We are a family of 2 adults and 2 teenagers and this is the first time we have booked independently (which considering we would do again). We chose this place for a break in the autumn sun, but wanted somewhere which had facilities for our 2 teenage boys.
On the good side the hotel room was plenty spacious enough for our family of 4, we had a lovely view overlooking the lake amd the boys were in a small room sectioned off our room which gave some privacy. The hotel grounds and pool areas were very clean and the staff were friendly enough. People couldn#t reserve sun beds as the pools were actually locked up until 10 am. The drink choice was also good for an all inclusive hotel and very large measures. The beach is definitely worth a visit, it was very shallow and clean.
Now the down side:- Everything costs extra = from the sports like Tennis, Table Tennis, Squash etc to the Jacuzzi and Sauna. The only free activities were those that were organised sessions by the hotel. During our stay, which was out of season and for 1 week only, there were four organised sessions a day and during the week we were there they had 2 days off!
It was very noisy at night, even though they have signs up everywhere asking for people to leave the bar quietly after midnight. Someone complained whilst we were there and they were told there's not much the hotel could do as the security guards aren't there any more as they are coming to the end of the season.
The food was another issue. The best meal of the day was breakfast, with plenty of choice and it also seemed to be the warmest. The snacks were burgers, fries, chicken nuggets and occassionally pizza (these were all luke warm if you were lucky), although didn't taste too bad, also at the snack area you could get salad, tuna and fruit - we opted for this choice on several occasions. The lunch and dinner in the buffet restaurant was the same. Starters consisted of soup, unless you helped yourself to smaller portions of the main course. Take no notice of what soup it is because it all tasted the same - like dish water. The main course was ALWAYs pasta with a sauce, a rice dish of some description and chips - once they had jacket potatoes. There was always fish of some description and a meat something and some sort of veg, although the salads were probably a better option, as the majority of the time the food was cool - there are no heaters under the food, they just bring the trays out to the central reservation area and you help yourself from there. I couldn't fault the desserts, although by the end of the week, we were getting bored with them.
We went from 17-24 October and the weather was warm - we had 2 cloudy days which you couldn't sit by the pool,
All in all we usually go to 4 star accommodation and this is a typical example of you get what you pay for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A complex comprising hotel and apartments in the Platja de Muro, situated next to the natural park of s’Albufera. The park is formed by grassy areas, dunes and salt marshes and is of great ornithological and scenic value, and is surrounded by two gardens of approximately 200m² each with a lake and jetty. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Hotel.de so you can book your Eix Lagotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lagotel Hotel Playa De Muro
- Lagotel Alcudia
- Lagotel Majorca
- Eix Lagotel Playa De Muro, Majorca