I stayed here with my partner and my 2 children along with 14 other family members.
Lets start with the rooms, they where nice and spacious. Clean and the maid service was very good. Normally in the past when we have gone self catering we have had to hire kettle, but there was one in the room along with a microwave!!
The restaraunt: we only ate here on 2 occasions, once at breakfast and once in the evening. I was not that impressed by the food. It wasnt very warm and i ended up eating a salad after trying 2 of the dishes. My children did not like the food at all and had to end up buying them something else afterwards. Bear in mind though we only ate there on these 2 occasions and maybe it was better on other nights. Somebody else staying there who we got talking to said they had eaten there nearly every morning and evening and said it was wounderful.
The pool area wasnt to bad. On the brochure the picture of the pool was quite misleading. (we booked with portland). The pool appeared to be quite large on the pictures but in reality it was not that big. Theres a small shallow pool for small children then a larger one which does go quite deep. There was plenty of sun loungers all though if you didnt get there early you couldnt get a good spot.(some areas round the pool where in the shade by late afternoon).
The kids club: what kids club!! absolutly rubbish, that consisted if the same guy trying to get people to join in games round the pool area. Never saw anything else going on!
All the staff where friendly, polite and helpful. Especially the barman Manuel, he never seemed to have any time off!
The location of the apartments we thought was good for the beach but not so good if you used to livelier resorts with plenty to do for the kids. Theres only a handful of pubs and restaurants to choose from. My kids where bored senseless at night. The only place which was ok was the oasis across the road. It had a big play area with trampolines, mini golf, small go carts and a huge blow whale. Be warned though that you have to pay for all these so to keep your kids entertained costs a fair bit. The entertainment at the oasis was fairly good, beatles tributes, elvis tributes, etc. There is a few other pubs that are nice to eat in but have no entertainment. After saying all this though, the bus service is very good and for just over 1 euro each you can to main alcudia or go the other way and go to c'an picafort. Both these resorts are much livelier.
The best part about the holiday was the beach, gorgeous!! Lovely clear blue water, slopes in gently so perfect for kids. Plenty of sunloungers, we spent most of our days there.
Overall quite a good holiday, its what you make of it afterall! Dont think i would go back to the alcudia suite, but would definatly would go to stay in alcudia or c'an picafort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated 200m to beach across main road. Apartments & studios: Lounge with 2 sofa beds, kitchen, bathroom. Heating/ air-conditioning. Direct dial telephone. Satellite TV. Terrace / balcony. Apartments bedrooms have twin beds. Sport & leisure: Swimming pool with children's pool. Table tennis. Children's playground. Miniclub. Evening shows. Gastronomy: Lounge bar with terrace. Snack bar restaurant. Varied breakfast buffet. Special services: Babysitting service on request. Car, bike and motorbike rental. Excursions with Grupotel Natur. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grupotel Alcudia Suite reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grupotel Alcudia Hotel Playa De Muro
- Grupotel Alcudia Suite Hotel
- Grupotel Alcudia Suite Playa De Muro, Majorca