“Good Pub”

Ranked #2 of 2 Restaurants in Hursley
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 29, 2014

The atmosphere is excellent the beer also. This appears to be a very friendly village pub, where visitors are made very welcome.

1  Thank Cavalier1946

Reviewed May 5, 2014

After reading the reviews on this site I visited this pub with a little trepidation. HOW WRONG COULD I BE!!!! I thought the staff where very courteous in their greeting, showed us to our table immediately and took our drinks order at the table, our party had a mixed order of drinks that arrived in short order, where given to the correct person without being asked and all tasted fine (we are all real ale drinkers) 10 out of 10 for beer keeping.
After a little discussion two of our party had the faggots, two had steak and ale pie and one had steak........ I was one of those that had faggots! THEY WERE LOVELY! if this is what faggots really are (my childhood memories are of overcooked brown cricket balls made by Brains and ruined by mum! Sorry mum x)

All my friends really enjoyed their food, we all enjoyed our beer too.

If you want fine dining go to a Michelin star restaurant and pay top prices, if you want a relaxed evening, good food and beer go to The Dolphin.

1  Thank deejay1967
Reviewed May 2, 2014

I've visited the Dolphin many times, from a quiet drink to the pub quiz on a Thursday night. I thoroughly enjoy the hog roast and live bands on the last Friday of the months and have loved dinner on various nights with the other half or the whole family. I can only say good things about this welcoming establishment!
The food is always lovely, most of the options are home cooked and the portions are always very generous - great value for money! The service always comes with a smile and the staff are always friendly and accomodating. Even through the recent floods, the Dolphin remained open and kept to it's high standards - a credit to landlady Mandy and her staff!
If you're looking for a good family pub, tasty grub and great friendly atmosphere; then The Dolphin, Hursley is the place to visit!

2  Thank Sophie H
Reviewed May 1, 2014

We've just got back from a lovely evening at the Dolphin, good food, good company, extremely welcoming staff, great pub quiz. A traditional pub we love. Really well cooked jacket potato with salad. Food and drinks for all four of us all evening £60

Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

I love this place. It's friendly, with decent grub, good beers and a gorgeous garden. For a very good price you can enjoy some good hearty pub food (crab, liver, whitebait and pies come particularly recommended). It's not "gastro dining" and thank god. Just a really nice place. If you want to unwind after work on a Friday night then get down here. It's lovely.

1  Thank GoldieWinchester