“The place to go for sure in San Gil, Colombia”
Review of Gringo Mike's

Gringo Mike's
Ranked #1 of 63 Restaurants in San Gil
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Gringo Mike's isn't just your typical Gringo food...We have fabulous Mexican burritos, quesadillas, fresh salads, amazing prawn dishes, lot's of vegetarian options and famous gigantic gourmet half pound hamburgers. You can substitute our handmade beef burgers for chicken breast or house specialty black bean veggie burgers. We bake fresh brioche bread everyday for our burgers and sandwiches. Gourmet cinnamon rolls with cream cheese orange zest frosting melt in your mouth goodness!You won't find anything like what we offer anywhere in Colombia. Our house hot fudge brownie with creamy vanilla ice cream is made from 70% cacao dark chocolate, this rivals any brownie anywhere! Come try one of our specialty mojitos or margaritas which never disappoint! We have French press local certified coffee and fresh creative natural juices. Didn't get the info from your hostel? No problem we are so close to the main square that it is an easy find, just a half block up from the main park on Calle 12 in the Casa Lopez centro commercial! Visit us today and you will be glad you did, because there is nothing like Gringo Mike's in the whole country! Colombians will agree as they make up 80% of our business! Not just a Gringo hangout it is a melting pot of everyone!
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Had a fantastic time in San Gil and ate at Gringo Mike's almost everyday. The food and the atmosphere are fantastic. A lot of american favorites as well as some Mexican and vegetarian options that are great. Personally, anything prawn related here was my go to. Hard to get prawns in this country and even harder to get them cooked properly but at Mike's they were perfect. Mike and Kat are the best part of the restaurant, you can tell they take pride in their restaurant and work very hard to make everyone there feel at home. Mike is very social, usually there in the evenings working and socializing with everyone as he also runs the Bike Junkies Tour and usually has people from the tour in the restaurant talking about their day. Mike's is also a great place for desert, from homemade chocolate chip cookies to their, also homemade, dark chocolate brownie and ice cream. Loved this place, GO THERE!!!!

Reviewed July 5, 2013

The place is amazing and Kat, the owner, is really cool. Ask her any advice. Personally I did no dislike anything.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

We just came back from our second dinner at Gringo Mikes's and I must say that it was by far the best food we had in San Gil. As many others have said in reviews, San Gil is definitely not the best place for touristy eating. We were looking for vegetarian options and San Gil seems to be a carnivore's haven. The first night we came here we had spent a full day of rafting and had barely eaten. We ordered the veggie black bean burger and the mushroom quesadillas. The portions are "gringo" big and amazing pricing for such big portions.
Tonight we had the mushroom quesadillas - delicious once again and a taco salad with a veggie burger. Also delicious!!! The best part of our night was getting to know Gringo Mike and
really understanding how passionate he is about the business and how hard work and dedication pay off. Mike talked us into having the brownie for dessert which was really unbelievable.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

The food is very good, with ample portions. As my title suggests, the passion fruit margaritas are not to be missed.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

I arrived in San Gil today, and already knowing what to expect from local Colombian restaurants, headed for Gringo Mike's in the hopes of something of a higher standard. I spied the menu online first, and was excited to find it had been expanded at the restaurant.

I ordered the new "Bangkok Belly Buster" which is a red thai curry spiced burger with cucumber, green onions, lettuce, and house ranch (on the side) served with another side of thai sweet chili sauce and fries.

This 1/2 lb burger was not only the best I've had in Colombia in the last 4 years, it's one of the best I've had in my entire life! It was a thick burger on locally baked bread, and it was spicy. The thai sweet chili sauce was awesome too.

I only wish I had room for dessert. The only thing they could've improved upon are the French Fries -- very average. Otherwise, the service was friendly, and the atmosphere, even though I had the place to myself, was excellent.