“Excellent food and very relaxing”

Las Mestizas Comida Yucateca
Ranked #1 of 10 Restaurants in Piste
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 21, 2014

We spent a few nights in Piste and decided to go to the restaurant across the street from our hotel. GREAT CHOICE, as it turns out. After having the Lime Soup there, I had to go back and try some more dishes. And we did!! Nick Ryder's Top 10 Cancun and the Yucatan, as it turned out, recommended it and we do, too!

Reviewed January 14, 2014

We came here as part of a tour group from our resort. We were told that our stop would include a buffet lunch, but it turns out we were able to order from the menu. We were each allowed to order an appetizer and an entree. The table had guacamole, pico de gallo, chips and habenaro salsa. My appetizer was kind of like little chicken tostadas, They were enough to be a meal in themselves. My entree was conchinita pibil, which is this amazing pork dish. My husband had a pork dish with a sauce and hardboiled egg. I forgot the name of the dish but he enjoyed his too. The salsa & pico were excellent. I would definitely go back if I'm ever in the area again! Drinks were expensive - about $2.75 usd for a can of soda!

Reviewed January 6, 2014

It's an OK restaurant. The food is average, nothing outstanding. The service is a bit slow. It mainly caters for tourists in search of a safe bet. Not sure I would go back, I am sure there are better yummy options around.

Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

Poor and inattentive service during a no-rush lunch hour, followed by luke-warm food at best..... tasteful, but cold. This is what we call in Spanish "un fracaso total."

1  Thank Ian P
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Restaurant was clean, food was excellent (I recommend the Poc Chuc if you're a carnivore), the guacamole excellent, and then we opted for the ice cream they serve in the cacao bean... looked awesome and tasted even better. Prices were fair to high for the quality of food. Overall it was a good choice to stop there. Not one regret.