La Luz Beach Resort & Spa
Pontefino Hotels(Batangas City)
$72
$70
Agoda.com
Blue Harbor Inn(Calapan)(Great Value!)
$17
$42
$38
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfishday tripsan juanper personfood packageper daymerienda buffetbanana boatbuffet styleper headfew meterslife vestsboard gamesdirt roadshower roomfilipino dishesrustic feel
Reviewed January 29, 2012

Overall experience at la luz was great. My kids Loved the place, Good food, clean place, very accommodation staffs. We will definitely go back at la luz! check out my blog for pics :)

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Bea_14_12
Reviewed January 19, 2012

My boyfriend and I decided to stay at La Luz based on strong recommendations by my colleagues. The travel was something new for me. We rode a bus and 2 jeepneys...traveling with the locals is great! When we got to La Luz, we were checked in easily although they did not have the room that we wanted but since we did not reserve a room prior, I think it was more my fault. The room was clean and nice although the curtains seemed short. The bathroom was separated from the shower room which I think is great! As for customer service, the receptionist was very welcoming and friendly. I forgot to buy a comb and asked her if there was a store nearby where I could purchase one but she said that she was not sure and she would look around. After a few minutes, she came looking for me and she was holding out 2 combs and asked me to pick the one I liked. Talk about service! We also asked to have a boat arranged so we could go snorkeling at 3pm and it was my very first time to do so. The same lady went up to our room at 1:30 pm and checked on us just to remind us about the activity as there were no phones in the room. Lunch was ok though my boyfriend loved the huge grilled fish served in the buffet. I loved the dinner and breakfast buffets though! It rained on the night of our stay but it was more relaxing than disappointing. The desserts during dinner was above average and the champorado served during breakfast was great to cap off our vacation. I woke up at 5am and the wind felt great. I decided to walk along the shore and I saw boats by the beach. I saw fishermen hauling their catch for the day and the villagers were all trying to untangle fish from the nets. They even asked if I wanted to join them. I wanted to experience it but I was more hungry than curious. Would I go back? Absolutely!

Room Tip: The single beds are quite small so try to book a room with a double bed at least.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
7  Thank jdanney
Reviewed January 16, 2012

from the day I book,I have received a mediocre service, I have talked to a certain MB,this lady does not have any sense of customer service,the location of the place is nice,quiet,infact very quiet,no television,wi-fi which is really slow,staff are helpful,some needs training in terms of dealing with clients,food is ok,gd value with money,do noe expect too much in the beach,a bit rough.do not be deceived on theie website,listen to those who have been there,chhers!

Room Tip: Choose the roomson the groun floor
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank KingArthurCA
Reviewed December 2, 2011

The rest of the reviewers have pretty much said it all. Great staff, to whom we gave a hefty tip in their collective tip box. Food was okay, a good spread of a one chick dish, one pork dish,one fish dish, one vegetable dish and soups, salads, and fruits. For breakfast there was also an omelet stall, and they served snacks in the afternoon. The food is rather pricey, but when compared to the other resorts of a similar caliber it's actually quite reasonable. It looked like there was some construction and renovation going on with some of the cottages, which is good because they're starting to show their age a bit.

If you're with toddlers like we were, there's a small play area with a sandbox. The sand is rough, like the rest of the beach, but they at least provide the kids with pails and shovels and other accessories so they can putter around a bit.

As for the room we got a premier loft, which was fine for 6 adults and 2 toddlers. The bathrooms were quite large actually, almost unnecessarily so. Warm water worked all the time so that was good.

New infrastructure has made it much easier to get there, although a dirt road leads to the resort. Some of the signage leading there is rather small and only placed when you're 10 minutes away from the resort, but if you see signs saying you're going to "Laiya" then you're on the right track.

I'd probably come back some day, and would heartily suggest the place if you want a nice place in Batangas to relax and aren't on a tight budget.

Room Tip: If possible ask for a room on the ground floor.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank ryansumo
Reviewed November 14, 2011

If the goal is to relax and have some fun under the sun, this is the place to be.

For only 1,100/person, the Lunch, Merienda, Dinner & Breakfast spread is pretty hefty. They provide about three to four different viands per meal with juice and dessert. The buffet is served al fresco. I am not sure if it is an everyday occurrence but lunch was pretty crowded. There was a long line and they had to set up additional tables outside the main hall and the extended dining area. Unfortunately for us we were seated on a table under the tree and our companion had the misfortune of getting bird poop all over his hands while eating. So, consider this as a tip, always get a table in the covered area.

The beach is also teeming with a good variety of marine life accessible just a few meters from the shore. Like most beaches in the Batangas area, the shore can be pretty abrasive to the feet as it is composed mostly of pebbles and not fine sand. Hence, the need to wear aqua shoes. This also comes in handy when snorkeling as you go further into the sea near the coral reefs.

Locals actually roam or pass thru the property, some of whom ride horses which leave dung on their wake. Good thing the staff at La Luz promptly clean it up.

We stayed in a Premier Loft and it was good enough for a group of six adults and two kids. There are no rooms so privacy can be an issue and sharing is a must for the one & only bathroom and toilet. The room itself does not speak luxury. It's as if it was only built for sleeping after a long day enjoying the beach. Therefore, do not expect anything other than an aircon and the beds. The pillows leave much to be desired too. Even the lighting is sparse.

We availed of the massage at P250 for one hour which we opted to have in the cabana near the beach. The service was provided by locally trained masseuse. It was average.

Customer service was commendable. The staff was very courteous and helpful. They carried our luggages from check in to check out; promised and followed thru in checking us in early as soon as a room becomes available; offered to transfer us to a better room when we complained about the AC in the room and delivered a fan when we opted not to transfer; instantly cleaned the toilet upon request; replaced the busted light bulb in the room; provided us with a thermometer so we can check our son's temperature when he started running a fever.

To sum it up, the most memorable part of this vacation was the great food and the relaxing beach experience.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family