Stayed recently at the hotel on a half board basis. On arrival, the hotel looks impressive. The staff on the reception were very friendly and saw to our luggage straight away. We were checked in and offered a complimentary drink, which was a nice touch. Most of the hotel staff were extremely helpful and polite.
Our room was a suite without a sea view. It was on the rear of the hotel and next to the main road so we were a little concerned initially.However, we neednt have worried as there was little noise from the road and the balconies got the sun all afternoon, which was great in the evening.
The suite was large as you'd expect with a separate living area with kitchenette. The bathroom was also spacious with a bath and a separate walk in shower. Beds were comfortable. Rooms were always cleaned to a very high standard.
Pool area was very good. Decent sized pool with plenty area for sunbathing. Lots of sunbeds set around the pool with cover and some without. The beach is literally a stone's through away via a short path from the pool area.
Restaurant was pleasant and never seemed to get too busy. Plenty of choice on the buffet style menu each night so I never went hungry.
Our room was a little tired and dated. The kitchen must have been from the 80's and was not something you would expect of a 5 star hotel. The balcony had also seen better days as it was crumbling in certain areas. Not a major problem, but when you pay 5 star prices you expect 5 star facilities.
Minor annoyances were having to ask for items that should be in the room as standard such as an iron, tea and coffee facilities and having to pay for a safe. Electrics blew a few times when using the iron. Fortunately I was able to sort it by accessing the fuse box. Only 2 English speaking channels on the TV. Not a great problem for me, but could be an issue for others.
Food was in the main good, but not 5 star fantastic. There was sufficient choice, but a lot of the time, the food was unadventurous and safe. I understand buffet menu's can be like this,, but this is supposed to be 5 star..... it should be amazing.
The hotel entertainment was certainly not 5 star but I guess no hotel entertainment ever is.
The location of the hotel is ideal for the beach, but not so much the main part of the resort though there is a very good local bus service which runs every 15 mins past the hotel.
Playa de Muro is relatively quiet and didnt appear to have much going on. There were a limited amount of restaurants and very few bars. A journey up the coast to Old Town Alcudiia, Puerto Alcudia and Puerto Pollensa revealed much more. All of which were very nice.
In summary, the hotel is a good hotel with friendly staff and a great location. The hotel is advertises itself as a five star hotel, but I feel it falls short in a few areas. I gave it a three because four represents very good. Because of the money we paid and the expectancy we had, It was somewhere between average and good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Be Live Collection Palace de Muro is a modern resort for families and business people in Playa de Muro, Majorca. This hotel has direct access to the beach and is just 5 kilometers from the center of Alcudia. A perfect choice for those who want a beach holiday where they can relax with wellness & spa in northern Majorca. At the Be Live Collection Palace de Muro you can find nature, fine dining, sports and relaxation. This hotel has the ISO 14001 Certification, as a result of its effective environmental management system. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with World Independent Hotel Promotion, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Be Live Collection Palace de Muro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Be Live Grand Palace De Muro Hotel Playa De Muro
- Be Live Collection Palace De Muro Playa De Muro, Majorca