First of all we did not have a chambre d'hotes but we rented a gîte. We had rented 'Gîte pigeonnier'.
This gîte is huge and has space up to 9 people in 3 separate rooms. Two rooms have an own small bathroom with shower. The other room is a sort of attic (pigeonnier --> a dovecote) that is quite large but extremely hot in summer.
The area is very nice and has a very large swimming pool in a green garden.
Now the uncomfortable part. On the window tablets there was a lot of feces from bats which live in the small holes above the windows. I have no problem with bats but it's not a tastefull sight near a kitchen.
There were also a lot of mosquitos and keeping the windows closes was not an option because of the heat in summer. Wind was a fresh comfort. An easy solution for the owner would have been the placement of mosquito/fly screens.
There was no space to leave your groceries: no rackspace or cupboard. The kitchen was very small in this huge gîte. Much room for improvement there.
In the room you had to hold the shower in your hand, there was no handle to hang the shower. Which is awkward.
It seemed the gîte was divided in the early days. My guess it was a larger space before. Guests next door made a lot of noise in an unintentional manner. Walking on the old floor, stairs and closing doors made noise and kept us out of our sleep.
In short some positive notes:
- The pool area was really nice.
- The other gîtes seemed nicer but haven't checked and were all occupied
- Place is centrally located to visit nearby places as there are Banyuls-sur-Mer, Collioure, Leucate, Barcarès, Perpignan or even Carcassonne.
- In short, this gîte is not worth the price.
- Feedback from 'dogyoungone' below is still applicable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With an outdoor swimming pool surrounded by apricot trees and vines, this traditional Catalan farmhouse dates from the 19th century. It is situated 4.5 Km from Alenya and a 10-minute drive from Perpignan.The en suite guest rooms feature exposed wooden beams and parquet floors. They offer a balcony with views of the surrounding gardens and free Wi-Fi internet access.Self catering accommodation is also available in bright apartments with a terrace. In addition to a living room with a fireplace, each apartment offers a kitchen with a dishwasher, microwave and hotplates.Breakfast is served each morning at Domaine du Mas Bazan. For evening meals, guests can enjoy a shared meal with their hosts, which includes Catalan dishes and wines from Domaine du Mas Bazan. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with PitchUp, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Mas Bazan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.