“A perfect place to rejuvenate yourself”

Apple Orchard Resort
Ranked #1 of 8 Dhanaulti B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 29, 2013

We were looking for a calm and quiet holiday which should be away from the hustle and bustle of city life. We just visited Dhanaulti and stayed in this resort.The rooms are big enough with all basic amenities including oil heater and electric blanket..The food was excellent and was made as per our choice and need. I should specially mention about the resturant which is like a glasshouse with serene view of hills and the snow peaked Gangotri range of the Himalayas. The kids enjoyed the game of fussball.The services were also prompt.

My review would have been incomplete if I do not mention about two persons. The one and only Mr.Bhandri without whom the holiday could not have been so memorable.He was always there to make our holiday a pleasing one. Last but not the least Mr.Kirti Singh - the owner of the resort.He was extremely cordial and treated us with nice cakes on the occasion of his birthday.

I will highly recommend this hotel for a peaceful stay.

Caution : You have to understand that the resort is located in a natural environment of apple orchard. So please do not expect 5 star facilities of a business hotel.If you are looking for a calm holiday to rejuvenate then this is the place.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank dg_satadru

Reviewed February 14, 2013

I visited Dhanaulti with my friends for Christmas Holidays and stayed in the Apple Orchard Resort. The time, money and all was worth it. The resort was comfortable and the food was good. The staff in the resort is very helpful ans supportive. The rooms were comfortable and clean. The facilities are really good too. The view from the resort was breathtaking. We experienced a snowfall too and the comfortable stay made it all the better. I would recommend Apple Orchard Resort to all my friends and family.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Sandeep R
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Apple Orchard Resort offers a peaceful, rejuvenating retreat in the himalayas. Offering spectacular views which only pristine landscape of Garhwal can offer, this resort features a brilliant glass house restaurant, tastefully decorated rooms with modern facilities such as en suite bathroom, lcd tv, intercom,satellite tv, and Wifi.The resort also has the option of staying in a log hut, although I regret not taking the option.
I was surprised to see such a large number of foreigner guests in the resort. Infact, many of them had been staying over a week and had been regular visitors. As it was the weekend, I was pleasantly surprised to be invited to a party organized by a corporate group from Delhi who had come for a conference. I must say that the barbecue was one of the finest I have eaten in a long time.
Apple Orchard also provides a variety of recreational facilities in the summer such as trekking, horse riding and mountain climbing. As the resort is in close proximity to the beautiful Tehri Dam and Surkunda Devi, one can easily take a day trip covering both the places.
Finally, I must mention the kind and well-mannered staff who made our stay such a beautiful and everlasting experience. We even had a small bet to guess whether the smile permanently plastered on the waiters was natural or through training. Whether it was serving food and drinks in the open patio near the fireplace or room service, the staff ensured that the service was of highest quality.
After my trip, I am quite nostalgic thinking about the interesting conversation and drinks I had with the highly courteous and well educated owner. It is the wonderful memories of the resort and the people which have left such a positive image of Uttaranchal in my mind.

Room Tip: Try the room with view of the Himalayan range on the first floor for the best experience.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Vipul S
Reviewed January 31, 2013

The best place to be in Dhanaulti.Apple Orchard Resort comes out with flying colours serving best of their hospitality and services.Over the years its just been adding its stars.Keep up the good work n the resort has given a tough competition to the other hotel n resorts in dhanaulti.

Room Tip: go to special rates.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank divya_123us
Reviewed January 29, 2013

We stayed here for 1 night & it was horrifying. We didn't expect anything great but the rooms were dingy, the blankets were torn & there was silverfish on the bed! the bathrooms were basic with no hot water at all!

And for all this we paid 3 star hotel rates!

The only good thing is the view form the hotel which is quite breathtaking & the walking paths nearby.

I would recommend stay away & avoid a sleepover in Dhanaulti altogether. Instead do a day trip from mussorie

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank Fluorescence
Reviewed January 14, 2013

It’s a pleasure to share my amazing trip to Dhanaulti where I stayed in Apple Orchard Resort. I went there with my family in November last year.

We were received very well by the owner Mr Kirti Pratap who has a lovely personality and a permanent smile. We were taken to our rooms with an amazing guy a local waiter who was helpful and gave us a tour of the resort and the room where we stayed.

The Food...OMG the Food was just Incredible; the use of local ingredients to get best Indian and continental style cuisine was an absolute delight and we dined entirely in the beautiful glass house restaurant and enjoyed the bonfire during our stay. I personally loved their daily soups and Chicken 65 which brings water to my mouth every time I think of it now.

The rooms gave a relaxed spacious feel and the courteous staff made sure that all our needs were catered too instantly. The best part is that although you are nestled in the woods, you have all the amenities that you can imagine like wifi, satellite tv, conference facilities alongwith sports facilities like badminton ,trampoline and foseball table.

I am never staying anywhere else when am in Dhanaulti and I feel like a left a family behind and I cant wait to go back. Infact, I received a courteous call by the management few days after my stay which was a very thoughtful touch.

Finally, the icing on the cake was that on the last day of our stay we saw a beautiful female leopard with her two cubs going in the deodhar woods. Alas! What a sight to remember which is going to stay with me forever.
In a nutshell I am already planning my next visit to Dhanaulti and have confirmed my reservation in winters to see the snowfall.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Iwlrockya
Reviewed December 25, 2012

Unfortunately, I had gone to stay at Apple Orchard Resort when it was not a season of apples so didn't find any green trees. The location of the resort is 2 kms ahead of the main Dhanaulti area, which is peaceful & renders a good view of the scenery. The owner & his family hails from royal family and I'm thankful to them for giving an upgrade to a suite. I didn't like the dark/red interiors of the suite initially but having checked the deluxe room, I decided to accept the upgrade. There is no problem with the deluxe room but the suite was slightly better located with a balcony in front. The resort staff is friendly but they need to pay attention to the details. Wet towels in a suite are not acceptable! Food was average. I have one regret that I could not enjoy the bon fire on a cold winter evening, there was a group of friends who were drinking & dancing on music near the bonfire. I decided to take a stroll, come back to the room & watch TV on Sony LED!

Room Tip: Check out the rooms yourself
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ras_Baijal
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dhanaulti
0 mi away
Whispering Pines Himalayan Retreat
Himalayan Huts
Himalayan Huts
#4 of 30 in Dhanaulti

Been to Apple Orchard Resort? Share your experiences!