No doubt, it’s a very beautiful place if you’re looking for a beach location far away from the overexploited bustle down south. Our villa, nr 81 had the perfect location with a short stroll to the beach, pool, gym and on-site restaurants. Lovely interiors in typical Thai style, with direct access to the blue, mosaic tiled pool and outdoor bathtub.
The villa and large deck area is built on stilts and fenced in by wood, ensuring total privacy from the surrounding gardens and other villas. So far so good…the Atantara name gave a good first impression but then start the hitches…
Beware of the Anantara Vacation Club 2 hour experience! As soon as you arrive you’ll be approached by sales people inviting you to the 2 hr. meeting for which you’ll receive a generous 6000 baht. If you’ve been through other direct selling pitches i.e. Amway, ACN, Forever Living you’ll recognize the tactics - smooth talkers selling you the ultimate vacation dream - signed, sealed and delivered on spot. If you’ve got a brain and a genuine interest to understand the concept and possible investment don’t bother - you’re not meant to. For $155 000 you sign away 27 future holiday years to the Anantara club, stating your loyalty and receiving brand exclusivity and 5 star access everywhere and anywhere (within the concept) in the world in return. Oh and don’t forget the extras - yearly administrative fees of approx. $2800. Why oh why do they use the Anantara brand name for this????????
Given the staff’s never ending enquiries to our well being (are you enjoying breakfast, is your dinner good etc…ect .) there’s definitely enough will power but obviously not enough know how ? Forgotten items on the room service tray, non-synched house keeping (we left the villa at 7.20 am only to return at 4.30 pm to find our cleaner in action), non–functional in villa coffee maker (it took 4 days and 2 exchanges to get one that worked), confusion regarding our pre-paid transfer and the list goes on. Just too many hitches for our 5 star expectations – and surprisingly enough, despite our 6 night stay, there were no enquiries as to hear our feedback except from the very nice, newly employed food and beverage manager (a star)!
The staff was generally wonderful and responsive any time we asked for something (accommodated late check out etc.) but it’s reactive service – not pro-active. Food and beverages were in comparison, extremely pricey but also of high quality. Time will tell how the Anatantara hotel brand withstands the effects of the Vacation Club rampage. We’ll be experiencing neither.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away in the charming tropical beauty of Thailand's premier island destination, Anantara Phuket Villas provides a luxurious refuge that opens out onto unspoiled panoramas. Awake to the sight of virgin sands backed by the lush vegetation of Sirinath National Park. Trek through the dense jungle by elephant to discover untouched island wonders. Relax in your private pool villa surrounded by the finest materials and design. Our Phuket resort puts the upmost emphasis on designer relaxation and guests' privacy, with 91 private Phuket pool villas scattered harmoniously across a prime stretch of Mai Khao Beach. Complimenting our luxury resort's tropically inviting accommodation is a host of services and facilities of the highest standard, including premium restaurants, bars and leisure facilities. Anantara Phuket's glorious contemporary design is inspired by a location that offers an array of activities, from diving in pristine waters to learning the ancient art of Thai cookery. The full delights of Anantara Phuket Villas are ready for you to enjoy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Anantara Mai Khao Phuket Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Phuket Villas Hotel Mai Khao
- Anantara Hotel Mai Khao
- Anantara Hotel Phuket
- Anantara Mai Khao Phuket Villas