Tripadvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
1,172 results
All reviews crab shack fish our honeymoon drinks package live band overwater villa through luxury escapes bucket list ocean side specialty restaurants sea plane sister resort party island pool villa food and beverage main restaurant sand bank
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I could not have asked for a more perfect holiday! The food was incredible, not just the 3 restaurants but the buffet was out of this world! The whole team went out of their way to make our honeymoon unforgettable with champagne and cake on arrival to a rose petal bath and upgraded dinner. The resort was the perfect mix of relaxation and fun, filled with music and entertainers in the evening and sunbathing in paradise in the day. It is our dream to return and celebrate our wedding anniversary one day! Could not recommend this place enough!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
AnnaYurinok, Director of Guest Experience at Seaside Finolhu, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Katem,

We are really thrilled to receive such a positive feedback, many thanks for your time and efforts! I will definitely pass your good comments to all the staff who made it so special and memorable for you.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future, as it is never enough of a good holidays in paradise!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I celebrated my 33rd birthday and also proposed to my girlfriend at Fish and Crab Shack on January 15th. Thank you Finolhu and Shutterfish team for your effort in making this such a perfect memory. There was not a minute of unpleasant during our stay. We will definitely be back whenever we have a chance.

Dear guest,

What a great feedback - many thanks for taking your time and sharing it with us! It was very nice to take care of you during your stay, I am sure you enjoyed it 100%. I will definitely share your feedback with the rest of the team, to each and everyone, who made it so special for you!

We are looking forward to having you back on our Paradise island!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Honeymoon is a great success.
I want to go to Finolhu again.
It was the best island I would recommend to my family and friends. Someday I wanted to live there. I really want to study more English, improve my level and go there again. Thank you.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear guest,

Many thanks for taking your time and sharing your positive feedback with us. It was our pleasure to have you with us on the island and we are hoping to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed January 17, 2020 via mobile

We loved our honeymoon at finolhu!! It was difficult choosing between the many excellent resorts in the Maldives because so many are five stars and well rated, but we were so pleased we choose this one.

We got the ocean view over water Villa with pool and it is one of the best rooms I've ever stayed in. Everyone at this resort is so kind, and friendly and truly interested in giving you a 5 star stay. We were so pleased with our stay, we decided to come back to the maldives in 3 months. Upon our second round of research, we realized how lucky we were to stay here. Finolhu stands out as a great resort because it offers 4 dining locations. When you're on one island for several days, it's great to have options. Most resorts only have 3. We ate at each of the restaurants and found the buffet of excellent quality. The Mediterranean and Asian cuisines were very good a la carte restaurants for a reasonable cost. Finolhu is also one of the few resorts that includes alcohol as part of their all inclusive package. Others that we looked into (Westin, W) do not. We knew that they also offered a drinks package based off reviews, but when we asked upon check in he said there wasn't one. Later on on our stay, a bartender asked us why we didn't have a drink package. He was able to set one up, it's $68 a person per day. Next time, I'd be more pushy as they definitley have a just drinks package.

We stayed at the very end of the road to the villas (about a 15 minute walk to the center). We found it best to call a buggy, and it came within 7 minutes to pick you up. It was definitely a plus being out there and feeling private, but a bit of a walk if you don't call yourself a buggy to grab you. My husband used the gym each day and said it was mostly empty and very good quality.!

Even though it was high season when we went, they make a point to have so many options for you to relax, that you never feel you can't have the chair or seat, or beach spot of your choosing. We never felt crowded, or that there wasn't a person a second away to take care of your needs.

And finally, they made us feel so special. It was both our honeymoon and my birthday and they decorated our room twice and gave us champagne twice, poured a rose bubble bath, and gave us a free honeymoon dinner. In all, we felt so pampered and cared for, it was an unbelievable experience. We can't wait to come back!

1  Thank 855diannea

Dear Caterina,

On behalf of the whole Finolhu team let me thank you for this wonderful review and good words about your experience. It was absolutely lovely to have you here on island and I am sure it was definitely a vacation to remember.

Looking forward to welcoming you back any time again in the future!

Reviewed January 16, 2020 via mobile

Simply spectacular. I 100% recommend the Finolhu. The service is spectacular and the collective staff makes your feel like a VIP upon the moment of your arrival in Male. Food at all the restaurants was great — much better than we expected. We had an Overwater Ocean Pool Villa that was amazing. You absolutely have to do it. Complete privacy and great swimming and snorkeling right off the main deck. The main pool had high quality entertainment each night as well as shisha. The gym was large and well appointed. Snorkeling and other non motorized sports were complimentary. Our only (small) complaint was that we wish the buggie shuttle service was a little more frequent out to the further Overwater Villas. Sometimes we had to wait 15 to 20 minutes which can add up on an expensive vacation. My wife and I visited in January 2020 and this was our first time in the Maldives. We will absolutely be back!

3  Thank globalscriv

Dear globalscriv,

It is absolutely amazing to read your great words here! Many thanks for posting your feedback, we absolutely loved taking care of you during your holidays.

Looking forward to welcome you back in the future - as it is never enough of a great holidays!