“Great, but small portions”
Review of The King's Head

The King's Head
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Hursley
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Winchester, United Kingdom
“Great, but small portions”
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

We went to the Kings Head for a Sunday lunch with all the family.

The staff were incredibly friendly, and service was prompt. The food was incredibly nice but some of the portions were on the small size. The atmosphere was great too with lots of young children clearly very welcome.

I would highly recommend this place for family meals and good food, just go for a starter and pudding too!

Southampton, United Kingdom
“Lovely Pub”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Lovely pub, the food is great and the staff very friendly and service excellent. A lot of the food is locally sourced and was delicious and beautifully presented. Great atmosphere will definitely go back again. It isnt cheap but i prefer to pay a bit more and get the all round great food and ambience

• Visited October 2013
Winchester
“Will the latest identity succeed where others have failed?”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

The KH has had some very mixed fortunes over the last ten years but the latest management team have grasped the bull by the horns in a determined effort to make the pub an upmarket destination venue. Ambience is great, service is good, food is fresh and tasty so don't expect Weatherspoons prices! Good range of real ales on the handpumps and a comprehensive wine list. Well worth a visit.

• Visited October 2013
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“FANTASTIC Sunday roast”
Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

I hadn't been to The King's Head for about ten years, and WOW! What a change!

We visited last Sunday for a roast - an excellent choice!

The pub has been tastefully and comfortably decorated and furnished. Very friendly servers and hosts, who were very speedy despite how busy the place was. The food was absolutely superb - all four of us opted for the beef. Succulent meat and seasonal al dente veg. The clean plates at the end spoke for themselves. The desserts were very special too. It was fairly pricey, but the food was worth it. I will definitely return... being sure to reserve a table to avoid disappointment!

• Visited September 2013
Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
“Nothing like I remembered it!”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Having not visited The Kings Head for almost 30 years I love what we found.

We booked late, but were treated wonderfully. Beer was well kept and varied enough to suit both my husband's and my palettes so I decided to drink Pig Swill! Anyway enough about the gorgeous beer, the food was even better.
With a quite a select, but tasty menu I thought it would be tough to choose something. However once we did, 3 out of 4 of us chose wild boar bangers. We were not disappointed either.

My daughter's food took a while to arrive due to an error, but a bowl of chips that arrived without asking kept all very happy.

Unable to describe the puddings as they were so amazing I've posted a photo.The sticks are white chocolate!!!

Go and visit. You will not be disappointed

• Visited September 2013