1,044 results
All reviewsfive star hotelpool areabeach chairsclose walk to the beachbicycle rentaltasting foodside sea viewper dayhotel lobby iscost eurbeautiful beachnight showsbuffet breakfasthousekeeping teamspanish foodwelcome drinkexcellent hotel
Reviewed September 24, 2011

After staying for 1 week at the Palace De Muro I decided to extend my holiday further as I
Found this hotel amazing.
The staff are so friendly and helpful with genuine smiles,nothing is to much trouble for them.
They made you feel so welcome,especially the assistant manager Havier.
The food was outstanding the choice and quality of the buffet was truly 5 star.
presentation of the food was amazing.
The hotel's location was perfect on the best stretch of Playa de Muro beach,swimming in the
Sea was a delight as the water was so so clear and very warm and the hotel's pool made a
Pleasant change from the beach .
We will definitely return to the Palace de Muro next year.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 24, 2011

Mainly pros, few cons-here we go!
Great location, immediately on the beach which is lovely and shallow with crystal clear water. Great restaurant right next door on immediate right as you leave the hotel-highly recommended.
Large hotel 5 star rating with good reception and friendly staff, clean rooms with marble bathrooms, cleaned daily and turn down service. Limited TV channels-but I'm not there to watch TV!! Bathroom freebees ok at best.

Having to pay to use the safe and wifi significantly detracts from a hotel claiming to be 5 star- BIg Con for me.

Big breakfast buffet with good choice, evening buffett was similarly big with a different theme each night and always had the usual kid friendly section which my kids loved!! paella always present and I loved it, the fish however was always cut too thin and consequently always overcooked, the meat tended to be undercooked-so just ask the chef to cook it a bit more if you like it well done-a good sign they would do that for you. The waiting staff always friendly and quick to bring drinks and take plates away. Always enjoyed the evening buffet!!

Evening entertainment was ok the chinese acrobats were great the guitarist singer poor the rest inbetween. Nothing much else around the hotel so was very quiet but thats what we liked and knew before we went so no problem for us.

So what about the cons? smell of sewage in the early evenings was rather bad and prevented going out onto the balcony. an ants nest was quickly killed on the first floor stairwell but all the dead bodies were left for over 24 hours before someone removed them. The last con was some of the other guests seemed to be so grumpy and miserable-no eye contact no smiles nothing but at least they were quiet!!

Two last good points- no floaties in the pool, but the pool boy would let the kids borrow anything to take to the beach and they were always brought back.

On check out we booked a room to have a shower and get changed-that was a nice touch.

Booked robinson catamaran cruise-excellent we all loved it-its a must do trip.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank jfrancombe
Reviewed June 23, 2011

Stayed here 3 nights after 4 nights in Palma. Nice beach, relaxed atmosphere, suite rooms very comfortable. Read prior reviews so was prepared for nickel-and-dime approach to extras ie Charges for internet, in room safe, etc. With that expectation, hotel was just fine. Awesome breakfast buffet.

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank CharlesA
Reviewed May 29, 2011

As a single parent, I stayed at this hotel for a week with my 3 children (aged 13 to 20) in May 2011.

Firstly, everything about the hotel was aok - we had no problems of any kind - my average rating only relates to whether I got value for money........it was probably as expected, hence 3 out of 5.

The staff were all polite, helpful, courteous, unpretentious and all spoke english. The housekeeping maids all seemed to be very professional.

Food ......we only had a bed and breakfast arrangement, but also ate one evening meal at the hotel. The breakfast buffet was as expected - as much or as little as you like - and was a reasonable standard but nothing too ornate, exciting or particularly memorable - it filled us all up, but, maybe for a 5 star hotel, I would have expected something a little more fancy. Nevertheless, there was a typical choice from cereals, fruit, cheeses, breads, pastries, full english, cold meats, dairy etc.

For our only evening meal, we had a buffet (I can't remember the cost exactly - but think it was approx 25 euros each) - it seemed good, and ok value - but, of course, buffets are only ever great value to big eaters.

The room........... I had booked two twin rooms. However, having arrived prior to the normal 3pm check in time, they were unable to give us rooms next to each other. So, without me asking, they instantly upgraded us to two suites at no extra charge - that was a nice touch and this reflected the good approach of all of the staff throughout our stay. I'm not sure, but think the suites would have cost me maybe another £300 - £400 so i was pleased to get something for nothing - BONUS!! Having said that, the suite was merely an extra room with a basic kitchenette (all tooled up with fridge, microwave, twin hob, cutlery, crockery & pans etc), a double rather than single balcony, and a small lounge area with a sofa, single chair and TV (only showing german & spanish programmes - the only english speaking station was the USA's CNN channel........oh dear!!). So - whilst we were upgraded to two suites at no extra charge, if I'd paid for them I probably wouldn't have felt it was good value.

The air-conditioned bedroom and bathrooms were comfortable, quiet and adequately roomy.

There were probably only two or three things that cheesed me off during my stay. Firstly, the hotel charges you for a room safe (3 euros per day). Also, they charge you for wifi, and their computer use, and, in the small games area there is a charge of 2 euros for each game of american pool, and there is also a charge for using their playstation game. In addition, whilst the hotel was on the beach, the beach section right in front of the hotel is occupied with sun loungers that cost 8 euros per day.

I have stayed at some great hotels where all of these items would have not cost anything extra at all - and it's a shame that these little items, all based on entertainment (or security) during your stay cost extra purely because the hotel wants to squeeze more out of your pocket. In particular, 3 euros per day for a room safe I felt was inappropriate at this calibre of hotel.

Hotel entertainment.......we stayed at the hotel for 6 nights and the hotel provided entertainment on only one night (a magician). It would have been good if they had maybe offered a little more entertainment but this may have been because it was early in the season and it didn't have that aura of other 'cheaper' hotels which are often geared towards providing nightly shows with perma-tanned rod stewart impersonators!!

Guests............the hotel was occupied chiefly by germans, and a few brits. A few young families but mainly middle aged to older couples (noting that it was not a school holiday week when I stayed).

The facilities........1 x outdoor table tennis table. 1 x indoor squash court (not great). 1 outdoor swimming pool and 1 pool for toddlers. As part of the spa, there is 1 small indoor pool (this can be used by all guests until 2pm, but only adults after 2pm), jacuzzi, steam room and spa. The steam room and spa were not always switched on in the evening. Also, a small gym room with a few free weights, treadmills, and some resistance eqpt.

Nice touch...........check out time is mid-day, however, we weren't flying until +10pm. So the staff kindly allowed us to use the facilities for the rest of the day, and gave us fresh towels. Also, a nice touch was that they gave us a room for 30 minutes to shower/freshen up and prepare our bits & bobs before we left to catch our flight.

The location..........it's right on the beach in a small resort just a couple of miles down the road from the busy resort of Alcudia. There is a very small supermarket almost next door. In addition, there is a hire car shop nearby. Other than that, the next batch of shops are a 15 or 20 minute walk away. The sandy beach is cleaned regularly and the sea is shallow for approx 150 metres - so good for young families. There were quite a few africans selling fake watches and sun glasses, along with asians offering massages whilst you lay on the beach. It is only 200 metres to walk to the entrance of the S'Albufera nature reserve (see separate review). No problem with mosquitos at all - provided during the evening you stay off the beach and keep your balcony door closed!!

Overall, it was a quiet, clean hotel with good staff. I wouldn't recommend the hotel to anyone who wants a boistrous, noisy or 'party-time' holiday as neither the hotel nor the location are geared towards this crowd. Similarly, whilst my 3 children (13, 17 & 20) enjoyed their stay, it was probably too quiet for them and they would have probably had a more stimulating time at a hotel / resort geared to their needs. The hotel had a slightly sterile feel to it .....I don't know why, but maybe something to do with its large and imposing size (I don't think the architect did a great job of planning the layout of the hotel), it was missing the sparky 'joie de vivre' that I always want on a holiday, and was maybe missing a few little individual touches that could have made the difference between being just ok or excellent (room flowers, a chocolate on the pillow rather than a 3 euro kitkat in the minibar fridge, more entertainment that enchants or amuses guests, & note my comments above re additional costs).

Still, it was relaxed, unpretentious, peaceful & ok value.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
7  Thank DBADevon
Reviewed February 18, 2011

They upgraded us to a lovely suite, that even had a kitchen which we didn't use.
The bathroom had a nice 8 spray shower, however the shampoo/soap plastic container stuck to the wall, was quite inapropriate for a 5* hotel.
The staff was polite, though they weren't too knowledgeable about restaurants, and locatiing places on the map.
The hotel was on the beach but the loungers and umbrellas in front of the hotel didn't belong to the them and had to be payed separately.
There was just one pool toilet, so many times there was a line of people waiting their turn.
Breakfast was just ok and the beach bar didn't have much to offer.
If you wanted to eat at a restaurant other than the hotel's, you needed to drive to Alcúdia, where you could find good restaurants and tapa bars.
I think this is a fine hotel for families with small kids.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple