- Very different kind of luxury. Most of the typical "luxury" hotels follow same stereotype of the artificial “poshness”. Excessive decor, fancy for the sake of fancy, blah-blah-blah. Maybe some people like it but I find it boring and uncomfortable. Anantara somehow feels very cosy, unobtrusive, tranquil, featuring very own style.
- This is not a hotel with nice spots of greenery, it is a hotel _inside_ beautiful landscape garden. Army of staff keeps working round the clock maintaining its pristine sate.
- Staff is mostly great, some of them just good. Never had any major reasons to complain.
- Not crowded at all. I was staying at the end of October and it never felt busy, neither by the pool nor at the restaurants or around the beach.
Not so great
- Staff rides those electric club cars from very early morning. Those are noisy enough to wake you up.
- Obviously the beach is some kind of national reserve and no one can build anything on it, but having an alley along the edge of the hotel with few benches to enjoy watching that big red burning ball of light going down into the sea, that would be great.
- Anantara Vacation Club. Avoid at any cost. Sales presentation is not only a waste of time but also would not pass typical European consumer sales regulations. I.e. "best offer if you buy today only", "we cannot show you a legal contract wording if you are not serious about joining".
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away in the charming tropical beauty of Thailand's premier island destination, Anantara Phuket Villas provides a luxurious refuge that opens out onto unspoiled panoramas. Awake to the sight of virgin sands backed by the lush vegetation of Sirinath National Park. Trek through the dense jungle by elephant to discover untouched island wonders. Relax in your private pool villa surrounded by the finest materials and design. Our Phuket resort puts the upmost emphasis on designer relaxation and guests' privacy, with 91 private Phuket pool villas scattered harmoniously across a prime stretch of Mai Khao Beach. Complimenting our luxury resort's tropically inviting accommodation is a host of services and facilities of the highest standard, including premium restaurants, bars and leisure facilities. Anantara Phuket's glorious contemporary design is inspired by a location that offers an array of activities, from diving in pristine waters to learning the ancient art of Thai cookery. The full delights of Anantara Phuket Villas are ready for you to enjoy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Anantara Mai Khao Phuket Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Phuket Villas Hotel Mai Khao
- Anantara Hotel Mai Khao
- Anantara Hotel Phuket
- Anantara Mai Khao Phuket Villas