If you want a family beach holiday in a peaceful location then this is an excellent place. The hotel was of a high standard. Our apartment - side sea view top floor block 1 was modern, clean, spacious (for our family of 4) and had everything we needed. The view and balcony were very pleasant with late aft/evening sun. Perfect for a pre dinner drink of sangria!
We enjoyed our evening meal everyday. An excellent variety. We had lobster, sushi, king prawns, chinese specialities, roast pig, duck and wonderful cheeses. Breakfast was as you would expect with freshly fried eggs, omlettes prepared for you, yogurts. fruits, croissants etc. We did not go all inclusive as do not like a large meal at lunch and simply do not drink enough to make it worthwhile. We bought wine each night with our meal - 11 - 15 euro.
We aimed for the beach every day the sun shone. the beach is excellent. High quality digging and building sand, plenty of room (we do not go near the sunlounger areas) and shallow water with little fish and shells. Our children 2 and 6 loved it.
On cooler days we played in the hotel indoor pool. Could have been warmer but it was a useful facility and we warmed up in the jacuzzi and sauna!
The location was excellent for us. Albufera nature reserve starts at the edge of the Albufera Playa carpark. We had wonderful walks through the woods finding birds, caterpillars and flowers, across the road is a lane leading up to 3 lakes. Again brilliant birdwatching. We would have hired bikes if the children were bigger.
Every evening we walked out to the local shops, 2 good supermarkets, and a few others 2 or 3 places to eat. The children enjoyed pony riding, trampolining, fun bikes for 5, and the 'ride ons'. It was all very peaceful and well kept. The shops were pricey , we went out on the bus one day to get cheaper Flamenco shoes!
My 6 year old enjoyed the mini disco most nights and made a nice Danish friend.There were good children's acivities in the day if you wanted but mine just like the beach. Yes there are alot of children at this hotel but they were well behaved and as I have children of my own I was not bothered by children at all! I would return as I could not really fault the place at all - not many rooms have baths. We only had a shower, although it was big enough for 4!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located right on the sand at the marvellous Playa de Muro beach, the Iberostar Albufera Park hotel makes for a wonderful holiday in Majorca. This is due to the quality of its facilities, exclusive location and a pleasant atmosphere where families with children can have great fun. The Iberostar Albufera Park hotel features rooms for every type of family: with children or without, with the family pet, and also exclusive our Star Prestige service that gives access to a rooftop VIP area with Balinese beds, jacuzzis and an open Bar. The range of services at the Albufera Park hotel is magnificent: Miniclub (ages 4 to 7), Maxiclub (ages 8 to 12), Teenieclub (ages 13 to 17); four restaurants and two bars; live shows and entertainment for guests of all ages; SPA Sensations with up to ten different types of massages; outdoor pools with slides and water jets; free Wi-Fi; children's playground; all inclusive... And, of course, direct access to one of the best beaches on the entire Mediterranean ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, getaroom.com, Travelocity, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Iberostar Albufera Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Albufera Park Hotel Playa De Muro
- Iberostar Playa De Muro
- Iberostar Hotel Albufera Park
- Iberostar Albufera Park Playa De Muro, Majorca