returned from a week at lagotel
The good points
1. receptionist called marti , brilliant , very helpful and recommend seeking him out for advise etc
2. the food ...... afternoon dinner and lunch are of a good standard with i think a good choice . Always fish and meat dishes to choose , and good vegetable selections and salads are very good. Also most days there is a carvery section too, roast beef etc
Dont get me wrong, its not fine dining , but its very good for the price and anyone on the reviews that slates the food , must be used to 5 star hotels , because the food is good and i think thats an essential for all inclusive.
3.cleanliness ... the rooms whilst dated are spotless , the cleaners are good and i have no compliants .
4 drinks .... plenty of beer soft drinks and decent wine on draught, and spirits are ok , big measures and as much as u can drink. AQuick service from the bar staff and all friendly, i think this is another basic must have for an all inclusive ,
5 swimming pools... are big and clean and i recommend the breezers bar and pools as they are less crowded and a lot quieter.
6.. Beach . 15 mins away. excellent white sands warm water .. stunning
The bad points
1. entertainment .... If you like bruce lee acts and acrobats, then its your idea of heaven. I frankly dont , so the entertainment ie bingo and all the formentioned , is a let down. There is a good bar 5 mins away that has tribute acts nightly , i recommend a visit if you want decentish entertainment. I have to say that the host/compare is very good but i guess he has to work within the hotels budget to hire the entertainment acts .
2 Location .... quite a walk from anywhere
3. Sunbeds ........ divs who queue and race for beds when the gates for the pool open at 10am..... most are broken and old and the unbrellas are too few . i think id rather have people putting towels on sunbeds at 5 am then having this sad 10am charge for a bed .. ... its pathetic
4 breakfast...... major let down , toast .. like cardboard, bacon thats translucent with fat ... and generally a real let down compared to the dinner and lunch standard.The is a selection of cereals for those that like it . so dont let me put you off ,if you are looking for cooked breakfast of a good standard ... look else where
The Ugly ... the chav families who ruin most things for the decent people , loud , obnoxious , kids running riot ... but hey maybe im a snob
all in all its average and the basics of food and accomodation and swimming pools are good :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A complex comprising hotel and apartments in the Platja de Muro, situated next to the natural park of s’Albufera. The park is formed by grassy areas, dunes and salt marshes and is of great ornithological and scenic value, and is surrounded by two gardens of approximately 200m² each with a lake and jetty. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Eix Lagotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lagotel Hotel Playa De Muro
- Lagotel Alcudia
- Lagotel Majorca
- Eix Lagotel Playa De Muro, Majorca