Got back on Saturday 21st September 2013 from a 2 week stay at the Halici Semera Hotel.
I will start with the bad points:
* LOADS of steps and completely unsuitable for anyone with pushchairs and or elderly/unfit folks. We coped by using the lift mostly but it was out of order for 3 days.
* No entertainment whatsoever
* Food was always Chicken, Turkey or Fish.
* Most rooms in the removed block had VERY small balconys. Also rooms were in need of refurbishment.
* Because of the steps the views were AMAZING! It made it worth the hike to be able to sit and eat and see the gorgeous mountains and sea. You also get these views from the main pool with the sea one side and the forest the other. It was fabulous and very calming.
* The food we ate there was very nice and I thoroughly enjoyed every meal we had.
* The staff were helpful. I asked for our room to be changed as the balcony was very small and they did find us another that was slightly larger. Also, our light bulb went one night and i reported it. Within 20 mins there was a man at our door to fix it.
* There were 2 pools. One main one on the main site and one on the block we were staying in so if you wanted a bit of peace and quiet you could use this one. There was also a bar there but the bar lady did disappear ocassionally from time to time.
* The location was perfect. It was a 2 min walk to the main street and a 5 min walk (if that) to the beach. The buses go along the main road regularly and you just flag them down.
We ate out 5 nights over our 2 week stay partly because we wanted to sample different foods and partly because there was no entertainment at the hotel. I would thorougly recommend the Apple Bar. We had great fun there and the food was superb. We also ate at Mr Meat on the sea front - that was good and Pop in along the strip which did 2 for 1 cocktails. Everywhere we looked food was very cheap and delicious.
The beach was lovely but we did have to pay 10 lira per day for sunbeds and beer was around 7 lira a bottle. The sea was a very nice temperature - refreshing as it was so hot.
We did the Turtle bay trip with the tombs and mud baths - this was great but a long day. We got picked up at 8 am and got back at 8 pm. We booked this and the Turkish Bath (that was ok) from No Name Travel and it cost £41 for both. He also chucked in a free Moonlight Cruise that we went on and that was lovely too.
It's the second time i have been to Marmaris and i have already booked to go back again May next year but to a different hotel just up the road a bit.
I have given this hotel 4 stars as compared to the hotel i stayed in in June it was much nicer due to the food and Marmaris itself. I did really want to give it a 3.5 but as you can't do halves i think its worth a 4.
We had an absolutely lovely holiday and I would go back to this hotel again but I would make sure i was fitter before i went :-).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideal Panorama has a slightly elevated position offering excellent views of the sea and surrounding area.The stunning beach where you can chill out on a lounger or splash around in the warm waters is 300m. From the hotel. Built in traditional chalet style giving most guest rooms uninterrupted views and privacy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Halici Semera Holiday Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Halici Semera Holiday Village Hotel Mugla
- Halici Semera Holiday Village Turkey/Mugla