1,040 results
All reviewsfive star hotelpool areabeach chairsclose walk to the beachbicycle rentaltasting foodside sea viewper dayhotel lobby iscost eurbeautiful beachnight showsbuffet breakfasthousekeeping teamspanish foodwelcome drinkexcellent hotel
Reviewed October 27, 2011

With a group of 35 people we had a business meeting at Be Live Grand Palace de Muro
(Oct. 21 - Oct 23)

From the warm welcome until the 'good bye, see you again' the members of Be Live Grand Palace de Muro have showed great care and enthusiasm to make our meeting a success.
Hotel accommodation, meeting room + facilities, restaurant, bar and all other hotel facilities where above expectations.

Special recommendation & thanks to Javier Adrover from the Public Relations dept of Be Live Grand Palace de Muro
His attention for details and personal engagement have been very much appreciated by us. He made it happen.

Looking forward coming again to Be Live Grand Palace de Muro

Enno Sikkema

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 26, 2011

I organised a lot of meetings in a lot of countries and this was by far the best venue we ever been to. The support from the hotel staff was excellent. Both before the event (the organisation of it all requires a lot of communication with the hotel) as during our stay. As Javier (PR of the hotel) said beforehand: "Everything is possible at the palace", and he was right. All my colleagues (a group of 35 people) were very positive about the event: the location, the hotel, the food, the massages, the rooms and the meeting room. And I know from experience that it is pretty difficult to have 35 happy and positive participants.
As the organiser, I am usually under lots of stress during these events. While everybody 'relaxes' in the meetingroom, I am running around to make sure everything gets done as planned. But this time I could also relax. Javier was at the hotel 24/7 (or so it seemed) and whenever I asked for him, he was there within 30 seconds. Ofcourse all our scheduled coffee breaks and lunches had to be delayed by 10 minutes to 1,5 hour and this was never a problem. I even was able to go out for shopping on one of the afternoons, while my colleagues were having the meeting. This never happened before.

If you are looking for a beautiful 5 star hotel at a location where many airlines fly to from all over Europe, near the beach, with restaurant (breakfast, lunch, dinner), spa and meeting room facilities (beamer, flipovers, coffee breaks, etc), I can surely recommend you 'The Palace'. But I also hope I will be able to visit them some day with my husband and daughter, as I am sure they will love it too. And I heard many of my colleagues say that they would like to go here again with their families. Our company will hopefully have another meeting here again in May.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank JK-NL
Reviewed September 28, 2011

Our family have been going to Palace De Muro every year for over 9 years, so I thought it was a good idea to reflect our views about it! The hotel offers complete relaxation for all the family. The Hotel is located in a lovely peaceful area, only a few minutes away though from Alcudia & C'an Picafort which are 2 livelier resorts if that's what you are after for the evening. Palace De Muro is on a large plot, but with only 140+ double rooms & suites,so even when it is at it's busiest (which is most of the time!) it is always spacious. We keep coming back to this hotel quite simply because the staff are completely brilliant.....the Spanish love their children & families & this is so reflected with the way they treat their guests.
Sometimes there are a few problems that crop up which the staff quite happily resolve. Food is always good, breakfast & Dinner offer just about everything.(Expect to gain a few pounds in weight!!!The food is that good!) If there was a slight criticism breakfast can be geared up slightly towards the Germans. The German sausages are fine, but definitely not as good as the English sausage! Entertainment at night is mixed, singers, dancers & magicians. We don't go for this particularily, but they are quite a relaxing part of the holiday & the children love them! (Any excuse for a late night!)
It's a moments walk to the beach if you like the sand & sea for the kids. Beautiful safe waters & lovely sands. It has a fabulous outdoor (& indoor) pool & plenty of space, with a well stocked bar & the usual friendly staff.
As a hotel it offers everything & we love it. It does need to keep working hard to develop new ideas for the hotel. Possibly things like more TV stations & more variable entertainment at night, (Casino night/race night/quiz night....potentially with prizes for the guests). Bedrooms probably need some work on the kitchens for the suites to keep them up with the best hotels on the island, but they are very acceptable & comfortable. We've been travelling to Majorca for 30 years & the hotel has to be one of the best on the island. There are still many staff that work at Palace de Muro who have been there formany of the years we have been going & that must say a lot about the whole hotel. It is a very friendly atmosphere.
Palace De Muro for at least 2 weeks of our year is like a second home to us! We love evrtything about it!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank CFBR
Reviewed September 24, 2011

After staying for 1 week at the Palace De Muro I decided to extend my holiday further as I
Found this hotel amazing.
The staff are so friendly and helpful with genuine smiles,nothing is to much trouble for them.
They made you feel so welcome,especially the assistant manager Havier.
The food was outstanding the choice and quality of the buffet was truly 5 star.
presentation of the food was amazing.
The hotel's location was perfect on the best stretch of Playa de Muro beach,swimming in the
Sea was a delight as the water was so so clear and very warm and the hotel's pool made a
Pleasant change from the beach .
We will definitely return to the Palace de Muro next year.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 24, 2011

Mainly pros, few cons-here we go!
Great location, immediately on the beach which is lovely and shallow with crystal clear water. Great restaurant right next door on immediate right as you leave the hotel-highly recommended.
Large hotel 5 star rating with good reception and friendly staff, clean rooms with marble bathrooms, cleaned daily and turn down service. Limited TV channels-but I'm not there to watch TV!! Bathroom freebees ok at best.

Having to pay to use the safe and wifi significantly detracts from a hotel claiming to be 5 star- BIg Con for me.

Big breakfast buffet with good choice, evening buffett was similarly big with a different theme each night and always had the usual kid friendly section which my kids loved!! paella always present and I loved it, the fish however was always cut too thin and consequently always overcooked, the meat tended to be undercooked-so just ask the chef to cook it a bit more if you like it well done-a good sign they would do that for you. The waiting staff always friendly and quick to bring drinks and take plates away. Always enjoyed the evening buffet!!

Evening entertainment was ok the chinese acrobats were great the guitarist singer poor the rest inbetween. Nothing much else around the hotel so was very quiet but thats what we liked and knew before we went so no problem for us.

So what about the cons? smell of sewage in the early evenings was rather bad and prevented going out onto the balcony. an ants nest was quickly killed on the first floor stairwell but all the dead bodies were left for over 24 hours before someone removed them. The last con was some of the other guests seemed to be so grumpy and miserable-no eye contact no smiles nothing but at least they were quiet!!

Two last good points- no floaties in the pool, but the pool boy would let the kids borrow anything to take to the beach and they were always brought back.

On check out we booked a room to have a shower and get changed-that was a nice touch.

Booked robinson catamaran cruise-excellent we all loved it-its a must do trip.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family