Myself and my husband arrived very late at night and when we got to our room on the 3rd floor were greated by the stale smell of smoke in the room. It was very strong even in the wardrobes, we spoke to the rep who apologised and explained no one should be smoking inside the rooms. We left it at that as the room itself was clean and ample for the 2 of us. I do agree the room would not have been enough if we'd brought both our children and judging by the state of the bunkbeds i wouldn't have let them sleep on them anyway !
The food on the first few days seemed adequate but it was rather non descript and there many guests giving each other points if they could guess what they were eating ! Packet soup / packet savoury rice for the paella / tinned fruit cocktail and what we thought were fishy type bites which tasted of cardboard !! The veal was extremely fatty we soon realised the german guests had the right idea as they picked through the best of it leaving the grissly bits behind - to be fair I would actually disagree it was even veal they served as looked more like stewing steak than anything. We gave up and ate out - don't get me wrong I can eat pretty much anything but even I struggled to put a meal together.
The bar - you can be served drinks right up until midnight but don't expect to be allowed to drink them in the area itself. The staff rudely turn off the lights and tell you to just get out. There were a number of complaints to the management whilst we were there. I felt for those with children who were indeed very scared of being plunged into darkness. I know one guest actually asked the management what they would do if all the guests wanted to finish their drinks in reception and they just couldn't answer. We decided not drink in the hotel either and instead opted for the lovely Brisas cafe bar next door which had live music everynight - including traditional Spanish which was lovely with Raf serving the best cocktails - not the packet stuff in the hotel.
The entertainment was non-existent - unless you like darts / shuffle board / killer pool and a DJ who say hello puts on a CD and the at the end says good bye !!!!
Finding Posh Paddy's was our saviour ( turn right at the fish hook roundabout ), Brendan playing more instruments than you can count every night of the week. He is also a comedian who has worked pretty much everywhere and speaks to every single customer who comes through the door. Matt and Magic behind the bar are just the best and also Chris from Smiths across the road ( same owner for both places ).
We had such fun with Raf & Brisas / Brendan & the team at Paddy's they really made the holiday.
I have written to First Choice directly regarding the Hotel itself but do agree a holiday is what you make it. We didn't like the hotel itself and would not go back there as such. I think i would have felt differently if this was self catering but as its all inclusive the idea is that you don't feel the need to go anywhere else. Like a number of guests we met we found the need to get away from the hotel was stronger.
As I say this is just our opinion, we usually stay in a 2 star hotel in Turkey..............it runs rings around this place. I hope this helps.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel ROC Continental Park is located only 50 metres from the Playa de Muro beach, and very close to the s'Albufera Nature Reserve, a combination which together form one of the island's longest and most beautiful beaches.The Hotel Roc Continental Park offers its guests an All-Inclusive board basis with all the necessary comforts and a wide range of possibilities to ensure that guests have a wonderful stay.This hotel offers the most comfortable accommodation in the area: an unbeatable value and great all inclusive benefits. A wide range of hotel activities with special entertainment for both children and adults really makes a difference, being fully recommended for families. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotel.de, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Hotel Roc Continental Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Stil Continental Park
- Hotel Roc Continental Park Playa De Muro, Majorca