“Heaven to be in!”

Apple Orchard Resort
Ranked #1 of 8 Dhanaulti B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 31, 2013

The best place to be in Dhanaulti.Apple Orchard Resort comes out with flying colours serving best of their hospitality and services.Over the years its just been adding its stars.Keep up the good work n the resort has given a tough competition to the other hotel n resorts in dhanaulti.

Room Tip: go to special rates.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank divya_123us

Reviewed January 29, 2013

We stayed here for 1 night & it was horrifying. We didn't expect anything great but the rooms were dingy, the blankets were torn & there was silverfish on the bed! the bathrooms were basic with no hot water at all!

And for all this we paid 3 star hotel rates!

The only good thing is the view form the hotel which is quite breathtaking & the walking paths nearby.

I would recommend stay away & avoid a sleepover in Dhanaulti altogether. Instead do a day trip from mussorie

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank Fluorescence
Reviewed January 14, 2013

It’s a pleasure to share my amazing trip to Dhanaulti where I stayed in Apple Orchard Resort. I went there with my family in November last year.

We were received very well by the owner Mr Kirti Pratap who has a lovely personality and a permanent smile. We were taken to our rooms with an amazing guy a local waiter who was helpful and gave us a tour of the resort and the room where we stayed.

The Food...OMG the Food was just Incredible; the use of local ingredients to get best Indian and continental style cuisine was an absolute delight and we dined entirely in the beautiful glass house restaurant and enjoyed the bonfire during our stay. I personally loved their daily soups and Chicken 65 which brings water to my mouth every time I think of it now.

The rooms gave a relaxed spacious feel and the courteous staff made sure that all our needs were catered too instantly. The best part is that although you are nestled in the woods, you have all the amenities that you can imagine like wifi, satellite tv, conference facilities alongwith sports facilities like badminton ,trampoline and foseball table.

I am never staying anywhere else when am in Dhanaulti and I feel like a left a family behind and I cant wait to go back. Infact, I received a courteous call by the management few days after my stay which was a very thoughtful touch.

Finally, the icing on the cake was that on the last day of our stay we saw a beautiful female leopard with her two cubs going in the deodhar woods. Alas! What a sight to remember which is going to stay with me forever.
In a nutshell I am already planning my next visit to Dhanaulti and have confirmed my reservation in winters to see the snowfall.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Iwlrockya
Reviewed December 25, 2012

Unfortunately, I had gone to stay at Apple Orchard Resort when it was not a season of apples so didn't find any green trees. The location of the resort is 2 kms ahead of the main Dhanaulti area, which is peaceful & renders a good view of the scenery. The owner & his family hails from royal family and I'm thankful to them for giving an upgrade to a suite. I didn't like the dark/red interiors of the suite initially but having checked the deluxe room, I decided to accept the upgrade. There is no problem with the deluxe room but the suite was slightly better located with a balcony in front. The resort staff is friendly but they need to pay attention to the details. Wet towels in a suite are not acceptable! Food was average. I have one regret that I could not enjoy the bon fire on a cold winter evening, there was a group of friends who were drinking & dancing on music near the bonfire. I decided to take a stroll, come back to the room & watch TV on Sony LED!

Room Tip: Check out the rooms yourself
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ras_Baijal
Reviewed December 6, 2012

I love the APPLE ORCHARD RESORT. I have been many times and never come back disappointed.

Pro's:
Location - It's located in one of the most peaceful places in India, a far cry from the madness of Mussoorie. Perfect for a relaxing getaway.
Beautiful property - They do a great job of maintaining the property. It's rustic and beautiful at the same time. It's one of the best heritage properties I've seen.
Great food - You would be hard pressed to find such so many tasty options anywhere in Delhi, much less in the middle of the mountains. I always leave impressed with the food.
Comfortable beds - The beds are very comfortable, soft with big fluffy pillows.
Great staff - The staff is well trained, fast and courteous.

Con's:
You'll have a hard time finding a better value anywhere.

Room Tip: Keep the good work
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank bhandari007
Reviewed November 21, 2012

A nice location to stay at. Staff was helpful and friendly, though service and food was average. Rooms were ok. The view from the room and restaurant was very good. There is good parking space. Over all presentation of the resort’s staff and services was average.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We only stayed one night. We found the staff friendly but the place is in a poor state of repair and untidy with litter and pealing paint work.

Its still worth a stay for the location but the food was awful, the staff inefficient and the place was generally untidy with half finished repairs and son on. It needs the owner to visit to check what is going on because there really isn't much going on in terms of quality.

It is a very location for going for walks on the unpaved road through the coniferous forest. A great place for birdwatchers.

In the room TV didn't work (not that I care to watch but my son wanted to see something). Its there so it should work. The rooms had furniture too large for ease of moving around. The bathroom was dirty and everywhere around the hotel there were plastic bins that themselves were and eyesore because they were grubby. I saw litter in various places and had cause to go to the kitchen in the morning to get someone to make me tea. The kitchen was filthy.

The restaurant the TV was blasting and the staff were enjoying while the guests suffered. Food was awful. Again the place was over-crowded with furniture. The staff are pleasant but not very efficient.

There was a playground with some rather dangerous looking children's swings etc.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Lokamitra
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dhanaulti
0 mi away
Whispering Pines Himalayan Retreat
Himalayan Huts
Himalayan Huts
#4 of 30 in Dhanaulti

Been to Apple Orchard Resort? Share your experiences!