“Amazingly different, beautifully peaceful”

and 1 more site!
Broomhill Art Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Muddiford B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Amazingly different, beautifully peaceful”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Stayed here just one night. Fantastic location and surroundings, with both the gardens and the gallery offering a wonderfully relaxing environment. Beautiful atmosphere and food in the evening. Couple of details lacking in the room but didn't distract from the stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Walton on the Hill, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 4, 2014

We stayed two nights at this incredible hotel. What an experience to walk around the sculpture garden which was full of surprises everywhere you looked. We got so hooked we felt inspired to buy a very expressive statue by Carol Peace which will take prime position in our modest garden.

The rooms in the hotel were also full of inspiring art paintings in different media some textiles and several lovely sculptures. Staff was very friendly and helpful my husband was using crutches at the time. Food was superb including those freshly baked crispy bisquits we had with our cup of tea.

Anna-Stina and Roger Ponsford

Anna-Stina Ponsford

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 28, 2014

My partner and I booked to stay here for one night but wish we had booked for more. To stay in this wonderful hotel is to be strongly recommended. From the minute we arrived to the minute we left the Staff and Owners could not have done anymore to make our stay better.

The hotel is set in amongst some absolutely stunning gardens with the most amazing sculptures set amongst them you could ever expect to see in a hotel in North Devon.

The room we had was stunning and HUGE like being in our own apartment, it was extremely comfortable and with all the home comforts and a bed big enough to sleep at least 4 people. There are the most amazing works of art and sculptures set amongst the hotel and a fabulous library to relax in.

Without doubt the best hotel in North Devon.

Room Tip: Ask for Room 5.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Cardiff
Reviewed June 20, 2014

I stayed for two weeks in this hotel and loved it. The owners are such lovely people, as are all the staff, the food really is superb - and unbelievably good value - and the rooms were clean, comfortable and stylish. Aside from the restaurant, the hotel itself has a lovely library and lounge area, and there is a lot of space to relax. The grounds are fantastic. I was made to feel so welcome there, and it really is a beautiful place. I stayed here for work, but I would visit again (and again) for a weekend away or holiday.

P.S It has a very good reputation amongst the locals. I have been working in Barnstaple and was recommended this hotel by people living in the area. Every person, without fail, who asked me where I was staying said how nice it was or how lucky I was when I told them Broomhill. They were so right!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
yorkshire, england
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Reaching the hotel front door took rather longer than expected due to me stopping every few metres to take a photograph of the amazing art sculptures that are placed in the wooded gardens. The hotel reception was manned by a young girl, who gave me a quick intro to the hotel before showing me my room. The room was clean and modern, I must say though that the bathroom was across the hallway, not a problem to me, my wife had packed my Jim jams.
The breakfast was freshly home cooked, and very nice. The hotel is perfect for touring Devon, as it's another world once in the grounds, highly recommend I paid £65 b & b

Room Tip: Any, although the front rooms have amazing views
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Meggo1709
Woolacombe, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Love this place so much, it's our favorite place to eat! We have been several times for breakfast, lunch , dinner and afternoon tea. The food is all home cooked, afternoon tea is a must! Everytime we go we get a warm welcome from the fantastic staff. An amazing place, can't wait for our next visit!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 1, 2014

If you want a pristine, disinfected, characterless hotel then this isn't for you. This establishment has a rustic charm about it that makes you feel immediately at home a sort of "come in and kick your shoes off" type of place. The staff are very friendly and nothing is too much trouble. The room we had was comfortable and, like the rest of the building, chocked full of original art works. Certainly no Ikea prints in every room here. The surroundings were lovely and peaceful and, if you stay, take some time to visit the gardens where there are some interesting and lovely sculptures. There is also a gallery within the hotel itself which is well worth a visit. We were visiting relatives in the evenings, so we didn't eat here except for breakfast, which was wholesome and delicious, especially the home made preserves.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the front of the house as these overlook the wonderful sculpture gardens.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Muddiford
Barnstaple Hotel
#1 of 4 in Braunton
Kentisbury Grange
Kentisbury Grange
#1 of 1 in Kentisbury

Been to Broomhill Art Hotel? Share your experiences!