Broomhill Art Hotel
$160
$136
Park Hotel(Barnstaple)
$101
Premier Inn Barnstaple Hotel(Barnstaple)(Great Value!)
$78
PremierInn.com
Travelodge Barnstaple Hotel(Barnstaple)(Great Value!)
$57
Varley House(Ilfracombe)
$110
$91
Travelocity
All reviewssculpture gardensmoked trouton displaybay windowthree course mealtapasfresh fruit saladnorth devonwonderful foodbirthday treatroom was largea real gemfull englishhotel restaurantpoached eggsan evening mealstayed for one night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 20, 2011

We have a couple of sculptures here but don't get to visit here as often as we would like to, but every time its always wonderful - our favourite place to stay for inspiration and relaxation. This visit was with friends to celebrate my husband's 60th birthday and we spent the whole weekend at Broomhill - despite the rainy weather - we enjoyed nipping out between showers to look at the sculpture and then warming up with delicious soup before venturing further to look again and decide on which work to vote for in their sculpture competition. Its so beautiful and comfortable at Broomhill that we feel at home, the art, (inside the hotel and out in the grounds) the lovely rooms, and the tasty food all contributed to our enjoyment. The staff were very helpful and accommodating - arranged a separate room for our celebration with a fantastic meal and a very special pudding - with indoor firework! All this made for a happy and memorable birthday.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 24, 2011

We have been a few times on a day trip to the sculpture gardens at broomhill. We went in july on a nice sunny day, the best day to go as its located in a wood so you dont want muddy feet.

Fantastic sculptures and a very relaxing afternoon. Take as long as you want to walk around and have a good look because there are lots of hidden statues etc all over the place. My favourite was the old tennis court with the metal statues, very nice but also very eerie.

We only had coffee and cake at the hotel which was nice enough, and the price to get in and walk about was in keeping for such places. Not really suitable for prams or elderly people, but great for kids to hide and have a mini adventure.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 22, 2011

We had a lovely stay here but it's such a shame that the breakfast is so small! It tasted great but I really don't think a plate of one egg, one tomato, one mushroom cut into slices and one piece of bacon cut into strips should count as a full English breakfast. Where's the sausages and beans? I felt a little cheated on the portion size as we had paid the bed and breakfast rate.

Apart from that everything was lovely so come on Broomhill sort out your breakfasts so your guests have the perfect stay!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 20, 2011

I was the odd one out of six who didn't rate this place. My starter was measly, a froth of trout which I couldn't spot, with three tired slices of smoked trout on a bed of salad. The others all seemed to have plenty on their plates! My main course of lamb shredded on a lentil salad was also pretty limited. They obviously take the advice on reducing your intake of red meat seriously here. I had four scraps (shreds?) one of which was so bloody I wouldn't eat it. It was served with lentils and again a bed of salad that I had seen before. It also came with some mayonnaise on a piece of pitta bread (why?).It was all rather tasteless too. Frankly I was still hungry after finishing it but we had been there so long, two and a half hours, that I was by now desperate to leave. So no sweet, which is normally pretty good here. I am a regular for their lunches but after this I may need to rethink.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank timgay
Reviewed June 18, 2011

We have stayed here and eat here every time we visit North Dewvon to visit our family. It is a lovely place. The artwork is so interesting. The food is wonderful and creative. It is locally sourced too. It is a treat to go here. A special place. Very relaxed but why does the world always need to work at top speed.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family