“Cheap and cheerful” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #17 of 30 Hotels in Playa de Muro
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Cheap and cheerful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2012

The lagotel is a nice, friendly family all inclusive hotel, great entertainment team, loads of daily activities. Stunning pools and plenty of space to sunbathe.
Only down side is that it's near lots of marsh land and there are loads of Mosquitos but use deet and you'll be fine

• Stayed September 2011
19 Thank Laura1984
ricardeix, e-comerce at Eix Lagotel, responded to this review, March 16, 2012
Hola
Thanks for your nice words.
we hope to see you again soon.
Best regards

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (559)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2012

Had a fantastic time there hotel could be more friendly and the reps could be better, kev slipped on the wet floor where the maids had been mopping and no warning signs to say it was wet outside our room, food wasn't brill but could always find something to eat would go back but defo have to be all inclusive as it's very expensive there,

• Stayed September 2011
3 Thank Kempsters
wales
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2012

Went here with my husband and 3 children, we loved it. Kids club was brill, the food was nice, rooms are clean and spacious, the only thing that I found wrong was the snack bar closed too early, but other than that a brilliant place.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
12 Thank laura h
ricardeix, e-commerce at Eix Lagotel, responded to this review, February 5, 2012
Hola
Many thks for your nice words
We will remain working hart.
Best regards from a (now) cold Mallorca
London
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

Stayed in the Lagotel Hotel in September for a week. Travelled with First Choice who arranged transport from the airport. It was pouring rain when we arrived and there was rain coming in the window and celing of the bus, there was so much it was on the floor of the bus and runnng down the passengers. When we got to the hotel, check-in was fast and we would be still in time for lunch if we hurried. We took our luggage to our room and went to the restaurant, I was disappointed as there was only a few cold bits left, I tried asking the staff for hot fresh food but nobody understood. We just thought we will manage until evening.
The room was spacious with a nice balcony,, we were overlooking the pool area which was nice. Just down from that there was a building with chimneys could be a factory which gave a bad smell at times when we had to close the balcony doors, we also found a bad smell through the hotel during the morning which we assumed was from the same place. This hotel in my opinion was more like apartments.
We hired the safe for the week. No pool towels available to hire you must bring your own. Swimming pool entrance is not until 10a.m. and closes at 6p.m. There was no shortage of sunloungers but it was September so it may be different in high season.
Food was OK but some of it was not great, we were all inclusive and it was the worst all inclusive foodwise we have experienced.
The beds are rock hard we put a blanket over the mattress for comfort. Our sheets the first night had marks (looked like stains) at the bottom, we didn't complain, but on Tuesday we went to the market in Alcudia which we enjoyed and when we returned to our room to change we noticed the sheets had been changed to be replaced by ones with holes, the maid could not have missed this as the holes were in the middle. I went to reception and explained, no apology, I asked for new ones and said I'd make the bed myself, he say no problem your in the right place I'll get the maid to change them. I mentioned this to the First Choice childrens rep who was amazed and told me I should mention it to our official First Choice Rep which I did that evening. I was so sorry I did, I was shocked and embarrased by her attitude, her comment was some people class this as a 5 Star Hotel, again no apology. Our bed was never made properly after that.
The evening before we were due to leave, I decided to return the key of the safe, in the morning we had left our money, jewellery etc around the room while we went for breakfast with the "Do Not Disturb" sign clearly visible on the outside of the door. We returned from breakfast to find the cleaner had been in our room and had stripped the bed. This was 9a.m. and we were allowed to be in that room until 12 Noon. Was this revenge for complaining about the sheets.
We enjoyed the entertainment and there was entertainment for children in the evening. We did not travel with children but I would not recommend this hotel for anybody with children as I could see no security and there was an entrance at the back of the hotel leading across the road to another pool, non residents could freely walk in an out of the hotel.
There was a courtesy bus from the hotel to the beach every day and you were given a snack to take with you if you booked it in advance which we did, don't bother with the snack it is very basic.
I definitely would not return to this hotel and would not recommend it.
Reading the other reviews before we went on holiday I noticed the Hotel leave messages to previous guests with comments, I suggest they deal with the guests while they are on the premises and when there is a problem deal with it and not ignore it. Very disappointed with Lagotel Hotel and First Choice.

Room Tip: No suggestions
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
19 Thank rosiemLondon
Newbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

Now, before I start reviweing, I'm an 11-year-old boy, so I would only read this if you have kids! Lagotel was great! We stayed there for the October half term and it was brilliant. Get ready because I'm going to tell you what it is like for kids!

First things first, the food was OK, but that is coming from the fussiest eater you'll ever meet. I would have eaten a lot more there if it was hotter- most of it was just warm! But my mum and dad (and sisters) thought it was very good. There was a great choice for everyone- including lots of chips, loin steak, vegetable stir-fry, and loads of scrumptious puddings. In my opinion, the best bit was the snack bar, where you could go up at any time in the day and get a plate of chips, nuggets, a burger, hot dogs and other things. The choice of drinks was brill, too!

Most of the staff were quite friendly, especially the lady running the snack bar! The entertainment was... OK, really. Most nights it was a disco for little kids, bingo, and then a musician of some kind. The musicians were good, but I suppose it got a little boring after a while.

The swimming pool was great but very cold! If want warmer water to swim in, have a walk down to the beach - its amazing! The sand is very nice -no lumps or rocks- and the sea is perfect for swimming in. It is very clear and fun to mess around in.

The rooms were awesome even though there where only a few channels on the TV in English! Most balconies have pretty nice views and the beds were reasonably comfy. The games room was good as well, with all games costing 1 euro. Another good thing- The pool tables costed 2 euros a game and it was always fun to play! I did think the sports were slightly overpriced though- It was 10 euros for a game of crazy golf for a family of five.

So all in all it was a great place to stay! Now I shall finish with my top tips for kids:

1. Ask the barman for a fruit cocktail- they're really nice!
2. Give the kids club a go. I didn't myself but if you enjoy that type of thing then it looks like the place to be.
3. Don't slowly get in the swimming pool- JUMP!

Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
50 Thank 11_year_old_reviews
ricardeix, e-commerce at Eix Lagotel, responded to this review, November 3, 2011
Hola amigo!
Thanks for your nice review, we all enjoyed reading it we have a big smile on our faces.
Hope to see you again.
Hasta la vista!!!
Coventry, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

This could be a great place to stay,If there were a few ajustments Hotel management they do not help you reception is very poor or not helpful,When booking we asked for a low floor near a lift , We got got room 226 could not be further away from a lift and with no sun on the balcony till 3.30 pm. room,We spoke to JUAN on reception, we a load of excuses from him one was the sun is low in sky at this time of the year so there you do not get much sun on balconys, The other was we are closing rooms down we close 31 st October ,
The reason we wonted a change WE ARE ARE IN MID SEVENTIES and there for two weeks.
If you like Macdonlds this place is fine you get ,chips ,beefburgers,sausage,chicken nuggets,This is the place for you.
The salads bar was great no problem but you can not eat them all the time dinner and evening meals, The bar was great for drinks and service great the maids service was very good.
Hot cooked food was poor no labels on it to tell you what you picking up.
I went to my First Choice rep Mark and asked if I could speak to the Hotel Manager and Chef he put in a report for me to speak to them,5 days went past not thing THATS WHAT I CALL POOR MANAGEMENTand could not careless.
The pools and gardens are just excellent and very clean well looked after.

Room Tip: room 209 floor 2
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank william186403
Hola
Thanks for your review, both nice and not nice words ar helpfull for us.
we are working abut this behaviour in the way to improove it, hope to be succesfull.
Best regrads
Isle of Wight, England
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2011

We are a family of 2 adults and 2 teenagers and this is the first time we have booked independently (which considering we would do again). We chose this place for a break in the autumn sun, but wanted somewhere which had facilities for our 2 teenage boys.
On the good side the hotel room was plenty spacious enough for our family of 4, we had a lovely view overlooking the lake amd the boys were in a small room sectioned off our room which gave some privacy. The hotel grounds and pool areas were very clean and the staff were friendly enough. People couldn#t reserve sun beds as the pools were actually locked up until 10 am. The drink choice was also good for an all inclusive hotel and very large measures. The beach is definitely worth a visit, it was very shallow and clean.
Now the down side:- Everything costs extra = from the sports like Tennis, Table Tennis, Squash etc to the Jacuzzi and Sauna. The only free activities were those that were organised sessions by the hotel. During our stay, which was out of season and for 1 week only, there were four organised sessions a day and during the week we were there they had 2 days off!
It was very noisy at night, even though they have signs up everywhere asking for people to leave the bar quietly after midnight. Someone complained whilst we were there and they were told there's not much the hotel could do as the security guards aren't there any more as they are coming to the end of the season.
The food was another issue. The best meal of the day was breakfast, with plenty of choice and it also seemed to be the warmest. The snacks were burgers, fries, chicken nuggets and occassionally pizza (these were all luke warm if you were lucky), although didn't taste too bad, also at the snack area you could get salad, tuna and fruit - we opted for this choice on several occasions. The lunch and dinner in the buffet restaurant was the same. Starters consisted of soup, unless you helped yourself to smaller portions of the main course. Take no notice of what soup it is because it all tasted the same - like dish water. The main course was ALWAYs pasta with a sauce, a rice dish of some description and chips - once they had jacket potatoes. There was always fish of some description and a meat something and some sort of veg, although the salads were probably a better option, as the majority of the time the food was cool - there are no heaters under the food, they just bring the trays out to the central reservation area and you help yourself from there. I couldn't fault the desserts, although by the end of the week, we were getting bored with them.
We went from 17-24 October and the weather was warm - we had 2 cloudy days which you couldn't sit by the pool,
All in all we usually go to 4 star accommodation and this is a typical example of you get what you pay for.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank licallum
ricardeix, e-commerce at Eix Lagotel, responded to this review, November 2, 2011
Hola
Thanks for your review, positive words and less possitive words are both very heñpfull for us.
Your last sentence is very right.
Best regards
OLA Hotel Maioris
OLA Hotel Maioris
#1 of 48 in El Arenal
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,252 reviews

Been to Eix Lagotel? Share your experiences!