“Good place to stay”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Piste
Orange County, California
“Good place to stay”
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel close to down town and oxxo convenience store. Free parking and free Internet. Had a small problem at the pool since they poured chlorine on the edge of the pool where I later sat down. Distorted a $50 pair of shorts. The burning on my legs stopped a few hours later. They comped our breakfast.

Still pleased with the hotel. Though I hope someone talks with the pool guy about this.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank PTwice

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed May 11, 2013

We slept the night in yucatan since we drove from playa del carmen. We felt it was best to stay, after a long day seeing the chichen itza ruins, with two kids we didn't wanna drive back almost three hours at night.The hotel is small but very nice. The staff was very pleasing. We ate dinner from the restaurant for us was fullfilling. There's also an oxxo right next door that is open 24hrs. My best advice book early to get a good deal and a secure room. Since there's also tour buses and u may not get a room. I booked 3 weeks in advance and got a perfect deal almost half price. Very happy with that stay.

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank Vero U
chichenuxmal, Owner at Hotel Chichen Itza, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you for your very nice comments.
We look forward to your next visit!
Muchas Gracias.
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I wouldn't recommend the walk to Chichen Itza, but we did it in about 20 minutes from this hotel. It's a clean, quiet place with a nice pool and friendly staff. I would recommend this hotel if you're looking at spending the night near Chichen Itza to beat the crowds. You right next to an OXXO convenience store and a few minutes walk from a fruit store where we bought banana's.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Voodew
Thank you for your wonderful, objective comments. We hope to see you back in the future!
Muchas Gracias.
Christchurch, Dorset
Reviewed February 5, 2013

This hotel was our home for 3 nights whilst touring the Yucatan Peninsular. The staff was very friendly and keen that we enjoyed our stay. Our room was on the ground floor opposite a good swimming pool, and with rocking chairs outside. There is something very pleasant about rocking after a busy day exploring!! The room had a huge bed in it and the en suite was large. All was spotlessly clean. Food was excellent - the breakfast was quite something! Very large portions and refried beans and tortilla chips with everything - including fried eggs! The evening meal menu was adequate and there was a good selection of food if you are only staying a few nights. This appears to be a hotel where you stop off for a night or two en route to somewhere else. There is little to do in the area as the town of Piste is very small and quiet. I would recommend anyone to stay here. Be prepared to be woken up by the birds though!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Katherine A
chichenuxmal, Owner at Hotel Chichen Itza, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful comments!
We offer our patrons great value for the money. Where else could you stay for about $50 USD and obtain what you get at the Best Western Hotel Chichen Itza? Great service at an incredibly low price in an agreeable environment.

We hope to see you again soon! Muchas Gracias.
BIRMINGHAM UK
Reviewed January 28, 2013

This hotel is mainly for tourists visiting the archealogical site which is about 10 minutes away. Most people therefore stay for 2 or 3 nights. My husband and I arrived there on 12th January and stayed 3 nights. It was a lovely experience as the staff made us very welcome with a cool drink when we arrived and were always friendly, polite and helpful. Our room was a good size,, extremely clean and the bathroom was large with fresh towels everyday. The hotel had a swimming pool and plenty of sun loungers. There were also very comfortable rocking chairs on the patio area outside the rooms. The restaurant was pleasant and provided a varied breakfast of fresh fruit, breads toast and pastries, cereals and a cooked breakfast was made to order. In the evening we had some very good meals from a menu with about 12 main choices as well as starters and desserts. The waiters and chef were very accomodating and one evening my husband fancied a spaghetti carbonara and this was produced fresh from the kitchen. All the food was freshly made and the fish was particularly delicious and the meat tender. The manager Luis runs an excellent hotel and we would recommend it to anyone visiting the archealogical sites. Thank you Luis from Stewart for the games of backgammon and ping pong. It was good fun.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank PILAR
chichenuxmal, Owner at Hotel Chichen Itza, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
... Oh, are we ever happy that you "Loved our hotel " !!!!

We are investing loving care in all we are doing at the Hotel Chichen Itza. We are installing NEW air conditioning equipment, so patrons this summer will enjoy quiet, efficient cooling during their stay. Brand new LED Flat screen TV's are being fitted to all rooms as I write this. Our staff is being trained in various languages with free classes for all that wish to take them.

Comments like yours enlighten our efforts, and we thank you so much for sharing them with the world's traveling community. Muchas Gracias.
South Florida, Florida
Reviewed January 2, 2013

The room was clean and cute with a little character...I mean worth $350 a night? No, but it was 2012 Winter Solstice so they were obviously price gouging. It is about a $49 a night room in the states. When we got there the guy acted like he couldn't find our reservation and called the Lodge up the street. Which I knew we were not at. So, he told us to email our confirmation email from our phone to his computer. Very weird. And thankfully my husband kept that on his phone. Not sure what he needed that for, we could clearly see our name on a reservation list on a clipboard on the desk but he said he needed it. Whatever. They do not help you with luggage. I saw them help no one. I don't think they know that's what you do at a hotel. There were four guys standing behind the desk and they watched me carry my heavy bag up the stairs, there is no elevator. But they were kind enough to move to the side so I could lug it up the staris. I thought I was in the twilight zone. Lol. Beds are cheap and hard, two twins pushed together to make a king but we slept fine. Air conditioner was super loud but it helped drown out the sound of barking and fighting dogs that went on all night. And every night. The breakfast was good...$10 for the buffet on weekends. And I don't normally like buffets. The ala carte menu was better during the week but you can't order off it on weeknds, only buffet. Which when we did try to eat dinner there once, it was 5:15 and the only thing left were black beans. It was busy and I'm sure they were just behind bringing out more food but when I mentioned it to the server that there was only one thing left to eat. The big fat guy counting money behind the desk said to tell us they were out of food. That's their standard way of dealing with complaining tourists. I was obviously going elewhere anyway but they continued to serve as few items as possible to people even until we got back at 9:00 from our fabulous meal in Valladolid. (See my other reviews on meals and the ruins) Overall, it's a place to lay your head and the walking distance to the ruins is the great thing about it. But next time, I would just stay in civilization and make Valladolid my base.

Room Tip: It's a two floor motel basically. I like 2nd floor so I don't have to hear people moving cha...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Eureka, California
Reviewed December 27, 2012

We thought we were going to be able to leave a positive review for this hotel until we realized that a digital camera had been taken out of a zipped-shut suitcase in our locked hotel room. We had made it all the way to Valladolid by the time we realized the camera was missing. When we called the manager to tell him about our experience, he told us that only two people could have entered our room while we were out to dinner the night before: the front desk staff person and the manager himself. Not very reassuring. We contacted the hotel multiple times to see if the camera had been turned in and provided every opportunity for the hotel to return the camera, including our email and contact information. All of our photos from Chichen Itza were lost with it.

Room Tip: We used Orbitz to reserve a room, which the hotel had no record of receiving. The front desk staff w...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Jesse R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Piste
Hotel & Bungalows Mayaland
El Meson del Marques
El Meson del Marques
#6 of 15 in Valladolid
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,352 reviews

Been to Hotel Chichen Itza? Share your experiences!