“Most Professional Rafting Company in Colombia”

Colombia Rafting Expeditions
Ranked #1 of 10 Tours in San Gil
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We are white-water specialists. Our guides have international certificates like: INTERNATIONAL RAFTING FEDERATION (IRF), RESCUE 3 INTERNATIONAL and Red Cross first aid. We are professional guides with professional accreditation from the Colombian ministry of tourism. Our experience of over 20 years shows that we are the most qualified company to offer White-water rafting on class 5 rivers like the Rio Suarez. The safety and comfort of our customers is the most important thing to us, this is why our company uses certified equipment from internationally recognised brands. We also use boats with frame and oars to offer the best safety on our descents of rapids. We also have instructors like CESAR DIAZ, who represents international bodies to offer courses and renewal of internationally certified licences for SWIFTWATER RESCUE (rescue 3 International), training and certification of rafting guides (INTERNATIONAL RAFTING FEDERATION), and white-water kayaking courses. We also offer 1-3 day tours on the Rio Chicamocha, family trips on the Rio Fonce and hydrospeed (river boarding).
Reviewed April 24, 2013

These guys are true professionals. Did a Rio Suarez trip with them and was truly impressed. Safety orientation was detailed, equipment was in great shape and truly safe, fun and entertaining guides. Thanks Cesar for a great trip!!

1  Thank GullyWasher
There are newer reviews for Colombia Rafting Expeditions

Reviewed April 15, 2013

We had a great experience, we booked the class 5 rapid trip through our hostel and had Cesar and Nestor as our guides, they spoke both Spanish & English which was helpful.
My partner and I have both done some rafting before, but I think beginners would be able to manage it too.
The guides make you feel really safe and take you through different aspects of what could go wrong etc.
There is also a safety kayaker in the water if you fall out.
After they give you a bit of a safety briefing your off and away!

1  Thank Levilouicus
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I did 3 tours with the over the last 2 years, and all off them where amazing!!!
Actually of all the company's in San Gil these are the guys I would reccomend as they have done the most training and have done many international competitions.

The Suarez river (2 years ago) was my first real 4/5 lever rafting experience and I loved it but it also scared the hell out of me! The guides were very professional, show all the safety procedures and practice those with you. And thanks Momo for not letting me fall in those scary rapids, I was allready in the air when he pulled me back in the raft again!

The one I did my next visit was the Fonce with 2 kids, which is perfect for doing with kids. A nice float with some rapids, swimming along the trip etc. Really great day out with kids or for the less adventurous one.

And last but not least, the one I did this March!!!! The paragliding in Chicamocha canyon combo with the rafting. This was my absolute favorite, because you are enjoying the most amazing scenery high up in the air (and if you are lucky you really go very high) and then go down rafting with the most amazing scenery, great and many rapids, go into the almost spooky little village of Jordan (very tasty lunch, mojarra). When arriving at the end at the end of the day we where still filled with the adrenaline of all the things we've done, seen and experienced.
Loved it! One of my favorite activities in San Gil!!!

1  Thank tamsas
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I signed up for the 3 day kayak course and the whole thing was an utter disappointment. The instructor could barely speak english, he wasn't encouraging (constantly cursing and showing off).

We went down one section of the Fonce and I tipped over, was unable to do an eskimo roll and bailed. He abandoned me to go after the paddle and then constantly yelled and screamed.

Because there was nobody at the docking point with a rope we went past it and then had to do a bush hike with flip fops on whilst carrying a massive kayak. He didn't offer to help or swap kayaks (his was half the weight and size of mine). Ended up with blood all over my feet from stepping on thorns.

Cancelled the remaining two days it was so terrible.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

I wanted to take my mother white water rafting and the Fonce River in San Gil was a good start as it was grad 3 rapids.
Colombia Rafting were very helpful, especially Gladys in the office.
On the actual day of the rafting, I was a little disappointed that the guides didn't translate more into English. I felt like we were ignored a little. All of the other people were Colombian in the boat, but when I said that we didn't speak Spanish, the response from the guides was pretty non existent.
The actual rafting was great fun and the guide on the boat kept us safe and relaxed.
I would use the company again, but maybe ask for a guide that speaks English.