“great holiday”
Review of Eix Lagotel

Eix Lagotel
Ranked #18 of 30 Hotels in Playa de Muro
Reviewed November 17, 2012

After reading the reviews on this hotel i was a bit worried.we had a great time weather was pretty good aswell.the food was always nice i am very picky with food there was always a good selection to choose from we never went hungry.we will be booking next year for definate we will be taking my daughter and my grandaughter nexy year.

Room Tip: we had pool view.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Alison p
ricardeix, e-commerce at Eix Lagotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

Hola
Many thanks for your stay and for your nice review.
We hope to see you again.
Lagotel

Write a ReviewReviews (2,309)

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Good holiday destination for families with entertainment on offer throughout the day and into early evening. Friendly staff, reasonable sized rooms and clean. Location not fantastic but only 10 mins away from local shops and restaurants. Buffet restaurant offers a good selection of foods to suit everyone. Well priced if looking for a weeks holiday somewhere close.

• Stayed: May 2012
6  Thank Lollypop91

Hola
Thanks for your review, we like to know when our guests are satisfied with our services.
Hope to see you again.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

We were so looking forward to our holiday the pictures looked fab but as we pulled up the smile disappeared. The rooms were nothing special.the beds and pillows hard we asked for a quiet room which turned out to be at the back of the hotel over the kitchens.this was not the problem the problem was every night around 12-30 the dustcart turned up to empty every glass bottle in excistance into the dumper truck not good. The all inclusive food was pretty poor and the snacks were awful.pasta cheap burgers and nuggets and fries everyday the restaurant food was poor even the Frankfurters were burnt .when we stayed 5out of 7 of our group were ill and resorted to buying food elsewhere as couldn't face more slops. The brochure warns about the mozzies but omg we were even bit while we slept . On the day of departure we had until 12 to check out the maid let herself in at least 3 times before 8am to clean the room we had to resort to locking the door just so we could get dressed in peace. Not a hotel I would recommend but the rumour as we were leaving.was the hotel was having a revamp still won't be going back ....

• Stayed: September 2012
4  Thank sammybabes7

Hola
Thanks for your stay and for your review wich will help us to improove.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

Me and my family stayed here from 30/08/12 -06/09/12. Before we left we were worried sick after reading the reviews of some previous guests, however i really shouldnt have worried. The hotel itself is a lovely hotel in my opinion and the room we had (301) was very spacious, clean and accomodated the five of us easily. The only problem with the room were the ants and the smell from the drains after a shower or when the toilet was flushed but to be honest we wernt bothered we didnt go to spain to sit in our room. The pools were both lovely but we stayed mainly at the Breezers pool, mini golf was good and the entertainment was good enough for the price we paid (you shouldnt expect west end style shows its a family hotel). We liked the bingo and Fabian was very funny and had very good banter with the guests. The food imo was good my kids and hubby always had a choice of food which they enjoyed and i love trying new things so i tried the more local dishes that were served but there was always some thing for every one. There was only one incedent of someone crapping in the pool but you cant blame the hotel for that it was down to the kids parents allowing them to get in the pool naked and it wasnt an english or irish family they were italians. but it was cleane d up quickly and the pool closed for the day. The only thing that put a dampner on our holiday was the weather which the hotel cant control. We met some lovely people two families in particular (lisa and tom and melvin and sonia). All in all it was a good holiday just a bit chilly at times but we would defo go back to Lagotel and the kids really didnt want to come home.

• Stayed: August 2012
5  Thank mormaddan
ricardeix, e-commerce at Eix Lagotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Hola
Mant thanks, we liked your realistic review.
Hope to see you again.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

We went 21/09- 01/10. The hotel was lovely and clean the staff was brilliant, always had
a smile and was willing to help you. Fabio ( cheeky monkey's) was a laugh and kept us all entertained.
The food was lovely not always boiling hot but nice. Although you had to be careful of the slippery floor in the dinning room. The pool area was lovely and clean,
although the water was cold, and you didn't have to rush for a lounger.
The beach was only a 5 min walk and that was so beautiful. We loved it so much we are going back next year. x

Room Tip: Get a higher floor so you dont get the ant's
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Diane R

Hola
Thanks a lot, happy guests makes us happy.
Hope to see you next year.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

My husband and I just returned last Sunday from this hotel and had a lovely time. The staff on reception aren’t the smiliest people in the world, but they’re helpful. First Choice reps were also very helpful and keen to help.

The hotel itself is clearly a 3-star – not bad, but not luxury either, which is fine. It’s clean and tidy. Our room was on the top floor and was spacious enough with a lovely big balcony, which we enjoyed using. The only issues with our room were that the double bed was unfortunately not very comfortable. You could feel the springs through the mattress and the bed dipped in the middle. This was partly rectified by us piling cushions underneath the bed in the centre throughout our stay, so that we weren’t both rolling into the middle of the bed during the night. The other issue was that I came to run the bath on our first night, only to find that there was no plug! Again, this was rectified by me removing the plug from the sink and using it in the bath during our stay. I’m sure if we’d have mentioned it to Reception they would have replaced it for us, but we didn’t want to hassle them. The shower was efficient and hot water was always available. Air conditioning was efficient and turns off automatically when the balcony door is opened. Our room was cleaned every day – the bed made, floors swept, bin emptied and towels replaced.

Within minutes of getting into our room on the first day we discovered that the locking mechanism in the padlock securing my suitcase had broken inside during transit and this meant it couldn’t be unlocked with the keys. Thankfully the lady on Reception was fantastic and said if I left the suitcase with her she would get ‘Technical’ to break the lock and would call our room when this was done. I got the call about 30 to 40 minutes later and felt very relieved! I was very impressed at how quickly they’d sorted it for me and very relieved that they had the equipment there to deal with this.

The location of the hotel is in a quiet area, right next to a lake. The beach and a few shops are within easy walking distance (no more than 10 minutes) or there is a shuttle bus that leaves outside the hotel at :00 and :30 hours, but do get a timetable from Reception as the shuttle does stop running at midday for lunch and then continues again. It drops you off right near the beach and you wait at the same place for the shuttle bus back (at :10 and :40 hours – again with a break for lunch). The beach is lovely with soft, white sand and clear sea, but it does get very busy and be aware there are quite a few ladies who feel the need to go topless (and though some might find this appealing, it’s perhaps not too appealing when the majority of these ladies are pensioners!)

I must say I didn’t expect to get bitten by insects, but did take Boots Repel insect repellent and slathered this all over myself and my husband. Despite this, I got bitten 7 times and my husband got bit once and we weren’t outside in the evenings too much either. I think it’s a bit hit and miss with being bitten – you’re either lucky or you aren’t. Obviously they found me very tasty. The itchiness from the bites was intense and I’ve never had an itch like it and unfortunately they kept waking me at night (I found sticking toothpaste on them helped!) We saw a lot of other guests with nasty red, itchy bites on their legs and arms, so it wasn’t just me who got unlucky! Of course I realise this isn’t a fault of the hotel, but I just wanted to point out that you should pack a very good insect repellent to avoid any unpleasant bites and itching. It doesn’t hurt to be prepared.

I must say I really don’t understand what all these negative comments are about the food. Surely people who go all-inclusive at a 3-star hotel don’t expect fine dining? It was really very adequate and in fact there was much more choice here than at a 4-star hotel we’d stayed at in Bulgaria a couple of years previously. Breakfasts included lots of different cereals including sugar puffs, cocoa puffs, rice krispies, muesli with cornflakes, bacon, sausages, beans, hams, cheeses, bread rolls, toast, sticky buns, croissants, yogurts and biscuits. Lunches typically included fish, pasta, Bolognese sauce, tuna sauce, pork stew, nuggets, baked hake, salads, cheeses, hams, cobs, chicken and lots more. Dinners included rice, pork, veal, coleslaw, salads, cheeses, hams, cubed potato chunks, potato wedges, mackerel, friend wanga (fish), pasta, breaded crab claws, fish fingers and lots more. Puddings were available every lunch and dinner-time and included different variations of sponge cakes, custard, jelly, rice pudding, watermelon, pineapple, other fruits, ice-cream (3 different flavours), swiss roll and lots more. We visited the snack bar only once and my husband had some pizza and some fries, but the snack bar is purely that – a snack bar. You’re not expected to have a full meal every day there and it’s just an option in case you wanted it. I have to say that with an all-you-can-eat buffet morning, noon and night I don’t know why anybody would even need to snack, but there you go! If people disliked the snacks then there’s always the on-site supermarket (closed on Sundays) or a short walk down the road to the Spar.

The drinks were OK, though at breakfast-time I was sorry to discover that the orange juice wasn’t concentrated orange juice, but a sort of squash or perhaps a very watered down concentrated orange juice. There was also a choice of pineapple juice or apple juice, as well as tea or coffee. The barmen are very generous with the pouring of spirits and the following drinks are available for self-service at the main bar (as well as the dining room and Breezer’s bar): 2 types of slushies, 7UP, Diet Coke, their own Fanta/Tango, their own lemonade, water, sangria, red wine, white wine and Estrella Damm beer.

Do bear in mind that the floor in the dining room is incredibly slippery for some reason. Not everybody seemed to have problems with this, but we saw many people almost falling over. I imagine the grip of some peoples’ shoes was better than others. Make sure you have a pair of good-grip shoes with you or you could end up sliding around the dining room like one gentleman we saw (he was literally sliding around rather than walking).

We did order a picnic for the following day on one of the days (but please be aware the earliest they can have this ready for you is 8.50am-ish, which is a massive pain when you’re being picked up by a coach at 8.45). Please note that despite ‘Happy Cow’ cheeses and bread slices being provided, there is no plastic knife included in the picnic in order to spread it. Neither is there a drink of any sort. Furthermore, my husband wasn’t keen on his because he didn’t like that the ham and cheese was wet and a bit ‘slimy’. I think this was just due to ‘sweating’ of the food through the foil, but even so it put him off.

The pools were both very aesthetically pleasing and clean and well kept with plenty of sun-loungers and white plastic chairs to sit on, as well as a few small plastic tables. We preferred the quieter Breezer’s Pool over the road (with its’ own bar). The pool here is salt water and very cold, but you gradually get used to it and it was nice to pop in to cool down after sun-bathing. The other pool by the main bar is chlorine and again pretty cold, but you do get used to it.

The entertainment isn’t for everybody. We aren’t into loud music, so avoided the ‘bands’. They tell you what entertainment is going on that day on a board outside the main bar doors. Avoid the main bar area between 8.30 and 9.00pm if you want a bit of peace and quiet, as this is the kids’ mini disco every day! At around 9.15 bingo starts (5 euros for a strip of 6 tickets). Unfortunately we didn’t win on our 3 tries, but it was good fun all the same.

The music and general noise does stop at midnight and there are numerous signs around the hotel asking people to keep noise to a minimum after that time, as well as tannoy announcements outside during the day to remind people. We had a room that half-faced the lake and half-faced the outer bar area, and it was fairly noisy up until midnight, but this didn’t bother us as we were up anyway. I would certainly recommend a lake-facing, high room if people are travelling with children.

On the Friday we noticed that in the morning when we were sun-bathing at the Breezer’s bar whenever somebody left the gentleman in charge of the pool was packing up their sun-loungers within minutes and storing them at the side of the bar. He kept doing this all day and although it doesn’t sound like much, it was actually quite an uncomfortable feeling and it almost felt like we shouldn’t have been there and that we were in the way. The bar was also completely closed on this day with no explanation, which we found annoying. Throughout the day we gradually realised that the hotel must be closing down for the season (which was verified on the Saturday by a Rep). This is all well and good, but we did feel ever so slightly put out that we’d paid all-inclusive and the bar by the pool was closed. Yes, we could get drinks over the road but that’s not really the point in our opinion. We really did feel like we were in the way.

This feeling continued when you went into the dining room and there were less and less tables made up, meaning everybody was eating in a very small area rather than spread out. I totally understand the logic of this, but it did get a tiny bit claustrophobic towards the end and, once again, made us feel like we were just in the way and that the hotel wanted us out.

At the same time the entertainment outside the main bar area stopped and was moved indoors, allowing staff to take down and seal up the entertainment area (stage and shed).

So although we do understand the reasoning behind all of this, it did make us feel ever so slightly unwelcome at the end, which is a shame.

All in all though we had a fabulous time and would really have no hesitations in returning if we wanted to visit Majorca again in the future.

Room Tip: Quieter rooms are on higher floors and lake-facing.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank JessicaDragon

Hola
Thanks for yourb review, both, good and not good opinions are very helpful for us.
hope to see you again.
best regards

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Went to this hotel for a week with my partner. We really enjoyed our time here. Staff were friendly, rooms clean. The food was great couldn't fault the food there was lots to choose from. Only problem we had was the last few days the started closing things up like the supermarket and salt pool as they close the hotel for winter. Felt abit like they wanted us to just leave there and then which we still had 3 days left of our holiday but apart from that was a really good holiday!

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank MLM1988

Hola
Thanks for your stay in our hotel and for your review.
Sorry for making you feel we where closing, we will improove in this aea next season.
best regards

#16 of 30 in Playa de Muro
31 mi away
Apartamentos Cala d'Or Playa
Sol Guadalupe by Melia

Been to Eix Lagotel? Share your experiences!