We found Anantara via JetSetter and trust all the properties recommended by JetSetter. Anantara was no exception. After reading a few of the negative reviews here, i was not worried about leaves in our pool, sand not so white, or a long walk to the beach from the villa.
Arrival: We arrived at the property at 1:00 AM after 20+ hours of travel from California. We were greeted with a smile and cold towels and taken direct to our villa. There was no hint of miscommunication or anything negative from the reception staff, quite the opposite. Our introduction to the Thai people was warm and inviting. They are AMAZING.
Villa: Absolutely spacious and off the charts. Huge grounds with a deep pool. Wonderful lighting accents outside and inside. The outside sitting area had a ceiling fan, doors lead out to our over the lagoon "sala". The sala had a fan and lighting as well. The lagoon was a wonderful place to hang out and relax, take morning coffee, watch the white ducks, it was private as well, as we must have been the only couple using their Sala. The room was well appointed with lotions, shampoo and conditioner, candles, rose peddles to pour in the outside bath tub. Clean wood floors, super cozy bed. Treats were supplied day and night, fruit, tea, sweets. We loved taking our morning coffee using the coffee machine. Open huge sliding doors in the main room and jump in the pool. Open the huge sliding doors in the bathroom and jump in the pool. We showered outside every day in our private outdoor shower. Those that complained about having to walk outside to get to the mini bar??? Seriously??? The rooms were just fantastic, one of the best rooms i have been in. I have been to One and Only properties world wide, I have been in Aman properties worldwide, i have been in Banyan Tree Properties world wide, Anantara Phuket takes the prize hands down.
Staff: Amazing. I can't stress the importance of service in any industry. Where have you been that you remember all the staff that served you? Ding, Pom, Mai, JiJi, Mun at the infinity bar. These people took care of us better then family. We did not have to request our pool location on day 2, it was laid out and ready for us, same with the remainder of the trip. If i sat up and looked like i needed anything, the staff was there to ask. I recall rolling up my shirt and putting it under my girlfriends head...i minute later Ding was there with 2 more towels rolled up as head rests. They would go into the surrounding foliage and pick leaves, boil them and create a sweet native drinks for us, served all day long. They set up lunch for us in over stuffed chairs, i wanted items that were not on the lunch menu, NO PROBLEM, red curry was gladly brought out to me. Gag, Bowl and the rest of the staff in the Tree house had a space reserved for us every sunset. We sat and watched the clouds roll by while drinking a bottle of wine and eating tapas, our glasses topped before i could think that i needed more. The staff at breakfast was more of the same, teaching us Thai phrases, knowing how we take our coffee, insisting on bringing us special dishes not in on the menu.
Food: No doubt you read other reviews of the breakfast. it was wonderful. A wide variety of dishes, pastries and local treats. Young coconuts topped off ready for drinking, fresh juices, cheese, meats, eggs to order, fantastic European coffee, asian style foods. In 7 days we did not get bored! Sea, Fire, Salt was just OK. We had an average dinners there, the location and view were fantastic. In room dining was wonderful, tasty thai brought hot and fresh to your room in about 45 minutes. We did not eat at the other restaurant for dinner, but did have nice tapas at the tree house as previously noted.
Spa: The same over the top treatment and wonderful service. We had 2 days of treatments during our stay. Both in couples rooms. An avocado wrap followed by a swedish massage, then the a herbal bag filled with sand and heated was used to massage us on the second day. The setting and the rooms were fantastic and the price is what i would expect to pay for the location and service.
Special: Justin Pitt is one of the executive managers at the location. I was fortunate enough to begin correspondance with him prior to our stay. My intention was to make my stay very special as i was to ask my girl to marry me. Justin was truly amazing. He helped me arrange for an in villa dinner, and personally visited to be sure the staff set up properly. This was so wonderful, a custom prepared meal in our lagoon Sala decorated with flowers and candles. Justin was available to meet with us anytime we requested. He arranged for an speed boat tour of the surrounding islands, us and another couple from the property. We just had to sit back and relax and we were taken care of. Justin must have made the entire staff aware of our special trip as the pool staff made special mention of our engagement, the breakfast staff knew, the restaurants were aware as well. When we retured home to California, there was an email from Justin saying goodbye as he was out the day we checked out... amazing service!
I could go on forever, the bottom line is that our experience was perfect. It could not have been better from top to bottom. If you see a negative review here regarding this property, consider the source! Regarding this or that being pricy...yes...it is pricy, what are there people expecting??? Go to the holiday inn if you are worried about price.
Parting: As we left, Ding was waiting for us, he must have left his house early to make it to the hotel before we departed. He presented us with 2 braided bracelets, very special symbols. He said that our happiness is his happiness. This sums up the wonder of our trip and this amazing location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away in the charming tropical beauty of Thailand's premier island destination, Anantara Phuket Villas provides a luxurious refuge that opens out onto unspoiled panoramas. Awake to the sight of virgin sands backed by the lush vegetation of Sirinath National Park. Trek through the dense jungle by elephant to discover untouched island wonders. Relax in your private pool villa surrounded by the finest materials and design. Our Phuket resort puts the upmost emphasis on designer relaxation and guests' privacy, with 91 private Phuket pool villas scattered harmoniously across a prime stretch of Mai Khao Beach. Complimenting our luxury resort's tropically inviting accommodation is a host of services and facilities of the highest standard, including premium restaurants, bars and leisure facilities. Anantara Phuket's glorious contemporary design is inspired by a location that offers an array of activities, from diving in pristine waters to learning the ancient art of Thai cookery. The full delights of Anantara Phuket Villas are ready for you to enjoy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia and Jetsetter so you can book your Anantara Mai Khao Phuket Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Phuket Villas Hotel Mai Khao
- Anantara Hotel Mai Khao
- Anantara Hotel Phuket
- Anantara Mai Khao Phuket Villas