L'Hirondelle du Lac
Le Bellerive(Peyrat-le-Chateau)
TripAdvisor
La Maison du Marchand(Peyrat-le-Chateau)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsevery morningthe lake view roomslarge bathroomwalk in showerhostsfrancerelaxation
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I recently stayed at this very friendly B&B (Feb 2013). The welcome i received was great and both Christopher and Frankie were excellent hosts. The evening meal was second to none and the offers of tea or coffee when ever I returned from being out was always welcome. The bedroom i stayed in was great an would have had a wonderful view of the lake apart from it having been drained for work to be done this year but having said that views of the mountains were still fantastic (when i saw them when it was not snowing!). 10/10 for the stay, the food an the surroundings. I will stay there again without hesitation.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank robert k
FIREWORK87, Propriétaire at L'Hirondelle du Lac, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Dear Robert, thanks for your kind words & we look forward to your return & that you find your dream house in this beautiful part of France

Reviewed August 31, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at L'Hirondelle du Lac while driving through France. We had never been to this region before and we were very impressed with the countryside as well as with this lovely guest house. We received a very warm welcome from Christopher and Frankie and were immediately charmed by the building and its contents - and its stunning view of the lake. Our room was very comfortable and quiet and the breakfast in the morning, served in the sunshine on the terrace right next to the lake, was very memorable. The peacefulness and the tranquility was a real tonic and the hosts were great...This is a wonderful place to stay and we hope to return to explore the area and enjoy another, longer stay at L'Hirondelle du Lac.

Room Tip: If you had a choice, you probably would go for a room with a lake view because it's so beautiful. However, we had a room with a view of the village street and had absolutely no complaints. It was very quiet and comfortable.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BubblyJubbly
Reviewed June 30, 2012

It is very beautiful place to relaks! Christopher and Frankie are VERY nice host! We didn t expect such a good stay with such a good company! The dinner was incredible good! The view excellent!
It is a perfect place for romantic stay.
Thank you again F. and Ch. :D
I hope one day to have one more reason to come back and visit you again!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Having travelled extensively over the years with the family and singly, I would be hard pressed to find anywhere so idyllic as L'Hirondelle du Lac. From the en suite rooms with their village or lake views, the superb friendly service from Frankie and Christopher, through to the Mountains and Dams being on the doorstep, my break away from the stresses of life lived up to everything I could have hoped for. From the first welcome to the last goodbye it was obvious that both hosts truly love what they do in such beautiful surroundings. I was looking in the area to buy a property and Frankie's help in this was second to none. It won't be long before I will call on them again to stay and I can only hope those intervening days go quickly.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank John A
Reviewed June 17, 2012

Four of us visited L'Hirondelle du Lac for a week and I can only wholeheartedly agree with all the previous reviews. What an excellent , relaxing week we had despite the rain early on in the week - well , in some ways the rain made it even more magical when you see the clouds and mist on the hills behind the lake. We each had a lake view and I think the other guests were slightly envious although we did rub this in a bit (!)- but this is certainly the charm of the place you can be yourself and feel as if you are staying with friends - guests & hosts alike. Like fellow guests we peeked into the rooms overlooking the street and they are just as charming. However nothing will surpass the view of the lake for me - morning , noon and night and the peace and quiet was lovely.We cannot praise Frankie and Christopher highly enough - they are helpful , kind and know how to enjoy themselves ...our highlights include them joining us for aperitifs and sharing their knowledge of the region , cooking us wonderful food , waking to the smell of warm croissants every morning ,Frankie explaining each dish that Chris cooked in whatever language his guests required - Spanish & English for our week,sitting on the terrace for breakfast and dinner when the sun did shine, and even them changing their plans to ensure we had our final meal of the week at L'Hirondelle. You would find it hard to beat this for value for money and sheer fun , there was much laughter during the week. The area is lovely for walking and driviing. The local bar in the village was great for passing the afternoon away watching the world go by and the pizzeria was very hospitable for the nights that we ate out , again excellent value and good food also.

Room Tip: Lake views you cannot beat
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends