“KORA around Mt Kailash”

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 94 helpful votes
“KORA around Mt Kailash”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Hi all
the Kora around Kailash (outer Kora with approx 53 KM) is a strenous 3 (or 2) day walk.
the criticial things are : acclimatization (you will walk between 4500 and 5600 meters) so take at least 1-2 weeks time in advance for preparation in these hights, have the right gear (clothes etc.) it can be very very cold on 2nd day, depending on the season, be physical fit (yes you have to walk and climb with your rucksack in thin air), check your body all the time !! (blood pressure, heartbeat, pulse etc.)
dont understimate it, but its feasable !
many people (like me) do it in 2 days.
the reason is easy: you want to reach Darchem and have a warm bed !!!
and yes, everything is very basic -
a great experience !

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Holy Pilgrimage”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Before doing the Kailash trek, I was concerned about the altitude and not being in the best shape. The Kailash area is very remote and if you're coming from Lhasa, it takes a while to get there. As anyone who's done some high altitude hiking knows, your success depends on 3 variables: the weather, acclimatization and calorie-intake.

The first one is uncontrollable but it is essential that you spend at least a week in Tibet at the higher elevations before doing the trek. Being in a remote location, the small towns in western Tibet do not have running water and meals can be skimpy and do not provide much in the way of nutritional value. Bring your own Power Bars.

Lastly, I would strongly recommend booking your trip with a Tibetan outfit based in Tibet. Conditions on the ground change constantly according to the dictates of the Chinese military and police. Due to border disputes with India, this is a very heavilly-policed area with multiple checkpoints that require special permits. It quickly became apparent to me that the outfit that I was traveling with, Tibetan Expeditions, www.tibetanexpeditions.com was much better organized and resourceful than some of the groups that were organized out of Nepal.

Even though this is not a difficult trek for anyone who is in shape, try not to join one of the groups that cater to religious pilgrims from India. Most of them have never been on a mountain and will end up being hauled out by donkey or yak after the first day.

Disclosure: I am in no way associated with Tibetan Expeditions nor will I receive any benefits or compensation from recommending them.

Visited May 2013
15 Thank dstnrunner
Leesville, Louisiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“kailah and manasarover yatra. safe, friendly,carring staff with HIRABHAI and SARLABEN”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I travelled with karnalli escursinons of kathmandu to my mt kailash trip since last 4 years , and each trip was safe, carring ,and most hospitality staff. Hira bhai and Sarlaben always took care of the yatries while we was doing the parikrama ,like taking oxgen levels sevral time s a day. also we had good variety of food that suites the high altitudes.the sherpas treated the group with lots of care and were very pataince with us caring the lugages.thankyou Hirabhai and Sarlaben for the ospicious trip. without you all and the karnalli staff our yatra would not have been pleasant.I always choose this company for my kailash yatra.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank latatravelling g
SOUTH AFRICA
102 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“mount kailash”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

What a journey where do i start. The Most difficult trip ever., but the best experience of my life
its a 53kms trek around mt kailash. No hotels, toilets or bathroom very basic accomodation but i would do this trip again

Visited October 2012
6 Thank Lutchmee M
Pune, India
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Kailas – Manas Sarovar Yatra with Raghukul Holidays”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

“RAGHUKUL Reet Sada Chali Aai, Pran Jaye Par Vachan Na Jaye” (रघुकुल रीत सदा चली आयी, प्राण जाये पर वचन ना जाये )

I experienced this truth with “RAGHUKUL HOLIDAYS” during Kailas – Manas Sarovar Yatra July-Aug 2012. I feel very proud to say that whatever they committed – promised us Before Tour-In Tour- and After the Tour are completed without any alterations-sacrifices and adjustments.

Mount Kailas Darshan and Holy Bath in Manas Sarovar is the life changing experience for me, special thanks to Amit-Rohan and all Sherpa Dai.

Normally all travel companies arrange – staying at hotel, morning Tea to Dinner, Travel Arrangements, Announcements for next day schedule, Visa Guidance, Currency Changing etc… but the major difference I feel here is Amit & Rohan did this things as each one of us are very important – special for them.

And whatever the situation comes they face it very calmly and cleverly, in other way they did the job by wearing the “JOKERS MASK” as even if they are facing any serious issue – problem, they showed us nothing is serious and solve in minutes.

I feel very proud that I am the part of “RAGHUKUL HOLIDAYS”. So what to say more Amit Dai, you are the BEST and remain always BEST…………

Rahul Narkhedkar