“Amazing Food”

Gringo Mike's
Ranked #1 of 66 Restaurants in San Gil
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Gringo Mike's isn't just your typical Gringo food...We have fabulous Mexican burritos, quesadillas, fresh salads, amazing prawn dishes, lot's of vegetarian options and famous gigantic gourmet half pound hamburgers. You can substitute our handmade beef burgers for chicken breast or house specialty black bean veggie burgers. We bake fresh brioche bread everyday for our burgers and sandwiches. Gourmet cinnamon rolls with cream cheese orange zest frosting melt in your mouth goodness!You won't find anything like what we offer anywhere in Colombia. Our house hot fudge brownie with creamy vanilla ice cream is made from 70% cacao dark chocolate, this rivals any brownie anywhere! Come try one of our specialty mojitos or margaritas which never disappoint! We have French press local certified coffee and fresh creative natural juices. Didn't get the info from your hostel? No problem we are so close to the main square that it is an easy find, just a half block up from the main park on Calle 12 in the Casa Lopez centro commercial! Visit us today and you will be glad you did, because there is nothing like Gringo Mike's in the whole country! Colombians will agree as they make up 80% of our business! Not just a Gringo hangout it is a melting pot of everyone!
Reviewed July 5, 2013

The place is amazing and Kat, the owner, is really cool. Ask her any advice. Personally I did no dislike anything.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

We just came back from our second dinner at Gringo Mikes's and I must say that it was by far the best food we had in San Gil. As many others have said in reviews, San Gil is definitely not the best place for touristy eating. We were looking for vegetarian options and San Gil seems to be a carnivore's haven. The first night we came here we had spent a full day of rafting and had barely eaten. We ordered the veggie black bean burger and the mushroom quesadillas. The portions are "gringo" big and amazing pricing for such big portions.
Tonight we had the mushroom quesadillas - delicious once again and a taco salad with a veggie burger. Also delicious!!! The best part of our night was getting to know Gringo Mike and
really understanding how passionate he is about the business and how hard work and dedication pay off. Mike talked us into having the brownie for dessert which was really unbelievable.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

The food is very good, with ample portions. As my title suggests, the passion fruit margaritas are not to be missed.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

I arrived in San Gil today, and already knowing what to expect from local Colombian restaurants, headed for Gringo Mike's in the hopes of something of a higher standard. I spied the menu online first, and was excited to find it had been expanded at the restaurant.

I ordered the new "Bangkok Belly Buster" which is a red thai curry spiced burger with cucumber, green onions, lettuce, and house ranch (on the side) served with another side of thai sweet chili sauce and fries.

This 1/2 lb burger was not only the best I've had in Colombia in the last 4 years, it's one of the best I've had in my entire life! It was a thick burger on locally baked bread, and it was spicy. The thai sweet chili sauce was awesome too.

I only wish I had room for dessert. The only thing they could've improved upon are the French Fries -- very average. Otherwise, the service was friendly, and the atmosphere, even though I had the place to myself, was excellent.

Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

San Gil isn't the best for touristy eating, but Gringo Mike's stands out from the mediocre crowd. It has a great menu with a good range of delicious burgers, proper bacon (!) and delicious mojitos - try the brownie and ice cream too. The service was very friendly but could have been a bit quicker, but they were very busy when we were there so that's understandable.

The bike tour was excellent, our best day out in San Gil and we only booked it at 9.30pm the previous day! The guides were friendly, knowledgeable and reassuring, the bikes and equipment excellent and the general service absolutely fantastic, I don't like to say it but this is what Colombian companies should aspire to. We did the cross country tour which was very enjoyable and not too demanding, but definitely not a walk in the park either. Food was plentiful, fresh and tasty and it all contributed to a great day out from a very professional company. One bit of advice would maybe be to send a guide up to the waterfall, just in case anything were to happen to anyone, especially if there were children participating.
Highly recommended!

EatNRideinSanGil, Owner at Gringo Mike's, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2013

Oooh great we are glad you had such a lovely experience with us both in the restaurant and on the bike tour! thanks for the review!