“Luxurious two bedroom pool villa, great for kids”

Anantara Mai Khao Phuket Villas
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Mai Khao
Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

This review is for the vacation club, not the normal resort.

The room was huge and provided lots of space for our toddler to run around. The pool had a shallow end and a deep end, so it catered to everyone. The kitchen was fully equipped, but we never used it. I imagine it would have been great for longer stays. We ordered room service almost every night and loved it. Cheap, delicious food served in the comfort of our villa. We spent most of the time in our own pool, as there was a bit of construction near the outdoor pool and my girl prefers pools to the beach!

The kids club was well equipped for the toddler set. The nannies were excellent and enthusiastic. My toddler loved spending time with them. There were also video games there for older children.

Overall a fun and relaxing stay.

• Stayed: May 2013
There are newer reviews for Anantara Mai Khao Phuket Villas

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Had a long weekend stay in Anantara resort in Phuket. The pool villa is very nice, well decorated and very romantic.
Staff are nice and pleasant. We had a seafood dinner at their Sea, Salt and Fire and it was delicious and fresh.
The only complain is, the massage and spa treatments are four times the normal price!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 18, 2013

we stayed at this property for two nights in last october. this is a all villa property. every villa has a private pool. which is big enough for a couple or a small family to have fun. the villa has a very big bed room with queens bed, a dressing room and a huge toilet and bath area and a 'sala' which means an outside sitting area with bar. the services are extra ordinary, the breakfast was awesome. the private beach, pool on the beach, the temple everything is as good as dream!!! it is a must stay.

Room Tip: every villa is as good as other.so pick any!!!!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We went with our 4-year-old daughter and spent 2 nights in Anantara. On the 2nd day both my husband and I had diarrhea, probably due to too much seafood, durian, etc. at Patong. Coincidentally we met Mr. Christian, the no.2 of the resort (we asked about his name and title at the reception at the end of the stay) during lunch and told him of our body condition. Actually we met him upon check-in, breakfast time and then lunch. He is absolutely friendly and diligent. Later in the afternoon the guest services team called in the room and asked about our status and dinner plan. Soon they surprisingly sent in 3 bowls of congee and hot tea and a card. During check-out, the receptionists asked if we felt any better once we told them of our villa no. Though it was not a pleasant journey for us because of the diarrhea and the rainy season, we were very much impressed by the service and care of the staff! We hope to stay there again and meet Mr. Christian as well as the sunshine next time!

Room Tip: The pool villa is great!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 16, 2013

This is our first trip to Thailand, we wanted a short break from our daily life and Anantara phuket villia turns out to be an excellent choice. We both felt refreshed when leaving the place

We were in villa number 3 , excellent location, very close to the beach and main pool. The villa is in fine condition. Thanks to the housekeeping staff it is kept clean and dust-free in the indoor area. Outdoor bathtub is nice, we enjoyed more than we thought, especially with the rose pedal at night.

We went to a local restaurant for our first night dinner. Kin Dee; The food was great, we ordered several traditional Thai dishes like Ton Num Gong and soft shelled crab. I especially enjoyed their fried rice.

Breakfast time in Anantara is the best, plenty of choices in food and beverages. Their fresh juices are wonderful. It must just be the best egg benedict I have ever tried. It ‘s a great way to start your day. If you are staying, don’t miss out the breakfast.

It is rainy season in Thai this time of year, there are rain showers constantly. However, in our 3D2N in the resort, we managed to get two hours of sunshine and enjoyed the main pool area and made our swimsuits useful.

In my opinion, The resort is even more romantic in rainy day since there are lots of greens and lakes in the area, we enjoyed the fresh air and did quite a bit of stroll in the resort.

We also went to the tree bar, lovely place overlooking the resort. Regrettably, due to the rain we were unable to see the sunset.

During our stay there is an opening in the resort just cross the street- Anantara vacation club, we were invited to join their tour, in return we got one free spa session. The spa is a little overpriced for us so it is wonderful to be able to get a free session.
Spa is so good that I fell in sleep; my girlfriend seems to have enjoyed it very much too.

We would like to express our gratitude to Justin, the Chef, for bringing us such a delicious handmade chocolate cake. We loved it.

Overall, we have had wonderful time in Anantara Villa and are sure will be back next time we go to Phuket.

Recommend for all the couples who love privacy.

Room Tip: Room 2-10 is wonderful, the beach is just on our back Bring your iphone charger, there is a ipod...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank IsaacSiu
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I rarely want to go back to a hotel (I like to try new things) but for Anantara Phuket Villas, I'd want to go back! It was absolutely heaven! The villas were perfectly designed. The surroundings beautiful. The staff friendly and helpful. Breakfast delicious. Everything you want in a resort you will have in Anantara.

Let me try to find some cons...I thought the villas were a bit too close together. I only noticed this because on 2 nights I heard my neighbors party by the pool and played loud music. On the second night I phoned in reception about the noise, and the staff took care of it and even made a follow up calls with me. Also there are no beach activities. Well, I'm not a beach person so that's fine by me. The public pool is so wonderful I don't need a beach.

Room Tip: Villa #15 is a perfect distance from the breakfast area and the pool.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Booked the Anantara resort as our first choice hotel “Mom Tri Villa Royale Hotel” recommended by a fellow Tripadvisor Member was fully booked.
I am so glad we chose this property.
All has been written about it in previous reviews. The room has a fairly sized private pool, the villas are set in lush gardens. The hotel is away from the hustle and bustle (and the seediness) of some areas of Phukhet and the beach is large and well kept by the staff. Being away also means that there is not much choice as far as restaurants in the area, so if you stay for a long period it might be getting boring and you might want to rent a car and explore elsewhere for dinner.
My comparison in Pukhet is the Trisara, where I stayed about 3 years ago. The Trisara’s villas are on the top of a hill so they have a view which this property does not enjoy, but the rooms and pools are definitely smaller. Both properties are beautiful but I preferred this one.
Maybe we have been lucky but the service has been good overall. Maybe the presentation on in villa dining could improve, it was not 5 star in my opinion.
I will get back to this hotel because it really is lovely. A thing that is overrated is their Sea-Fire-Salt Restaurant. It was good, but nothing to rave about and quite expensive as well.
However the property, the villa, the ambience, the staff have given us a wonderful couple vacation which we will remember for quite a while.

Room Tip: We had 72 and it looked better located than others. it was close to everything (beach, main pool, re...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
The Chava Resort
The Chava Resort
#1 of 36 in Choeng Thale
JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa

Been to Anantara Mai Khao Phuket Villas? Share your experiences!