Having traveled to several countries and lived in some of the Top hotels of the world, we have become a little picky and expect everything to be perfect. Here is our experience at this new Taj property in Bekal. We went there to celebrate my hubby's birthday and stayed in their Premium Temptation Villa which is the highest category of villa they have and yet not opened for the guests to book online. Some things were great and some things not-so-much. Whenever we expressed our concern, it was fixed. But being luxury travel connoisseur, we believe that we should not have to express our concern to get it fixed. It should be perfect from the beginning. However, we think it was a great property overall. If they fix just a few minor things and add more restaurants, it could be one of the top hotels in the country.
1. Beautiful location - The hotel is situated around a river flowing into the sea. It looks so pristine and surreal.
2. Beautiful property - The property is a fusion of Kerala house-boat structure with a touch of Balinese arts and sculptures. Very warm and welcoming.
3. Everyone in the staff was extremely polite and had a ready-to-help attitude.
4. The food was great, especially for seafood lovers. They go out of their way and give you complimentary tasting of some special out of the menu food.
The Okay parts:
We took an airport cab (Tata Indigo) to get to the hotel and it was a super bumpy ride. On the way back, we took the hotel's car - slightly better experience but without any music! The chauffer told us that the music system is not working and had gone for repair. They should have mentioned this when we booked the car. We don't expect paying Taj premium and have no entertainment for 2 hours! However, they were extremely kind to pack delicious kathi rolls and sandwich for our lunch - a very nice touch.
1. There was no Full length mirror in our villa. For 4 days we were there.. we didn't see ourselves fully. Quite surprising for Taj. So, please add one in every room/villa.
2. There was no Magnifying glass - A big problem when my hubby had to shave and I had to do my makeup.
3. One soap for 2 basins - unhygienic. You should have two soaps for two sinks.
4. When we arrived, our private pool had 4 earth-worms and 1 big grasshopper dead in the pool. When we called for someone to clean the pool, the pool cleaner came to our pool area from outside without informing us that he would be doing so. That was a big privacy concern as we had kept all our curtains open.
5. When there was no electricity, water pressure in the shower went away and there was no emergency light in the room and it became completely dark. UPS need to be installed in each room.
6. The way these bigger villas are designed, one can't enter the bathroom directly after dipping in the pool. Hence, after coming from the pool, you have to walk through the bedroom to go in the bathroom, making everything wet. Need to keep a drying mat at the bedroom-pool entrance.
7. The carpet below the bed smelled a lot due to moisture. Even spraying perfume didn't help. They need to be figure out what to do about that.
8. The A/C didn't work right. We set the temperature at 25 degrees at night as we very cold at night. The next morning when we got up, the A/C was cooling even more and the room temperature dropped to 22 degrees. So, we had to turn of the A/C. When we turned it off, the carpet started smelling a lot more.
1. We were shown two locations in the afternoon and we picked our favorite for our private dinner. But when we came for our dinner, we found 10 people dinner arranged very close to ours as it was closer for the kitchen to serve dinners for both the parties. Obviously, it was no longer "private dinner". We complained and their table was moved and we got the private dinner. We shouldn't have to ask for it.
2. While discussing the dinner menu, the Executive Chef told us a 4 course menu starting with a salad. It was not served. We didn't bother to ask then as we liked what we had and we didn't want to keep complaining the entire night.
3. We particularly asked the chef no potatoes in our food. For the vegetarian course, we got potato and pea curry which we obviously sent back.
4. When our bill came, it was slightly more than what was quoted while booking the dinner. When we mentioned this to the front desk manager and he was kind enough to take out the extra. Again, we had to mention it.
While ordering breakfast, we asked for continental breakfast which included eggs, danish pastries, tea or coffee. The room service person told us the menu has changed. No egg is included, you don't get any breakfast rolls. Anyways, we got so annoyed that we told them to send whatever we are ordering and charge extra if they need to. Our food arrived on time and the server said that the food will be on the house because of all the confusion. Well we got the new menus and we found that the new menu had only the name switched between continental and european and the price was the same for both. If it was me, I would have taken the order and understood what the guest was trying to order as everything was the same price anyways. Again, the hotel fixed the problem/confusion.
We tried the archery the day we were leaving. The dart quality needs to be improved. It looks very low quality and the arrows don't really get stuck.
Overall, I would definitely recommend this property for a weekend getaway. You will get the same great Taj service and if something is not right, let them know and they will try to fix it.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, DerbySoftTaj, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz and Hotwire so you can book your Taj Bekal Resort and Spa, Kerala reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.