“A typical Gilhooleys”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating
Brisbane, Australia
“A typical Gilhooleys”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Average meal, average price, average service and not that clean.

Dinners are ok have been a number of times. Some good deals depending on the night.

At the moment we have been going for th $10 lunches normally the 200g steaks. These are always been cooked the right way and never had issues at lunch.

Maybe a different chef on?????

• Visited June 2013

Brisbane, Australia
“Disappointed”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

We went to Gilhooleys chermside last night and we will not return despite having an Entertainment Book voucher. Our meal took a long time and when it arrived was cold. The best part was the salt and pepper calamari yum! The young couple at the next table ordered before us and still had no meal when we had finished ours....there were many empty tables??? If I was the owner I would take a goo look at the staff. The toilets were not up to scratch either my husband said there was vomit on the floor of the men's room and there were cockroaches in the ladies.

• Visited May 2013
Redcliffe, Australia
“Good food and friendly staff.”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We dined here on a Saturday night and we got in early. It was our first time at this establishment and we had a Groupon voucher. The insideof the pub is a little old and shabby but it adds to the ambience. Perhaps a steam clean might do the place some favours. The variety of food is quite good and the service is great. We could not fault any of the staff we dealt with. One unfortunate thing about the place (like most similar establishments) is having to run the gauntlet of smokers to get in or out, and the smoke wafts through the restaurant. Overall, we had a good experience.

• Visited April 2013
Adelaide, Australia
“Wouldn't do a second visit”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

We went to Gilhooleys on a Wednesday night, and we left disappointed.

The lady that served us was nice and friendly, however the guy that bought us our food was not a delight. There was "background music" that was so loud we sat outside and to be quite honest, the place needed a good clean.

My daughter and I had the oven baked chicken which was OK. The same can't be said for my better half's prime rib steak. He ordered medium rare and it was well over medium and very average quality. The whiskey mustard sauce that came with it was horrible, considering this place is a "steakhouse" I would have expected the steak be the highlight of our visit.
We also ordered two serves of garlic panini which we didn't get. We went up to the counter TWICE to remind them but it still didn't come.

I emailed management and phoned the next day but no one got back to me, This outing cost us over $120 and no one has the decency to call back or even reply to an email.

My advise? Avoid like the plague, there are much better places to eat for around the same money.

• Visited March 2013