1,225 results
All reviews froggy club nature reserve self catering plunge pool select apartment separate bath half board fantastic hotel table tennis small kitchen animacion team family holiday all ages electric kettle mini disco tex mex plenty of sunbeds
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

It is the perfect hotel when you are on a family holiday. It has a good variety of swimming pools, good amenities, proximity to a sandy beach and above all perfect food (Mark Anthony was the most helpful manager ever met in a hotel).
Moreover, personnel at the reception were really helpful, and I would like to thank them for helping us with all our questions (Thank you Carlos & Ilianna).
Hands-down the best 4-star hotel, I ever been and it easily beats many 5-star resorts.

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank Nicholas K
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Having stayed twice previously in La Dorado was looking forward to booking in again for Summer 2019. However, when I went to book I was informed their occupancy rules have changed. Having stayed previously in a one bed apartment as two adults and two children, I am now being told I must book two apartments, with one child and one adult in each.
Reason for this is that my 14 year old daughter in now considered an Adult, and as such they only allow a max occupancy of 2 adults in any one apartment.
Funny really, when you check their website they mention the following,
"Our hotels and apartments are specially designed for holidays with children, for those seeking the best value-for-money accommodation in the Majorca and Minorca Islands"
And yet with this rule they are trying to separate families :-(
Hard really to make any sense of this change, but can safely say I will no longer be booking into any Prinsotel.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
2  Thank Kieran L
Reviewed September 4, 2018

Did not actually stay here, but popped in every afternoon to see my daughter and family who were staying at the hotel.There are at least six pools with water fountains in the one, while the other held a range of water sports hosted by the 'crazy' entertainment team. There is a delightful baby pool with Disney characters spraying out water. The pool area is surrounded by beautiful extensive gardens with sun beds everywhere. There is a delightful young children's play area, complete with a mini 'go ape.My daughters accommodation was excellent with a small kitchenette, ideal for making hot drinks and for keeping drinks ice cold in the fridge.The bathroom was amazing as it was large with a separate shower and bath and a bidet.The balcony over looked the pool area. Ideal hotel for all, but especially for families with children because of the variety of pools.

Stayed: August 2018
1  Thank gailfwilkinson
Reviewed September 4, 2018 via mobile

This is our 2nd trip to Prinsotel La Dorada in 2 years. We were a little apprehensive returning incase it wasn’t as good as we had experienced in 2016. However, we can honestly say we had an even better time. The hotel has had some changed in its layout since our last visit, one being the reception area which is a huge difference and for the better. You are greeted on reception to a lovely haven of peace and tranquility and I honestly felt relaxed as soon as I arrived. (The complimentary glass of cava may have helped!). We were placed in a room over looking the nature reserve. It was a clean room but we felt it was a little dark and asked if we could swap to a pool view room. The hotel staff were very accommodating and moved us to a different room which was perfect.
The hotel is very clean and all the pools, amenities and ground are attended to frequently and kept to a high standard. Our kids lived in the pools. What is amazing about this resort is the Animacion Team. They all work so hard with such energy and enthusiasm. And what we love is, although they cater for the younger children fabulously, they also have many activities for the adults too! They encourage everyone to participate in the daily timetable but not in a pushy way. Our kids (aged 10 & 8) loved participating in everything!!! I miss my daily 12pm Aqua Zumba/Gym session! The night time entertainment was good fun and particularly enjoyed the acoustic guitarist Gustavo, Elvis & the Silent disco! The animacion team also entertained us with their interpretations of Broadway Musicals & Mamma Mia which was fun and can appreciate how much effort and work goes into them!
I would love to give Prinsotel La Dorada 5 stars as we honestly have such a relaxing time here but the little things that let it down for us are:
1) Kitchenette: we opted for Self Catering board. The kitchenette is very small so not much space to cook with only 1 socket. We didn’t have a kettle at first but were brought a small electric one which we appreciated as previously we had a stove heated one.
2) Hotel Dining: we tried the hotel restaurant for dinner twice and it was ok. Nothing blew me away and most of the dishes I remember from our last stay. We preferred to dine at other places in Playa du Muro.
3) WiFi: much better than our previous stay but still very intermittent.
However. These are all minor points. The hotel is situated very near the stunningly beautiful Playa du Muro beach. It’s a must. It was very busy the days we visited and I think approx. €15 to hire the sun beds. Our children had a quick dip but then just wanted to get back to the pool in the hotel!!!! We enjoyed a dusk beach walk too after a meal one night which was lovely. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay once again and were very sad to leave. We are already looking into returning for our Summer holiday again next year! Thanks again Prinsotel La Dorada!

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
2  Thank Helos76
Reviewed September 2, 2018

Just got home after a weeks stay at this hotel. We are a family of 4 (13 year old an 17 year old).

We had a Deluxe Terrace Top Floor Apartment and it exceeded our expectations. Beautiful and clean. Comfortable beds. Plunge pool. Plenty of outside space. Drinks replenished every day, along with chocolates and the weather forecast for the next day on a little card. We had a view over the nature reserve which was amazing and we watched the sunset which was incredible.

The maids were very friendly and all the staff couldn't do any more if we asked. Mika (not sure how to spell her name), the Hotel Consierge, was fabulous! Extremely good at her job and made us feel so welcome on arrival and every day when we saw her. We had free coffee in the Club and a cocktail every day - which was lovely.

We ate in the grill which was gorgeous - we had steak. We had snacks from the pool caravan and ate at the poolside bar. All of which were great. There is a shop on site and a Spar just around the corner. Lots of souvenier shops and restaurants close by too.

We had a day at the beach which was a 5 minute walk - beautiful place and crystal clear water.

Can't wait to return!
Thank you!

Room Tip: We had room 2317 which overlooked the nature reserve but not the pool, which was fine with us.
  • Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
2  Thank emmacza
Prinsotel, Guest Relations Manager at Prinsotel La Dorada, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2018

Dear Emma,
thank you very much for your kind comment about your stay in Prinsotel La Dorada. We are very happy to hear, you enjoyed the stay in Deluxe Appartment roof terrace. We really appreciate your kind mention to Mika, Prinsotel La Dorada Concierge, she always offer her best. Look forward to your next visit! Kind regards, Prinsotel.