“Very impressed!!!!”

Ranked #8 of 30 Hotels in Playa de Muro
London
“Very impressed!!!!”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

This is my second time staying in Majorca. I hade decided to stay on the north rather than the south.

The north of the island is just as beautiful. The transfer time to the hotel was 2 hours. The service of the hotel I have to say was amazing. We had arrived very late at night. The man at reception was very pleasant. He handed us a bottle of water and gave us an option for a few light snacks they had available, which was unexpected but nice especially as it was 12:30 at night.

The rooms are basic, there clean and adequate. I had an all inclusive, and I have to say the food was actually fantastic, they had really good choice of foods. A great vegetarian option, and the choice was different everyday. The hotel is right on the beach which is fantastic, and its actually a really lovely beach.

The only down side of the hotel was that they didn't really advertise any services that were available from there hotel for example car hire, we literally spent the morning shopping around for a good price to hire a car. When we got back to the hotel and asked they actually offered car hire at a great rate.

They also didn't offer and excursions or trips. Which is a first every holiday destination I have been to always offer excursions or trips, so that was bit of a shame.

Apart from that I would definitely go back, and I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to have a really relaxing and lazy time.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Rahana B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Worcestershire
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I have recently returned from a lovely 5 day stay at the iberostar alcudia park. We booked on the Monday evening and flew at 6 the following morning. On line a sea view was going to cost over £100 but we upgraded when arriving for 50 euro. It was out of season though.

Transfer time
took about two hours. We first had drops in peurto pollensa and alcudia - we were the last drop, we had good flight times so wasnt a problem.

The area..
This hotel is one of three iberostars in playa de muro (the middle one). The area is very flat and is a cyclists paradise. It is primarily used for max huerzeler holidays. This is a german tour operater, hence the area has many germans, french and some English. Alcudia is about an hours walk away - However we hired bikes for 6 euros each and cycled (to hire bikes -turn left out the front doors and on the opposite side of the road about 200 metres away), takes 15 minutes to cycle to alcudia, and theres a burger king on the way back if your peckish. They have cycle paths everywhere. The beach is wonderful, you pay to hire the sunbeds which was 4 euro per day each. Not a lot else to do in the area, few shops bars etc, but for me on this holiday it was fine, as thats what i needed. I just wanted to read my book and take a few photographs. Oh and have a few beers... Take mossie spray for evening as theres marshland behind the hotel. I got litten twice and i never have mossie bites.

The Hotel

The hotel was lovely, rooms are in need of updating, but the room was cleaned by the maid everyday. the whole hotel was clean and tidy - If its fancy your after tho, this isnt it. Theres Only one bar open which served the main room and the bar and the alacarte restaurant (the alacart restauarant is part of the bar). It Was lovely and relaxing having a beer or two watching the cyclists, people watching or reading a book. My only gripe was the pool bar was closed throughout the holiday (which meant if you wanted a drink whilst sitting at the pool - you had to go to the other side of the hotel, also no background music by the pool area ( i dont like loud music but i do like a bit of atmostphere whilst looking at the gorgeous beach) AIl inclusive was good, included every drink we asked for - Even 43? which i love whilst in spain.

Pretty average, load salad and fruit (ok for me as i dont eat a great deal of meat). Breakfast was brilliant (was a bit confused with the carrots, green beans and chips, but didnt effect me) The gent doing the fried eggs was very hospitable, flipped my 2 eggs every morning. Wine beer water and juice all on draft for you to help yourself too.

Pool was too cold for us but did see a few brave toddlers in. Has a small indoor pool too. Didnt see ifany towels were provided by hotel for beach or pool, but i did see people with towels so possibly from the spa.

FINALLY, the staff - all the staff were very good. But venessa ithink she said was brilliant - she is a great assett to the hotel. Also, all the management said ola every time we saw them. The receptionist (i wish i got his name) on arrival was another star First impressions. This is what makes this hotel stand out for me, and what i will remember - the lovely staff.

Oh and you can get BBC1 AND BBC2...

Thanks to all the staff who made my stay a relaxin one.... The only reason i havent scored it higher is due to the pool bar being closed as i would have liked to spent more time watching the waves in the afternoon.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Daren F
IberostarHoteles, Online Reputation Manager at IBEROSTAR Alcudia Park, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear Guest,
We want to thank you for your preference in selecting our IBEROSTAR Alcúdia Park hotel for your holidays as well as for taking the time to tell us about your stay as this will help us know how to improve our services and offer splendid holiday experiences to all our guests.

We are sorry to hear your disappointment on our beach bar being closed during your stay, however we encourage you for a future holiday with us to have a look at our website or to contact our call center for all the information you may need to organize a perfect vacation; our beach bar is open from May to September and we do provide towels to our guests for them to avoid travelling with unnecessary and cumbersome items.
On the other hand, we are very pleased to read your enthusiasm about all of our prime pillars to offer a splendid stay to our guests; service orientation and helpfulness of our staff, cleanliness of the in- and outside installations and a satisfying culinary experience are the most important elements of our company and we thank you for highlighting these aspects of your stay in your review.

We will pass on your nice comments to our staff; they will be more than pleased to know that they have contributed so much to your wellbeing during your holiday in our hotel.
We hope that you had a nice journey back home and to may welcome you again in the near future.
Friendly Regards,
Online Reputation Manager
IBEROSTAR Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Lovely, very clean hotel.Brilliant location. Lovely beach. Brilliant variety of food-I have been to many all inclusives and this was the best by far! and I am fussy and have high standards. Entertainment was the best I have had all in too. My two kids and my husband and myself had a lovely relaxing fun holiday. Book you will not regret it!:)

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank michelleporte
London
Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a week in early April to pedal myself thinner around the island.

The welcome at reception was great, with informative staff that were keen to help and even phoned the cycle hire shop I was using to check opening times. In fact all the staff were really good all week.

My room, despite being one if the lower grade rooms was big, with a useful kitchenette was perfect for my needs. The bathroom had good lighting, great shower and plenty of goodies - all of which were regularly topped up.

The food at breakfast and dinner was without fault. Plenty of choice, loads of healthy options and more happy smiley staff.

I'd happily recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed April 2013
Sheffield, UK
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I stopped for three weeks in January, with the intention of cycling. So any summer attributes to the hotel were not experienced. It was spotlessly clean. All the staff including the chamber maids were very friendly and great to talk to. It was at a time that many of the top proffessional cycling teams stay at the hotel for the winter training. Very busy with cyclists. But that suited me fine. I'm into weight training, and there was a little lacking in propper weight training equipment. But there was plenty for cycle training. The food was very good. And plenty of veriety. On occasions I found it a little too salty for me, so whenever I could I asked the cheff, to griddle me the meat dish without any salt, and was quite happy to accomodate.
Just a little gripe. A fresh orange juicer machine appeared when the local people were staying for the weekend, but when they had gone so did the machine. I've seen this sort of incidence happen at other Med hotels I've stayed in. But that was only a small gripe.
I would definitely stay there again.
For a base to use for cycling out. It is great. As you have the choice of easy flats of very demanding climbs to choose from. The top teams can't be wrong.
I paid 30 euros for 30 days of wi-fi. And it worked ok from my room everytime. This is cheaper than many I've been to, but it would be better if it was free, after all the hotel is a little more expensive that many others.

Room Tip: I had a ground floor room which was quiet. I think it was 3117. Some other rooms can be a bit to nea...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank red968
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We were a group of 10 staying last may in 3 rooms I couldn't fault my room 1104 it had a lovely side view we could see the beach and had a very quiet side street so was perfect for relaxing when sitting out. Room was spotless which the maid cleaned everyday day which was also excellent. We haven't stopped talking about the food and I get reminded when I cook that it's not as good as iderostar lol!. The kids loved the entertainment with mr smiley every night and us adults had fun too later on with the superb staff and cocktails. The beach is again fantastic very safe for the little ones so spent most mornings down there. The pool area again couldn't fault and all the staff we came in contact with we're very friendly and couldn't do enough for you. We loved it so much we are coming back for 2 weeks in may with a group of 13 this time as cant wait for 2 weeks of pampering delicious food and lovely sangria see you soon x

• Stayed May 2012
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 16, 2013

What would make this better is free wifi that worked. Dinner was way too expensive for a buffet. It should have been 1/2 the price. It was great to be so near the beach. The sign for the hotel needs to be up higher so it can be seen easier from the main road.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Iberostar

Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa de Muro
IBEROSTAR Ciudad Blanca
IBEROSTAR Ciudad Blanca
#7 of 48 in Port d'Alcudia
PortBlue Club Pollentia Resort & Spa

Been to IBEROSTAR Alcudia Park? Share your experiences!