Tripadvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
1,163 results
All reviews lagoon villa octopus water sports fish main restaurant glass of prosecco all inclusive package jet skiing special mention dolphin trip sea plane special thanks quick tour paddle boarding buffet restaurant daily trips free snorkeling
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Customer service was exceptional and the best part of the trip. There was a lot of rain which meant staying indoors a lot and watching nearly every movie available.

It was relaxing but borderline boring as eating meals over 10 days day in the same restaurant means 30 visits to the same place. The food varied but I needed varied atmosphere as well. The food was all terrific and the staff very attentive. Bartenders were also attentive. There was music at night but lacked a sense of night life overall as guests didn’t partake much in night activities and mainly sat around.

The gentleman we had as a housekeeper was exceptional. He’s visit 2-3 times a day to see if we needed anything or tidy up. I’ve never had such exceptional housekeeping anywhere. We stayed in 303 in the end of November and I cannot recall his name but wanted to share with management how exceptional he was. I believe he was a new employee or a temporary employee and I would urge management to make him a permanent employee. I would say my interactions with him and service he provided made this a great trip especially given a lot of rain we were in our room a lot.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Ram B, General Manager at Cocoon Maldives, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear loves2travel7,
I am pleased that you had a pleasant stay. The many days rain do spoil to certain extent the holiday, i can understand that.
Thank you for bringing to my attention, the great job that the Room Boy was performing.Of course, we will look after him.
Thank you for having selected Cocoon Maldives and hopefully, we will have the pleasure welcoming you again.
ram Bhoyroo

Reviewed January 17, 2020

Overall very satisfied from the service, location and everything:) The resort is perfect for relax and is offering also different kind of activities. The villas are cosy, well equipped and maintained.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Ram B, General Manager at Cocoon Maldives, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2020

Dear MilkaN32,
Thank you for sharing your entire satisfaction of a perfect vacation spent at Cocoon Maldives.
It was a pleasure hosting you and ensuring that your expectations are met.
We hope to welcome you again in the future,
Best regards
General manager

Reviewed January 14, 2020 via mobile

The approach to Cocoon in the Seaplane is a truly magical way to start your holiday in a truly wonderful location. We are three days in and from the very first minute you are made to feel welcome by a great team of staff who are only to happy to help. So far the food and facilities are second to none and I have no reason to doubt that it will only get better.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Ram B, General Manager at Cocoon Maldives, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2020

Dear C7637KWsteveh,
Thank you very much for having selected Cocoon Maldives. I am pleased that you had a wonderful stay in Paradise.
We hope that we will have the pleasure welcoming you again.

Reviewed January 6, 2020

I have just returned from an amazing five night stay at your beautiful resort and wanted to take the time to thank you and your team for the most amazing holiday. The resort is absolute paradise, everywhere is spotlessly clean and the food was incredible. I truly cannot recommend Cocoon Maldives highly enough and very much hope I am lucky enough to return one day.

I would like to individually thank a few members of your team who went out of their way to make my time at Cocoon extra special and do hope their hard work will be recognised. Chef Kusal was made aware of my dietary requirements on arrival (an allergy to egg) and always came to find me at meal times to see how he could accommodate. He would prepare special vegan deserts and nothing was too much trouble. His food is truly some of the best I've eaten (I've been lucky enough to dine in some extremely high end establishments) and I really appreciate his genuine concern and care for me, which was consistent throughout the whole of my stay.
Ranjith the Bar Manager was amazing at making sure I always felt looked after and special. His professionalism and attention to detail combined with his fun and smiley personality ensured his service was second to none. He has clearly earned a lot of respect and admiration from his team members and is an asset to both yourself and Cocoon Resort.
Naif from 'Extreme Water Sports' was very accommodating and ensured all of my cravings for water sporting activities were fulfilled to the highest standard. He was extremely friendly and genuinely wanted to ensure I got the most out of my holiday by providing me with suggestions and tasters of new experiences. Some of my most treasured memories of my time at Cocoon are due to his influence.

Unfortunately however, I would also like to bring to your attention one area of concern. I was very disappointed by the behaviour of one of your managers, Nashid from Food and Beverage. I felt he was very overbearing and showed 'interest' that surpassed any professional level. Specifically, on a number of occasions he suggested that he join me at the bar for drinks and he also invited himself back to my room.
On the first night of my stay he came to find me at the bar and joined me for a drink after dinner. On my second night, he left a teapot of wine outside my Beach Villa (on the little terrace) and invited himself back to share it with me. As a young and single female traveller I wasn't entirely sure how to handle and diffuse either situation. Nashid did turn up at my room that evening, but I told him I was tired and he promptly left. I am not the type of person to readily invite people back to my room and I was disappointed that this situation was placed upon me. I was hoping for a little privacy during my stay, but felt this wasn't always possible due to Nashid's behaviour and I fear that other single guests may face the same problems from him in the future.
I feel a duty of care should be provided by all staff, particularly those within a Managerial position and that the hospitality industry should provide safety and security for solo travellers. Unfortunately this wasn't advocated by Nashid and I was left feeling very uncomfortable and a little vulnerable.

Despite the above, my stay at Cocoon was truly wonderful.

Date of stay: April 2019
1  Thank Stephanie10here
Ram B, General Manager at Cocoon Maldives, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2020

Dear Stephanie10here,
I am pleased that you had an overall wonderful stay at Cocoon Maldives.Previously you did make me aware of the incident and do apologize and ensure all that this unusual regretful situation, the first of it's kind, ever reported be the last too.
Thank you for staying here. I am pleased that Naif, Ranjith and others were taking good care of you.
We hope to have the pleasure welcoming you again,
General Manager.

Reviewed January 6, 2020 via mobile

A beautiful resort surrounded by great swimming areas and with large beaches. The staff were amazing and the buffet meals were tasty. Slightly disappointed with the charge for some of the activities such as windsurfing ($90 for 45mins) and limiting some of the free ones to one per room. These should honestly all be free and unlimited for the all-inclusive package.

Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear mikedownes,
Thank you for describing your holiday venue as a piece of Paradise. I am pleased that you had a wonderful stay and we keep hopes that you will visit us again, should you travel to Maldives in the future.
We will be more than delighted to host you again.