2-3 weeks! As we didn't intend using the spa or eating/drinking there after the first day, we declined and paid cash. We have had problems in the past in Thailand where a sum is taken from your account on arrival and it was difficult to get it returned.
We also felt that it was possibly an unsuitable resort for children although there were plenty there! The pools in the villas are deep and the children do inevitably disrupt breakfast - a shame. It would also be noisy if a family with children were in the next door villa and you wanted a quiet afternoon in yours!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away in the charming tropical beauty of Thailand's premier island destination, Anantara Phuket Villas provides a luxurious refuge that opens out onto unspoiled panoramas. Awake to the sight of virgin sands backed by the lush vegetation of Sirinath National Park. Trek through the dense jungle by elephant to discover untouched island wonders. Relax in your private pool villa surrounded by the finest materials and design. Our Phuket resort puts the upmost emphasis on designer relaxation and guests' privacy, with 91 private Phuket pool villas scattered harmoniously across a prime stretch of Mai Khao Beach. Complimenting our luxury resort's tropically inviting accommodation is a host of services and facilities of the highest standard, including premium restaurants, bars and leisure facilities. Anantara Phuket's glorious contemporary design is inspired by a location that offers an array of activities, from diving in pristine waters to learning the ancient art of Thai cookery. The full delights of Anantara Phuket Villas are ready for you to enjoy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Anantara Mai Khao Phuket Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Phuket Villas Hotel Mai Khao
- Anantara Hotel Mai Khao
- Anantara Hotel Phuket
- Anantara Mai Khao Phuket Villas