“One of the best”

Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Mai Khao
Bielsk Podlaski, Poland
“One of the best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

The site is surrounded by greenery and its beautiful well maintained. The villas are spacious and the beautiful Thai style is very chic and refined. We stayed in room pool villa (No. 24). They are located at the edge of the lagoon and enjoy a relaxing private space in the lagoon! The beautiful private pool and all the space outside the villa (rest room, mini bar,). The service is excellent and the entire staff is unheard of kindness! Breakfast just one word: happiness! As well as the delicious dishes Offered by the Fire and Sea Salt. The beach is beautiful and is located in a quiet area. For a luxurious and relaxing stay at Anantara Phuket Villas is ideal!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Carrie S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

Perfect in every way! We loved our room very private room that backed to the lagoon. We took long afternoon naps in the pool cabana and ate amazing food. The only day we left our Villa was for the superb scuba diving arranged by the hotel. We still talk about how this was our favorite holiday and can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: A room that backs to the lagoon. Very private!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

I had a chance to try the signature restaurant called "Sea Fire Salt" restaurant. They said it s the must to visit. So I give it a try. Since I ve been there, I am sure that I made the right decision. The restaurants located near the beach. You can sit indoor and outdoor. I decided to sit outside. The restaurant atmosphere is great. The staffs are professional and helpful. Even the restaurant is quite full. But the staffs always walk around and check on guest feedback. They are very proactive and have a good product knowledge to recommend the menu including the promotion of the day. With departure, they offer me the buggy to send me to the Hotel's lobby without asking. I found it very impressive. While I were waiting for the buggy, the staffs came to check few times and apology on waiting which I make me feel that they care about the guests.

Next day I came to have a dinner at "La Sala" restaurant as I've been approached by the hostess on the night before. She recommended me to come back to visit the restaurant and inform me the promotion on the next day. The restaurant atmosphere is fantastic. I sit inside and try the Italian set menu. The food taste is so good. The price is reasonable with the quality of food and services. I'm sure the staffs have been trained well as they are very professional, helpful and proactive.

This is very great dinging experiences and I'm sure that I ll come back again and don't hesitate to recommend friends to visit.

Stayed October 2556
1 Thank nungningnarak
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

My husband and I loved this hotel! From the moment we were picked up at the airport until we checked out everything was perfect! We loved our villa and the feeling like we were really in nature but just a few short steps away was the beach. The food was delicious! We also really enjoyed the couples massage! The only downfall is this hotel is really in the middle of nowhere. We were a little disappointed that there weren't many restaurants to eat at outside of the hotel and we didn't love the Marriott restaurants next door. However, since this was the first part of our trip we didn't mind relaxing and the tranquility. This hotel is as good as a Four Seasons and I highly recommend it for couples. I don't think this is a place for children.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lauren g
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

Since the arrival until the departure, people were so kind, accomodations are just perfection; the 3 restaurants offer a variety of delicious food. Enjoy your time having a breakfest at Sala restaurant; Mou is lovely, and if you're a lucky guy, Prae will cook you a goodbye pankake!!!
Spend some time chating with Cookie at the reception and laughing with Cherry, just cause life's good! Ding will make you feel so confortable that the swimming pool becomes a detail. Unforgetable experience!

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank ValterAguiar
Kolkata
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

I had stayed at this resort along with my wife and two sons. The property was excellent and the rooms were really beautiful leading into a plunge pool within the room boundary itself. The service was also excellent. The breakfast spread was extensive and me and my family had a wonderful time during our stay. We also enjoyed the main hotel pool immensely although the beach was a little rocky.
My only and biggest complaint with the resort is that there is a table for an Anantara Club in the reception area itself which you pass on your way to the restaurants or on your way out of the resort and each time you pass the area, the sales lady for the club intrudes asking you to become a member of the club. After the initial few times, it became a major irritant. I would have given the hotel a higher rating if not for this irritant which completely spoilt my mood each time I passed the reception area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Tulsiyan
Carouge, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

Returning to the same hotel was something I always said I would never do. After all the world is a very big place. Yet we returned to Anantara Phuket Villas for the second year running. I wrote a very complimentary review last year and I have to do the same again this year. Here's why:
- The location is great if you're looking for peace and tranquility. Only 20 minutes from the airport and away from the hustle and bustle of Phuket city, which is about 45 minutes by taxi.
- The food was very good and personally I don't think it is too expensive when you consider that there is not much competition nearby.
- The bars and restaurants never really got busy during our stay. We never had to wait for service.
- The private villas are well appointed with just about every convenience you could wish for.
- The spa was a wonderful experience. So professionally managed. I had a two hour Thai massage. I don't mind admitting that the little Thai lady made me suffer, but later that day I felt brilliant.
- The staff! Again this year they made us feel special. They go out of their way to make sure that the guests are fully satisfied. The fact that we saw many of the same staff again this year proves that they too are happy here. Special thanks must again go to Samorn, Mod, Pui and the new manager Christian who cannot possibly keep up his current pace and work load, although I'm sure he'll try! There are many other members of staff, but we can't remember their names.

I'm pleased to say that last years worries about the Anantara vacation club spoiling this place were completely unfounded. We hardly noticed the new club across the road.

My only (very slight) negative is that the villas are beginning to show their age if you look closely. It's not a real concern, but the management need to start a renovation program now to ensure it doesn't become a problem later.
Also, we stayed one week and found that the pool could have done with a clean due to the amount of vegetation that fell in from the surrounding area. I'm sure we could have asked for this, but I'm British and I just make do!

This place must be good. I'm writing this review before I've even checked out. Surely no better compliment?
Last year I said we would probably return again, and this year I have to say the same.

Room Tip: Some guests bring children that could disturb your peace. We didn't have a problem, but look out...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa
Trisara Phuket
Trisara Phuket
#2 of 95 in Thalang District

Been to Anantara Mai Khao Phuket Villas? Share your experiences!