This hotel worked perfectly for myself and two children. The pool areas gave them lots of entertainment, and the children's club staff were very welcoming and did a great job of entertaining them with craft activities if you want it. The mini disco at 8pm each evening was very popular with younger kids too. The pools are clean and there were plenty of comfy sunbeds.
The hotel provide pool towels, but these can only be changed every other day. I know this is environmentally friendly....but it does mean that some days you start the day with a wet towel. The indoor pool is really small, so wouldn't be a stand-by for more than about 4 people if the weather wasn't good.
We went all-inclusive, which was good value, and meant the children could help themselves from a freezer of ice-creams, or order a drink, without me having to think all the time about how much we were spending, it was all paid up-front. There was loads of choice at breakfast and evening meals, which they kept interesting by having theme nights...Mexican, tapas,desserts....which were in addition to the choice of fish, meats, pasta etc. At lunchtime we could order a meal from either the pool bar (salads, burger, sandwich, fish) or from the TexMex restaurant, both waiter service.
The beach is only a few minutes walk away, and is a nice long sandy beach, but the area around the hotel isn't interesting at all, just a series of car-hire shops, Spars, and beach accessory shops.
Go to Viva Blue for a family hotel holiday in the sun, but not if you are looking for any experience of Majorca outside of the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the shopping district, just 200 m from Playa de Muro’s magnificent beach, and close to the S’Albufera Natural Park, Viva Blue is the perfect base for a fabulous family or couples’ holiday in the north of Majorca. It is ideal for families with children as it offers a complete array of amenities: swimming pool with water games and Pirate Boat, and an exciting entertainment program, including activities and dancing in the mini-disco. Couples, meanwhile, can enjoy an exclusive getaway and relax in the harmony of our elegant chill-out pool. It comprises facilities which are perfectly adapted for sports lovers and particularly suitable for triathletes. It includes a heated 25-metre outdoor pool, with 6 2-metre lanes. It also boasts a fully equipped gym And a fully equipped, new store/repair shop for cyclists makes it great for sports lovers too. Moreover, the hotel organises excursions with a guide. Our Balneum Spa & Wellness Center offer an even wider range of services to our customers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Viva Blue & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Viva Blue Hotel Playa De Muro
- Viva Blue Playa De Muro
- Viva Blue & Spa Playa De Muro, Majorca