“Get ready to beat your expectations”

La Mansion de Sam y Sam's Gastro PUB
Ranked #6 of 51 Restaurants in San Gil
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Bar, Pub, South American, Colombian
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Sam’s Pub has established itself as one of San Gil’s top restaurant, specializing in BBQ, Steaks, hamburgers, and more. In the front, the bar offers a great place to kick back while watching sports, socializing with new friends, or just sampling the four microbrewed beers on tap. Inside, the lounge area features comfortable VIP seating and a 52 inch TV. A superb selection of international down-tempo music, murals, and other artwork creates a superb atmosphere for conversing with old friends or meeting new ones.
Bucaramanga, Santander, Colombia
“Get ready to beat your expectations”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I was reccommended by a friend to visit San Gil, Colombia by a friend and while there stay at Sam's VIP and eat at Sam's Pub.I did and was blown away. the Hostel and the resturaunt were amazing.The food was as good as anything you would get at a gourmet steakhouse in The States for a fraction of the price. My favorite meal there was a 16 oz. filet mignon mashed potatoes and came with a beer all for under $10. Amazing!!!!!
I enjoyed Sam, his resturaunt, and Hostel so much I stayed for 4 months. Because I thought his hospitality and resturaunt skills were so excellent and I loved San Gil so much I had my parents come for a 9 day visit. They were skeptical about Colombia at first, but when introduced to Sam and them staying in his hotel (La Mansion de Sam) they soon fell in love with the town and had an amazing exotic vacation.
To make a long story longer, If you're in the area of San Gil, don't cut yourself short by staying or eating anywhere else, Let Sam fix you up!

• Visited June 2012

bogota
“Yummy steaks”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Almost never leave reviews on any website, but seriously, the steak 400 gr with fresh fries and salad for 10 US is just unbelievable, medium rare it melts in your mouth, try the Gin&Ton or JD and coke, Top notch in San Gil

Dublin, Ireland
“Overrated and some bad meals”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Ate here 3 times with the gf, (twice for dinner and once for lunch). The first night I ordered the 400g fillet of beef and the gf had a burger. She enjoyed her burger while my steak was nice, my only gripe was it was cooked medium and I asked for it well done. The chips where lovely though.
The next night I went with the fish and chips and the fish was terrible, it was like processed battered fish from a packet. It was truly awful.
Another day we had lunch there - where they do a starter,main course and juice drink for a cheap price. This was the worst meal of them all - the rice was cold and the roast potatoes where freezing so I didn´t bother to eat it and made a complaint which they accepted and didn´t charge me for. My gf´s lasagne was cold but she ate it because she was starving.

The chips where nice, but 2 bad meals out of 3 for me.

1 Thank StevenG869
dublin Ireland
“Superb beef”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Unfortunately Sam's had just reopened after holidays on our last night in San Gil so the wife and I only got to dine there once. The restaurant was pretty quiet when we arrived. We both ordered fillet steak and not long afterwards out came 2 very sizeable steaks, chargrilled to perfection and as requested cooked medium. The beef was utterly delicious, I was in heaven! The meat came with french fries and salad on the side. We each had a reasonably priced glass of house red to drink. The music selection was rather pleasing, roughly summarised as American & British alternative.
Coming from Western Europe, the value for the steaks was astounding, about a third to one quarter what I would expect to pay for the equivalent at home.

I strongly recommend you try out Sam's when in San Gil!

Kansas City
“Great Restaurant”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

The food here rivals the best restaurants in Colombia, but the prices are small town and so reasonable.

Visited June 2012