B&B Sotto le Stelle
$82
$80
$128
$118
Eraclea Minoa Village(Cattolica Eraclea)
$64
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewssotto le stellebeautiful roomrooms are largebreadrooftop terracecharming placegiuseppematesvillageceilingstarsbalconieshillhosttastehouseenglish
Reviewed May 11, 2013

We spent one night in Caltabellotta during a one week trip to Sicily. Honestly, had I known what to expect I would have booked at least 3 nights - this is the most romantic, beautiful and charming place EVER! We did not want to leave and almost cancelled the rest of our tour.
Sotto le Stelle is located in a beautifully renovated old house - a labour of love really, all done by the family in a 5 year project and with much attention to detail. No two rooms are the same, you still have the old frescoes where it was possible to preserve them, antique and modern furniture and parts have been designed by an artist friend. Very clean rooms, some with a stunning view and balcony, comfortable beds, spotless modern bathrooms.
Last but not least the family which runs the place is just lovely and wonderful.
We arrived early in the afternoon, starving after the trip from Palermo. After showing us the house and our room, we asked Guiseppe where we might find a place to eat - upon which he replied 'but why, you can eat at my restaurant!'. We followed him through narrow cobblestone- paved streets, entered through a door with just a little sign sayig 'MATES' and were in culinary HEAVEN. Mamma and brother are cooking real Sicilian food, and we not only had lunch but also dinner there - I'll write a separate review.
Guiseppe, a heartfelt thank you to you and yours - we are still dreaming of Caltabelotta thanks to you, your family, Sotto le Stelle and MATES - it has become our magical word of comfort when things get tough (or simply when we are hungry) - a whispered 'Caltabellotta'!

Room Tip: All rooms are beautiful. If you care for a nice view ask for one with a balcony facing the valley.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Love4theWorld
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Easter March 31st to April 7th 2013:

Eight of us stayed at this B+B run by Giuseppe and his brother and supported by their parents in the background. Both brothers were friendly, hospitable, and polite and served us freshly pressed orange juice, espresso or café latte or tea or all four, fruit yoghurt, warm croissants, melba toast, Italian cookies e.g. campagnole +/or small chocolate cookies, and homemade cake in the kitchen /eating room.

Some Germans were unhappy because they expected MORE; salami or ham + marmalade or jam + bread and complained constantly but some are complainers and fussers anyway. We don’t eat this type of breakfast at home either but it was very good and if more was wanted of anything, one only had to ask and you can be sure the Germans got their fill of coffee while I got my fill of cake and croissants and OJ.

Giuseppe’s English is limited and there were a few misunderstandings but he managed well and explained many things and traditions and often with a dry humor that I particularly appreciated.

Our room was very small but clean and warm. The other rooms were much larger + each a work of art; tastefully decorated with traditional furniture. The group was charged per room and not per person, which is more than reasonable. Housekeeping was done every day.

Caltabellotta is really out of the way (like El Remo in La Palma) but it is definitely worth a visit of at least a few days and Sotto Le Stelle is ideally situated close to the main street where sufficient parking is available and one is not forced to navigate Caltabellotta’s excessively narrow, bumpy, and uneven 45° angle streets.

The family also runs MATES, a semi-gourmet slow-food restaurant where 6 of us enjoyed our best meal of the week and again at a very reasonable price.

Hats off to Sotto Le Stelle.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 19, 2013

At last I arrived in Sicily with my family,in a small village called Caltabellotta.After reading some reviews we decided to stay in B&B Sotto le Stelle,we found five beautiful bedrooms all particularly decorated with hand made linen and antique furniture which all belonged to the owners,the Augello family.This family made up of husband and wife and three sons, all very friendly and ready to help us.How can I not speak of Laura's home made cakes offered every morning for breakfast in an enormous lounge where you can read,use your computer and relax.A shame we could not use the terrace seeing it was cold.Must come back this summer.

Room Tip: All particular
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 9, 2013

This morning I found the photographs of my summer holiday in Sicily, my favourite town was Caltabellotta. My husband and I stayed in the B&B "Sotto le Stelle". The staff was fantastic, the service excellent and the rooms SUPERB!!!!!!! Caltabellotta is on the mountains and the sea only twenty minutes drive. I reccomend this B&B to everybody.

Room Tip: All the rooms!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

The rooms are all decorated individually amd very clean. Sotto le stelle delivers a high standard. If you want to compare the location to standards in switzerland, you have to say you'll gonna pay three times more there. The owners are very friendly and open. Recommendation!

• Stayed: July 2012