First impressions were tarnished by a stupid mistake on the hotels part. Arriving in Phuket we had arranged the limousine service to pick us up from the airport which did not arrive. After spending an hour plus we asked for help from the resident Anantara Vacation Club rep at airport. She would only arrange a taxi for us if we agreed to sign up to go to one of their sales presentations. Grudgingly we did and they eventually paid for our taxi to the hotel. Once we arrived, front of house staff admitted to their fault quickly and offered their apologies alongside a complimentary limo departure. We were taken to our lagoon pool villa which looked amazing. These villas are very private and are a good size, also the surronding lagoon and wildlife makes you feel like you are in a wildlife park to an extent. However, after a few days we began to notice a few minor cosmetic faults. There were quite a few missing tiles in the pool and the pool lights weren't working properly.The air conditioning also started making a rather loud noise, they were very quick to rectify this issue though. The room itself was lovely with a very comfortable bed however if you are planning to watch dvds/tv on holiday the television is very far away from the bed and in turn looks very small. The bathroom was very nice and clean and both the indoor and outdoor showers were heavenly to use. One thing that came with a lagoon pool villa was an anatara senses bath. I don't know what senses they were trying to stimulate but they are missing the ball, all it consists of is lukewarm water with a handful of petals thrown in with a couple of tealights at either side of the bath, whole experience a bit lacklustre.Housekeeping seemed slow, and came very late in the day. We were also left one day with no towels. Seems trivial but when you pay these types of prices I don't expect to have to phone for a towel. Breakfast was one of the better I have had in a hotel, massive amount to choose from and great surroundings to enjoy. Make use of the spa, treatments were lovely and the staff very attentive. The main pool is lovely and the bar serves very delicious smoothies. It isn't well used so plenty of space, was a nice change from our villa pool. Hotel is aimed at couples, I think kids would get bored very quickly as there are no activities for them on offer. Cocktail hour in the tree house wasn't advertised well but is worth a visit for the view alone. Room service was also very nice with a large menu. Beach outside is lovely and deserted most of the time, stunning. In all Anantara Phuket is a very nice hotel with beautiful surroundings, I just felt it was lacking something in comparison to the other anantara resort (Lawana in Samui) I have stayed at. Probably won't stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away in the charming tropical beauty of Thailand's premier island destination, Anantara Phuket Villas provides a luxurious refuge that opens out onto unspoiled panoramas. Awake to the sight of virgin sands backed by the lush vegetation of Sirinath National Park. Trek through the dense jungle by elephant to discover untouched island wonders. Relax in your private pool villa surrounded by the finest materials and design. Our Phuket resort puts the upmost emphasis on designer relaxation and guests' privacy, with 91 private Phuket pool villas scattered harmoniously across a prime stretch of Mai Khao Beach. Complimenting our luxury resort's tropically inviting accommodation is a host of services and facilities of the highest standard, including premium restaurants, bars and leisure facilities. Anantara Phuket's glorious contemporary design is inspired by a location that offers an array of activities, from diving in pristine waters to learning the ancient art of Thai cookery. The full delights of Anantara Phuket Villas are ready for you to enjoy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotwire, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Anantara Mai Khao Phuket Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Phuket Villas Hotel Mai Khao
- Anantara Hotel Mai Khao
- Anantara Hotel Phuket
- Anantara Mai Khao Phuket Villas