Hi, we've been to this hotel 5 years on the trot now, starting off as 10 days, then 11 and this year a 12 day stay (4th-16th aug) - 30-35 degrees and just 20 mins of rain.
I've been reading the reviews below and the positive ones are all quite realistic. Simon_FMadrid review is thorough and true, in fact i can picture him and his family in the hotel restaurant. BillyBrush also is true, i can picture Billy and have bumped into him in the past but our paths didn't cross this year - Hello Billy !!
Anyway, there is a great friendly atmosphere at this hotel, it ticks the boxes for my family which includes the location and the fantastic beach nearby.
The rooms are basic and could do with some tarting up, they haven't changed in the 5 years we've been there but they are fine in all honesty, you spend a minimum of time in the room really. My only comment on the hotel feedback this year was that one of our plugs was a little loose, which isn't that safe, so i'd wish they'd keep on top of that. But if you do have any issues they sort them out straight-away, from changing rooms (which we did one year), to this year's broken shower head (which was replaced within a couple of hours).
I agree with the comments about the kids club, it's no way anything like a proper kids club at a bigger hotel, just a few activities dotted throughout the day (Friday's is their normal day off i think). My 7 year old wasn't interested in any of the art/craft activities - he just wanted to swim all day - but he did join in the water balloon games. I think the adult activities are more enticing, ping pong compy, rifle shooting, darts, water-polo and Sjorbeck (sorry wrong spelling). The kids have a mini-disco each night at 9pm for 30mins or so, and there's normally some entertainment at 10pm for an hour or so. The entertainment ranges from a magic show, animal/reptile show, singers, dancers,karaoke. Good enough to watch if you're staying at the hotel for the whole evening, which we do some nights but we also get out to some of the other bars. One i'd recommend for those with younger children is the Oasis bar/restaurant (out hotel turn right and walk along the strip for 10 mins), this place has a huge bouncy castle whale €3.50 per child for whole evening / bungee jump €5 10mins or so but longer if no queue).
Breakfast is great, you must at least book B&B and you'll get your day of to a fulfilling start. Toast, hams, tomatoes, cheeses, jams/choc spread, croissants, choc pastry, Spanish cakes, rolls, eggs (scrambled, boiled, fried), bacon, beans (not heinz but they're OK!!), spicy sausage/frankfurter, cereals (only sugar puffs ok, cornflakes/coco pops are poor - my 7 yr old takes a set of the breakfast cereals from home), milk is fine, prunes/dates, nuts, yoghurt, fruit, tea, coffee, hot chocolate, choc nesquick, water, fruit juice... phew - you can see why adults don't need lunch!!
Talking of which, rooms have a kitchenette with toaster, so lunch means come back to the room and feeds the kids toast and jam (bread, butter, jam from Spar is reasonable and lasts in the fridge). This keeps them ticking over until the evening meal. Take your coffee from home, bit expensive to buy there.
Evening meal is good, a little functional, and not as exciting as breakfast for me. There's soup (pea, asparagus, tomato to name a few, some better than others), salad bar (toms, lettuce, onion, beetroot, peppers, carrot and more), dips/sauces, pickles, olives, savoury pies, pizza (normally cheese/tom), chips / other potato, 1 meat dish / 1 fish dish, 3 veg (from frozen i think), from brussels, carrots, green beans, peas, sweetcorn. spaghetti, meat sauce or tomato sauce, grated cheese, melon / fruit, tubs of ice-cream (supplier changed this year, less choice and not as nice as previous), sauces (choc/ strawberry, caramel), toppings, profiteroles, jelly (i had loads in the 12 days!!), pastry and other cake type desserts. Meat dish can be a little hit or miss. Hits are the garlic chicken drumsticks, chicken breast, pork ribs, misses are the stews / veal). Fish is great BUT it's not fillet - you have to earn it by ensuring you avoid the bones but the rewards are always tasty.
Both breakfast and evening meals have the food topped up throughout services, so there's always food available. Only criticism of the restaurant is they are a little over zealous with the air-con - had to ask for it to be turned down once and i like a cool room!!
All staff are helpful and pleasant and will stop to chat with you. I can't remember all their names but Mari on reception and Roli runs the bar, they been there each year i have and the hotel manager Maria.
I think the first couple of years we went we were B&B because we liked eating out in the local restaurants, but prices have risen and half board is a good way of keeping a check on your costs. We thought we might skip a restaurant meal and eat out one night (i do like a t-bone steak which you certainly don't get at the hotel) but we never got round to it...
The swimming pool is a nice size, there are normally beds available at any point of the day. I did notice this year that there was a lot of reserving going on and all nationalities doing it (british/irish, german, russian, swedish). A good mix of people normally and [mostly] the men all come together at the ping pong / rifle shooting competitions to get the nod over each other...
This area is more family orientated, you don't see many lads or lasses on their hols, there's no night clubs, just bars and restaurants, many supermarkets and nik-nak shops. (sun cream expensive €20 for a brand, €10 for non-brand).
The beach is 5mins over the road - it's fantastic. the beach is deep but does get busy but just go to the left or right and you'll soon find a free spot. Now my youngest is old enough we did two great beach walks (ambles). to the left is Alcudia port, a 45min walk/60mins amble and you're there. to the right 45 mins and you'll reach reach Alcudia pins. Either way, grab a beer, ice-cream and head back again. Jeez, i wish i was back there now...
The beach is shallow, you can walk out 50/60 meters before you have to swim, great for young kids.
There are some great beach bars with reasonable priced beer and you can get a cheese pizza for €6 to tick you over till dinner.
Back at the hotel, Ice creams and beers are a little expensive, but the outside shop 30secs from the pool is cheaper. the hotel must realise this, why they don't drop their prices to match i don't know.
Free wi-fi in the bar, but €4 a day if you want it in your room.
The nearby waterpark is adequate, €22 adult, €15 for kids. Book beforehand in nearby car-rental type places and you can get a free bus to the park and back (only realised that this year - doh!!). Buy a ticket the day before so you can book the timeslot on the bus you want.
We always book a room with a bedroom for us and the kids have the sofa beds (they're more beds than sofas). They sleep like a log in them - i always have to crash around in the morning to wake them up. We seem to always get single beds in our bedroom so have to push them together. Air-con in the room is fine, there's always hot water, never had an issue in 5 years. There a safe you can hire in the room, but i've never bothered any year.
The TV isn't great but you're not there to watch tv. This year we had bbc 1 london and bbc world but i know it varies from room to room somehow...
The rooms are clean, though you can get the odd ant. you can have clean towels when you want, they'll replace if you leave in the bath. no cleaning on wed/sat but i think they still empty the kitchen bin. They mop the floor and make the beds - that's enough for me.
Wow, not sure what else to say now, no doubt we'll go back next year. I'm not sure we'll make 10 years like Billy below, either adults or kids will fancy a change before then but i know i'll miss it if i don't go...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- IN GENERAL: The 3 key complex HSM Lago Park offers fully equipped studios and apartments, it is a perfect choice for couples and families with children looking for comfort and good service at a reasonable price. Family and customer oriented atmosphere, as well as its location in Playa de Muro very close o the beach, makes the complex even more popular among tourists. The hotel opens from May to October. LOCATION: The hotel HSM Lago Park is situated in Playa de Muro, only 150 m away from a beautiful and sandy beach, the longest one in Majorca. Playa de Muro is part of Alcudia Bay, 8,5 km long, that begins in C'an Picafort and ends in Puerto de Alcudia. It is situated in the north east of the island, 52 km from Palma de Mallorca and 58 km from the airport. It is one of the most attractive resorts of Majorca, with its extensive and calm beaches, a perfect place for families with small children. It offers idyllic naturals spots, such as Natural Park of Albufera. Being one of the most important resorts, Alcudia Bay offers uncountable attractions: shops, bars, restaurants, water park "Hidropark", possibility to practice sports outdoors, where water sports and cycling stand out among others. Many cyclists choose this area thanks to its incredibly attractive cycling routes that offer different levels and also spectacular views. Golf lovers can also enjoy their favourite sport, the golf course Golf Aucanada is situated only 8 km away and it is one of the most modern and impressive golf courses of Majorca. The hotel offers good connections with the most interesting attractions and the bus stop is only 50 m away. ROOMS: The hotel offers comfortable studios and apartments, decorated in a traditional majorcan way. All rooms (both studios and apartments) with bathroom, air conditioning or heating, safety deposit box (extra charge), telephone, WIFI (extra charge), satellite TV and balcony. Roomy apartments consist of a bedroom and a living room with equipped kitchen. Studios offer a living room combined with a kitchen, equally equipped as apartments, but without a separate bedroom and with a sofa bed. NEW 2014: Refurbished PREMIUM APARTMENTS, following the latest tendencies in decoration, offer fresher & modern look, as well as more comfort and quality to be able to make the most of the apartments. They offer microwave and flat screen TV. Bathroom, also refurbished, with a shower and hairdryer. GASTRONOMY: The hotel offers self catering, bed & breakfast or half board (breakfast & dinner). The restaurant with a wide selection of hot and cold dishes, big variety of desserts and fruit, all served in buffet. Thematic buffets. Drinks in half board are not included in the price (dinner). FACILITIES: The complex consists of 2 buildings, there is the reception and restaurant in the main one. In each building there is a swimming pool for adults, with a separate area for children, terrace with sunbeds and sunshades. Bar service at the pool.Indoor bar. Spacious and comfortable common areas, games room. CHILDREN: The hotel offers for children: swimming pool, playground and mini club. Also available baby cots and high chairs in the restaurant, at no extra cost. ADITIONAL SERVICES: 24/7 reception. WIFI in common areas (no extra charge), WIFI in hotel rooms (extra charge), Internet corner (extra charge). Rent a car and rent a bike. We accept the following credit cards: Master Card, Visa. SPORT AND ENTERTAINMENT: Daytime and evening entertainment, shows or live music various times per week. Billiards (extra cost) and table tennis in the complex. Possibility to practice sports in the area. From 2014 the hotel HSM Lago Park also offers services specialised in cycling tourism with a room for storage, maintenance and cleaning of bicycles, as well as the information of the cycling routes, rent a bike, etc. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your HSM Lago Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apartamentos Hsm Lago Park Hotel Playa De Muro
- HSM Lago Park Playa De Muro, Majorca