All reviewsnice propertyscenic viewthoroughly enjoyed our staycomfortable stayperfect locationroom service israiny seasonhotel is locatedvisit this placemidstmrmountainsnatureinclkidkmtrees
Reviewed November 21, 2012

A nice location to stay at. Staff was helpful and friendly, though service and food was average. Rooms were ok. The view from the room and restaurant was very good. There is good parking space. Over all presentation of the resort’s staff and services was average.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We only stayed one night. We found the staff friendly but the place is in a poor state of repair and untidy with litter and pealing paint work.

Its still worth a stay for the location but the food was awful, the staff inefficient and the place was generally untidy with half finished repairs and son on. It needs the owner to visit to check what is going on because there really isn't much going on in terms of quality.

It is a very location for going for walks on the unpaved road through the coniferous forest. A great place for birdwatchers.

In the room TV didn't work (not that I care to watch but my son wanted to see something). Its there so it should work. The rooms had furniture too large for ease of moving around. The bathroom was dirty and everywhere around the hotel there were plastic bins that themselves were and eyesore because they were grubby. I saw litter in various places and had cause to go to the kitchen in the morning to get someone to make me tea. The kitchen was filthy.

The restaurant the TV was blasting and the staff were enjoying while the guests suffered. Food was awful. Again the place was over-crowded with furniture. The staff are pleasant but not very efficient.

There was a playground with some rather dangerous looking children's swings etc.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Lokamitra
Reviewed June 11, 2012

This was on the same trip as Chakrata. & Dhanaulti is a much larger town in comparision. We could not travel in this location, we just spent a night at this place.
Actually, AOR is possibly the farthest down the road. One of our friends had sprained his ankle, & after asking around & checking many a facility, when we reached here, he was totally exhausted. We had to stay here.
There was snow on the cliff walls & on the roofs of the hotel.
The restaurant is picture perfect - a glass structure hanging on the cliff at the face of the hotel, all warm-glow-y from its decor & lighting.
Food was okay, nothing great.
Rooms ARE filthy.
Under normal circumstances, I won't sleep on those sheets, nor take those quilts, but I said to myself, "What the heck, I'm wearing so many layers, I'll wear a scarf to sleep, & it'll not touch my cheeks." Yes, it was that bad.
It was so cold, one room heater (domestic kind) was not enough - I asked for another, of course at extra cost.
I stayed indoors & my husband & his friends went to sit by the bonfire lit by the owner, & chat him up. He was some kind of Royal blood of that area, & they found it very exciting to chat him up. Maybe they felt less stinky about the filth. I did not ask.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends