“Thomson Reps Amazing. Brilliant creche. Brilliant hotel.”

TUI FAMILY LIFE Alcudia Pins
Ranked #21 of 30 Hotels in Playa de Muro
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I have just come home from a fantastic 2 weeks stay at the alcudia pins hotel. I went on holiday with my husband and 18 month old son and 5 year old!
First thoughts
As we checked into the hotel we were greeted by lovely, friendly reception staff called Donna and I can't remember the mans name but he was lovely and we were also greeted by a blonde girl (thomson rep) who seemed lovely. We were told when our welcome meeting was going to be and where and if we had any problems to pop down to the desk and they were happy to help. Brilliant first impressions defiantly!

The hotel
The hotel itself is lovely, very clean and tidy and the staff are lovely! We were in the Ibiza block and we had a lovely view of the sea and pool and it was amazing! The rooms were a little small for us but we don't like to complain and we were just grateful as we booked the holiday last minute!

Creche
The creche is very lovely and cool and it has lovely bright displays up on the walls which quite clearly the reps down there have worked very hard on. My son absolutely loved going to the creche and it was amazing for me because I had 2 hours to do whatever I wanted to do without worrying about my younger child. I would like to thank Katie and Lisa very much on all their hard work that they do in creche and my son adored them both and they were the nicest two young girls and seemed very genuine and were always smiling!

Kids Club
The kids club was also very good. Every session was different and my little one loved the cooks kitchen activity and my son partially loved Jessie J and Essex Alex!

This holiday all in all was brilliant and I can't complain about a thing. Thankyou thomson for yet again a fantastic holiday!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank JonesyJ101

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Just returned from the Pins. Firstly, great location, from a beach point of view, not so great if you like to go for a walk along the promenade shopping etc, as there isn't one. Like others have mentioned, there was no rep on the coach on arrival, I just thought it slightly odd, but figured as it was a night flight everyone was sleeping anyway. The coach driver called out the hotel names loud enough so no big deal.

The reps...oh the reps...we arrived at 05:30, after what could be considered a lonnnnnggg day, but slightly wired we unpacked and then layed down to sleep. So receiving a phone call reminding me about the welcome meeting at 8:00am was not well received. We did not attend that meeting but did turn up to the following days meeting, which was ok, but I did feel that while the reps were sort of helpful they appeared jaded and tired, not what was to be expected from a Thompson rep.

Food - ok, nice enough, hated the beach front restaurant though, just tacky and a scramble. The main restaurant was much more dignified, but did not appreciate being told to sit in the most rubbish place as there was just two of us. The tavern by the sea, although not much to look at, served fantastict tapas, and gave great service. On all accounts however there was no way the food could be considered a four star.

Drinks - horrid.

Room - not bad, bit of a squeeze into the cupboard of a bedroom, but nice big living space. Glad no one had to sleep on the bed settee however as we put it up one night to lay on to watch the tv and it was way too uncomfortable to even do that. Our sheets did not get changed all week and i I had to complain in the end, as the mattress on one bed was very stinky ( smelt of body odour ) which seeped through to the sheets, was totally gross. We kept assuming they had been done as the bed would get made to then discover at night it had not, I then went to complain and my daughter joined me at reception to say they were doing it right then. So held off, to learn that night they actually hadn't done it! Hence the sheets didn't actually get changed till 10 pm on our last full night!

Pools - yep plenty of them, clean enough, but the incident of someone having a poo accident in the one with the slide put us right off. They did close the pool till the following morning but I wasn't confident anything special had occurred to give the pool a clean bill of health.

The beach - beautiful, great sea, just lovely.

We had a night flight both ways so going home was a bit tedious, as we had to check out by midday, and was in limbo until midnight, however they have a great secure luggage areas that you can lock your belongings up and keep the key yourself, this area had toilets and shower rooms ( I would have had to be very desperate to use the showers though!)

Entertainment - rubbish. Not geared up for anyone but children and they would need to be under 8 to appreciate it. Crappy midday quizzes and just poor quality of everything entertainment related, once again would make me raise an eyebrow at the alledged four star rating.

The location ultimately is what allows the four stars, directly onto the beach in between Alcudia and Can Picafort.

All that said, would I go again..yes. But only at the right price. And only because of the location.

I booked this holiday three days before we flew, and felt then it was expensive but figured as a four star AI it must be worth it. I returned to the travel agent today, and enquired how much it would be to book for next year - I never normally book in advance but ppl reckon you get a better deal. Definitely not in this case, it was over a grand per person. It is not worth that at all. I paid £1300 for two of us, AI which included and under occupancy fee ( second person was 13) ..that was just about fair, but I wouldn't pay a penny more. As we did not benefit from the AI aspect, did not get to sit on one single sun lounger the whole holiday due to the absolute selfishness of others hogging the beds during the day with towels but no one actually sitting on them, drove me mad. Did not have more than a hand full of the revolting drinks, and didn't have a single snack. Infact we missed a good few meals out entirely!

Reviewed July 25, 2013

I travelled to Alcudia pins with my husband and 2 small children. On arriving at airport I assumed a falcon/ Thomson rep would meet us- no such luck! I had to find a rep and ask her where to find bus. On the bus we had no idea where we were. As another reviewer stated you could easily miss your stop. The bus driver was announcing stops but he was difficult to understand. Meanwhile there was a rep sitting on the third row. She never spoke, welcomed us, told us where we were. When we arrived at hotel again no rep to be seen! Reception staff were very helpful. We stayed in I block. Rooms are tight but we never spent more than an hour there. The next day was our falcon/ Thomson welcome meeting. This was basically a ploy to sell overpriced trips.
The hotel itself was nice. I never had to que at any meal and the staff were very helpful and work so hard. The location is superb. The view on to the beach is beautiful. The hotel grounds are on the beach. My four year old loved the small slide and my 6 year old loved the bigger slide. The entertainment was ok but my 4 year old loved it and my six year old loved the football court.
Back to the reps! On our departure day or bus was 30 mind late- no rep came out to reassure us- very disappointing I have to say the kids camp staff were lovely and would disagree with people who felt they weren't interested in their jobs. Drop in was a Godsend as was the chocolate party (7-10)giving us time to ourselves. Most nights it was peaceful enough after 11:45 but one or two nights were noisy. A word of warning do not bother with Thomson trips they are over the top expensive!
Overall I'd say the hotel itself and the kids club was fantastic. The reps from/ falcon need to get their act together !

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We Stayed in Alcudia Pins the first 2 weeks of July 2 adults and 2 kids(10 and 6), We really enjoyed our stay here. The place is very busy, but you don't feel ocercrowded. The hotel staff are brilliant especially the bar staff. You do have to wait for drinks but not for long and not all the time. The food for the first week was brilliant, they had a great selection. The second week seemed to change, it wasn't as good, i think they might of got new suppliers or something. the food was still a very good standard but the selection was not as good. The location is fantastic, could not be better for a day on the beach or an evening stroll. Be warned about sunbeds they do take towels if you leave them down early and go for breakfast, which is fair but not very clear to all guests, we did see a few strange looks and comments made to people who left towels down and when they came back somebody else were on the beds, it should be made clear around the pool area.
The entertainment in the evening is very bad, the thomson team do try their best but it is not good enough to entertain all the guests with what can only described as filling time by making noise in the corner. The 2 main girls Dawn and cheryl are very nice and entertain the guests during the day with pool games, but the evening should be better for the money we pay for the hotel.
Overall the hotel is very good but i don't think we will return next year.
A tip for anyone going is, use the bar in the games room in the evening.

Room Tip: Dont ask at reception they dont really care what room you get. we tried to move but we were not even...
2  Thank consar10
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Just returned from Alcudia Pins after a 1 week holiday with family (2 adults, children 9, 5). Start of the holiday was poor as there was no Thomson Reps on the coach and the driver did not announce the hotels we were stopping at so care was needed here to make sure you got off at the right hotel (at the end of the holiday the reps explained that no Thomson reps travel on the coaches now due to the holiday makers not necessary coming from England therefore would be unfair for reps to speak to everyone in English). We found this service poor.

The location of the hotel is very good - we did not venture off the resort as only there for one week. Hotel directly on the beach and what a beautiful clean beach it is. Great having the choice of the beach or the many pools available, although pools very busy. Policy of the hotel is any unattended towels at the pool side are removed before 10am which is fair. Due to how busy the hotel is you have to get down to the pools early in order to get a bed for the day. Which is a pain. One disappointment would be how busy the hotel actually was. Felt like you were packed in like cattle although taking this into account we never had to wait long for dinner in the restaurants or drinks at the bars, thus the service here was fantastic. The food was excellent and catered for everyone.

A big disappoiintment was the rooms really really small for a family of four very basic however clean.

We were really disappointed wth the night entertainment, it was appalling. The stage act was the same for 5 nights - a group from scandinavia. Entertainment was so poor and not catered for the children. The Rod Stewart tribute band was awful! One evening the reps performed which was only 'ok'. The reps really didn't do very much at this hotel - we have been to far better hotels and experienced more interaction from the reps and kids had enjoyed it far better. We would have liked more entertainment on for the children as they were bored.

This is the first time we have travelled with Thomson and to be honest probably the last. It was great getting away and we did have a good time but just found, for the price, many faults.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Room Tip: We stayed in the Ibiza block which overlooked the supermarket and the baby pool, which we found ok a...
2  Thank Mumof2153
Reviewed July 23, 2013

The location of the hotel is fantastic - right on Playa de Muro beach and the hotel complex is attractive with a nice outdoor bar area, swimming pools and BBQ restaurant, where you can go for breakfast and lunch. However the experience was spoilt by the place being far too crowded which meant it was mobbed in the pool during the day and the evening meal experience being like being herded like cattle into a canteen. The one bedroom appartment was tiny and although clean was VERY basic. Also the night time entertainment was appalling- the hotel needs to tell Thomson to get their act together as Thomson reps who mime to tapes and do boring game show type activities are just not not good enough. It's a shame as the hotel staff work really hard to keep the place clean and the quality of the food is good- although the all inclusive drinks can vary in standard.
This has been our fourth holiday in Majorca with Thomson and this was our poorest experience in terms of value for money- my husband has said he does not want to book with them again. We paid £4300 for 2 weeks all inclusive and after a week I was desperate to get out of the place and so relieved to come back home for a decent sleep and some peace and quiet.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank 868Laura
Reviewed July 23, 2013

If you are looking for a holiday where the kids can really enjoy themselves, then this is it. There are about six swimming pools including a paddling pool for infants. The adult pool is overseen by a lifeguard. Plenty of activities and fun games to join in each day and, although the evening entertainment wasn't exactly "top drawer stuff" it wasn't rubbish. Beware of putting your towels out early, they will definitely be removed, (yes, including the Germans !) I would recommend the all inclusive package. "Free" drinks, burgers, pizza, ice cream, cakes. Kids paradise really.The food in the dining room was good with quite a varied choice. I felt that the room could have been better though. Not oversubscribed with space but would just about do.
I wouldn't recommend this if you don't have children as there's nothing to do for adults at night. A taxi into Alcudia is about 8 euros each way, and then you are spending when it's all paid for. All in all clean, good food, nice hotel staff, not noisy at night.

2  Thank brush027
Be Live Collection Palace de Muro
Prinsotel La Dorada
Prinsotel La Dorada
#8 of 30 in Playa de Muro

Been to TUI FAMILY LIFE Alcudia Pins? Share your experiences!