“Good location, excellant beach”

Hotel Playa Esperanza
Ranked #20 of 30 Hotels in Playa de Muro
Reviewed May 4, 2012 via mobile

Good hotel, food excellant. Pool cold. Very few english guests, mostly german. Not much English spoken by reception staff, Beds uncomfortable.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank p4travel
esperanzahoteles, Director Comercial at Hotel Playa Esperanza, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2012

Thanks for your comentar, if you found the beds uncomfortable you should have spoken with the reception, we have oder kind of mattress which could d be better for you.

Best regads.
Esperanza Team

Reviewed October 15, 2011

I arrived after midnight I was pleasantly surprised to be advised Supper had been set up for me in the dining room. Although I had booked a single room, I had been allocated a double on the first floor. I had a reasonable nights sleep but was very aware of the noise of the air conditioning unit nearby. When I looked out in the morning, I found that I overlooked the service area at the side of the hotel. I asked to change room by was advised by reception that I had been given a double room and I had only paid for a single and to think carefully before deciding. Single rooms were a lot smaller and overlooked the road. I did not see the point in entering into further discussion so I settled for the double room although I was to be further disappointed because the balcony had no light. If the entertainment is not to my taste I like to be able to sit and read with a glass of wine on the balcony, I overcame this problem by buying candles.
Just because a person is a single traveller, I do not think they should be penalised. Why should they make do with noise and a limited view.
Apart from the room, I was very pleased with the standard of everything else at this hotel. The food was very good and the staff very pleasant and being in such close proximity to the beach was wonderful.
I love the Alcudia/Playa De Muro area and the beaches, so I will probably return.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
8  Thank hmg1954
Reviewed October 6, 2011

This is the second time we've been to this hotel and it didn't disappoint! The staff even remembered us. They were very professional and new their jobs. The food was amazing, so much so that we were spoilt for choice. If there was a down side it was that we didn't hear another English voice, not that it bothered us. We just had fun watching them try to block themselves off from stopping anyone sitting near them. I was very impressed that they cater for the disabled. I noticed that they had a seat in the swimming pool that lifts a disabled person in and out of the pool if it's needed. They had disabled aids delivered to the reception for people who needed them. I was very impressed with this service even though I'm able bodied. We'll be back again next year!

Room Tip: Ask for one higher up. We overlooked the sea which had lovely view. The down side was that on the...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank 44bas
Reviewed September 25, 2011

a nice hotel but i think we had a not so great experience, the hotel is in a great posistion on the beach, the area around is quite quite with some restaurants and lots of souvinier shops, which many looked quite tacky. As we are young couple we had to get a taxi to find somewhere more lively. I went with my boyfriend and we are both 21 and this hotel was not for our age group, we got stared at constantly by other guests, for whatever reason, maybe they knew we were english because most were german. we felt very uncomfortable walking to the bar as we got stared at all the way to our seats, this happened on a regular basis and quite annoying so we didnt stay there at night.

The hotel itself is clean and well presented although i was quite dissapointed with our room, it was in the main hotel and was very dated, this may have been the one of last ones to be updated as i seen other rooms which looked much better. The beds were very hard and the bedside tabes were not fitted properly as you could pull panels off them. plugs were in ridiculus places beside the bed and not around the dressing table. there was one which was for the lamp which i used for my hairdryer ect, but half way through the holiday it suddenly stopped working so had to use the ones by the besd which was very awkward.
had a large balcony but looked out on the shops but was still ok. would of prefered a apartmentas you get a fridge and cooking facilities if you get hungry. there is room service which said was from 6pm till 10pm in the information pack. we phoned at 9pm as we were peckish and got told is was closed, we explained that it said till 10 but they just refused. either they havnt updated the pack or they just couldnt be bothered.
The batroom was nice it was new and well finished and had a lovely walk in shower but we had an ant infestation, hundreds of them. i left a glass with some drink beside my bed one night and woke up to find itt was covered in ants, which i had been sleeping next to.

when we first arrived the reception staff were friendly but we were given no information whatsoever apart from dinner times, for example we had no idea if we could purchase beach towels or where to go.

on a better note the bar a dining staff work very hard and are very efficient, and always try to be friendly, there was a large selection of food lots of fish, hot and cold, the food was cooked really well too, the chefs are there constantly cooking fresh food, sometimes you forget there there but realise how hard they work.

overall wouldnt go again as a young couple, great for families and older couples though and would reccomend to them.

Room Tip: try and stay in apartments as the hotel rooms are small and some are dated.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sunandsandandsea
Reviewed September 11, 2011

First of all, let me say that this location is perfect for young families. The water is shallow and calm, there's a beach as well as a swimming pool (even wading pool for smaller toddlers). There is a pretty good entertainment group catering to young children. The apartments are perfect, a 1 bdrm w living room can easily fit a family of four. The all you can eat breakfast and dinner makes it very convenient and affordable. That being said, I was there to get away from it all, not listen to whining, crying toddlers. I was surprised to have to listen to so many unhappy children. However, my husband and I drove further down the coast and went to another beach with less children (or at least happier ones).

The food was okay, but the wine selection (you have to pay for all your drinks at dinner) was very expensive and not that great. I was disappointed there. There was a great selection of foods, but no real Mallorcan type meals. It would have been great if the hotel partnered with local wineries and offered them (at affordable prices), and provided specialty dishes highlighting the culture of the island. The entertainment for adults (after the 8pm children's singing/dancing hour) catered to the very old. No hip energizing or culturally significant events. Could do a lot better in that arena.

We were given an apartment (instead of a hotel room) which was a mixed blessing. I enjoyed having the extra space, but was also disturbed by young screaming children playing up and down the halls unattended. The rooms were clean, fake parque floors, typical resort furniture (hardy oak, but not inspiring). The beds were miserably uncomfortable, the pillows dreadfully flat and lumpy. The towels were large, but not fluffy, which was fine since we needed them to dry quickly. Would have been nice if the maid service replaced the soap, we used ours until we had nothing left, and it was never replaced. The water pressure was great, but the water temperature fluctuated, and we could never figure out why. So we were alternately scalded and frozen in a split second before it going back to lukewarm. The room service was okay but they start way too early in the morning for a resort. I should like to sleep in past 7am, but with the maids chattering loudly, blasting music, and banging furniture around, there was just no sleeping in on my vacation.

There was a small supermarket in the apartment building which was nice. Easy to pick up a bottle of water or some snacks to munch on at the beach, or sunscreen if you've forgotten it. Also they have an air pump there for those inflatable rafts or other toys. Make sure you show your room key to get a 5% discount. The hotel offers beach towels (pick up at the spa) with a 15euro deposit each. Make sure to keep the receipt or your deposit won't be returned. There is also an indoor swimming pool, jacuzzi and sauna, but we didn't use any of it since the beach and outdoor swimming pool was so much more inviting. I poked my head into the "gym" area but it was VERY small. a few machines right on top of each other. I'd suggest you run/walk on the beach or rent bicycles instead. (The area is very flat and makes it easy for bicycle riding). On the beach they have volleyball area, and umbrellas w lounge chairs. Apparently there is a charge for usage of the umbrella/chairs, which is pretty disappointing if you're with the hotel. There is also windsurfing and other types of lessons you can take right there on the beach.

Overall a good place, and I would recommend it to any family w kids, but not sure I'd go back again personally.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank TandCfromHawaii
Reviewed September 7, 2011

This year was our second return and same as the last time this hotel provided excellent service. The even remembered me from the last visit. I was overwhelmed by the entire place, the beach being a few steps away, the food every morning and evening something delicious and different. We stayed ten days and I tell you we tried everything we possibly could from the windsurfing to the one day excursions. Everything with this hotel was right at your fingertips. The whole island is worth something to be desired. We got our money's worth for this trip, the indoor and outdoor pools were excellent. I didn't have iron with me for pressing but it didn't matter as they will send them off for pressing. If you ever wish to get away for relaxing without all the busyness this the place to go. I swear you will enjoy your time there. We had such a good time we will be returning again in Sepember. Happy Days!!!!

• Stayed: September 2011
2  Thank Deb722
Reviewed August 16, 2011

I booked this hotel through Asda holidays, two single rooms and one double. We were offered a suite instead of the singe rooms and it was superb. Our 18 and 21 year old children had a room each with independent air conditioning. Huge bathroom and overlooking the sea. The double room was also excellent overlooking the front of the hotel.
The rooms were very clean and were cleaned to a hgh standard every day. The staff everywhere in the hotel were excellent, very helpful and efficient.
Now the food, we booked half board and every day for breakfast and dinner there was good food for all tastes. Champagne for breakfast, and a buffet breakfast you just could not believe, every taste catered for. Good quality too. Dinner was buffet with a waitress at the table to order drinks and to clear the dishes away. Very efficient and just nice. the selection for dinner was superb, so many different dishes it was difficult to choose and the quality was excelent.

The grounds within the hotel were lovely with lots of loungers. Although the hotel asks that these are not 'booked' we found every morning that many were already taken with a towel. However we always found loungers to use later in the morning.

Lots of different nationalities, mainly spanish, german and british.

the sea was great and the sand very clean, we never saw any rubbish on the beach.

A great place to spend a relaxing holiday. We also hired 50cc scooters for the day 200 yards or so along the road and had a great day our on them.

Room Tip: Not a noisy hotel, mainly families and couples (young and older) Front of hotel rooms quiet as doub...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family